Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosskarr

Quote from: clowry13 on May 19, 2015, 10:30:21 PM
Rosskarr shows how much you know when he's gave the soccer up to concentrate on down minors and ballyholland, you fool.
clowry13, Fools seldom differ. Do you know our new poster ShaneMulholland ?  :o :o

PAULD123

Quote from: Leftmidfield on May 19, 2015, 09:25:58 PM
i was at the derbie (or is it Derby) too and agree with your version of events Supersub. I am also not sure how I feel about the result as it definitely could have gone either way. I'm not familiar with the rostrevor team so how many were you actually missing ? Talk before the game was you were going to be missing 6 Or 7. If that was a ploy for the Point to be complacent then maybe it worked.

Rostrevor were missing quite a few players but Warrenpoint also had absentees. It is not always about numbers sometimes one player's loss alone can swing things. Warrenpoint were missing Ryan McAleenan and Ross McGarry. So only two players, compared to Rostervors half dozen, but missing our single most important forward is a very significant detraction. I think the point is well proven by the fact that when Rostrevor lost their best player (Parr) to a black card the tide turned against them. Only time will tell when the teams meet again and different players are available.

Ed Hardy

Any word of anybody called into the county panel to replace Mallon and Donnelly? Obviously anyone called in now would hardly be in contention for Derry game, but could be for fixtures after that game.

interested

Quote from: Ed Hardy on May 20, 2015, 10:40:35 PM
Any word of anybody called into the county panel to replace Mallon and Donnelly? Obviously anyone called in now would hardly be in contention for Derry game, but could be for fixtures after that game.
Lets hope they are USFC fixtures rather than qualifiers.

5 Sams

Harps comprehensively beaten by a very good Warrenpoint team tonight. No excuses. Serious outfit. Interesting to see how they do against Burren next week.
The Aristocrat Years

Smurfy123

We are going very well at the minute after many people thought that we would struggle
Big game next week but we are ready for it and would be confident of the win

supersub

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 23, 2015, 01:32:49 AM
Harps comprehensively beaten by a very good Warrenpoint team tonight. No excuses. Serious outfit. Interesting to see how they do against Burren next week.

That result doesn't overly surprise me not sure about anyone else.

Going back to the absentees. Captain and vice captains Damian and Chrissy Magee missing v point, as well as Conor Magee at midfield. Shaun Parr (stags brother in law) and Conor Doyle played. Shaun black card and Niall Farrell off injured start of second half. It wasn't only the 'starting' players Rostrevor missed though, there were a few who would have been on the bench and replaced these lads who were away too. Just giving an insight as someone asked. Not a big squad so every little hurts!

T O Hare

Burren were scary last night. Granted we gifted them easy goals but all over they were as good a team I have seen in a while.
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

whitegoodman

Tom Burren have a decent midfield and plenty of good forwards which will only be helped by the two McArdles returning but if they can be neutralised which Kilcoo have done in the past then their defence can be got at.

The bridge appear to be struggling a bit and there only so much the old hands can do.  The gravey train looks like it has slowed up there too.

wobbller

Quote from: whitegoodman on May 23, 2015, 12:04:54 PM
Tom Burren have a decent midfield and plenty of good forwards which will only be helped by the two McArdles returning but if they can be neutralised which Kilcoo have done in the past then their defence can be got at.

The bridge appear to be struggling a bit and there only so much the old hands can do.  The gravey train looks like it has slowed up there too.
The glory days are long gone here. Current Management are great Club men but
that doesn't mean they'll be good Managers. Time to maybe think about getting a suitable
outsider.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: T O Hare on May 23, 2015, 11:05:07 AM
Burren were scary last night. Granted we gifted them easy goals but all over they were as good a team I have seen in a while.

Championship looks to be in the bag.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on May 23, 2015, 02:56:22 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on May 23, 2015, 11:05:07 AM

Championship looks to be in the bag.
at the minute they're a good bit in front of the rest. kilcoo still adjusting to life after mccorry?? they seem to a have dropped a touch from their usual high standards. warrenpoint the surprise packet so far, next friday will be interesting against burren.
nil satis nisi optimum

whitegoodman

Kilcoo started with a few mixed results last year but came good around championship time.  The loss of Jim might well be felt but they will still be the team to beat come championship.  Plus Burren haven't beaten Kilcoo in championship in a long time.

supersub

Nothing is decided in May as they say. No doubt Kilcoo will be still going come September.

OgraAnDun

I for one would certainly not read into Kilcoo's form at all.