The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

SOB as poor as I've seen him. Is Henry on bench?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 05, 2015, 03:17:15 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on September 05, 2015, 03:14:51 PM
Bowe is lucky the squad is picked already!

Big time.

One poor half doesn't decide your if you're shit or not..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2015, 03:19:08 PM

Big time.

Bowe hasn't performed in the last 12 months for Ulster or Ireland

tyroneboi

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2015, 03:19:08 PM

Big time.

It doesn't no but in an ultra competitive area of the squad it could have been the difference between being selected or not. Plus I never said he was shit but he's playing like shit at the minute.

gallsman

A much more positive start to the second half.

Walter Cronc

CiKe

thanks for that Hardy.

O'Brien and O'Mahony were anonymous from what I saw. Agree with Walter. O'Brien is usually a decent ball carrier to get over the gain line but there is rarely a threat of an offload and with two locks who barely make any yardage we could do with a bit more dynamism in the back row than what O'Mahony offers.

tyroneboi

Do any of the players try offloads? Seems to be a big no no in this game plan. I do think Henderson should be starting though in place of Toner IMO.

screenexile

Halfpenny out for WC. Huge blow to Wales and a huge boost to England!!

I think Henderson needs to be in our team and Bowe dropped unless he starts to show some kind of form. Trimble should be in that squad!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2015, 10:26:20 PM
Halfpenny out for WC. Huge blow to Wales and a huge boost to England!!

I think Henderson needs to be in our team and Bowe dropped unless he starts to show some kind of form. Trimble should be in that squad!
These warm-ups are nuts if you end up losing the likes of Halfpenny.

thewobbler

I don't understand so many warm ups. There's a couple of group games where it should be possible to experiment and change things up a little. Modern rugby is too physical to expect anything better than to lose 4 starting players over the course of the tournament. 3 friendly matches should take you closer to 6-7 absentees.

ludermor

Quote from: thewobbler on September 07, 2015, 10:38:06 PM
I don't understand so many warm ups. There's a couple of group games where it should be possible to experiment and change things up a little. Modern rugby is too physical to expect anything better than to lose 4 starting players over the course of the tournament. 3 friendly matches should take you closer to 6-7 absentees.
Im sure i read somewhere that the number of warm up games this time is to make up for the loss of earnings of the autumn internationals

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ludermor on September 08, 2015, 08:41:29 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 07, 2015, 10:38:06 PM
Im sure i read somewhere that the number of warm up games this time is to make up for the loss of earnings of the autumn internationals

Yeah but Wales' group as we know isnt structured like Ireland's. They don't have the luxury of a couple of dead rubbers as they play England in the 2nd game. Massive loss though. You could argue Halfpenny is the best kicker in world rugby.

As for Ireland personally I think we'd be a better side with Henderson at lock and a back row of SOB, Heaslip and Henry. I just cant get my head around what O'Mahony offers. He's not a jackel at 7 nor does he have the power to carry hard and break tackles.

50fiftyball

I know the current thread is the RWC one but didn't want to go off-topic with this query!

Going to head down to watch the game this weekend or next in Dublin - hopefully don't jinx us!

Could the veterans on here list in their opinion the best pubs to watch the ruggers. Purely for atmosphere, I've been told obviously down by the Aviva, I'm not familiar with that area booking a hotel as I usually stay for the GAA!

AZOffaly

Searsons is popular, but I'm not mad on it. Maybe the Horse Show, or Paddy Cullens/Mary Macs down near the RDS?