Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 08:01:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2016, 07:54:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 07:37:56 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2016, 06:06:48 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 03:55:12 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on February 08, 2016, 12:10:10 PM
Second Galway goal?  :o

Where you watching another game Seafoid? Haha
Thanks for the lift to the railway station. Just made it.
Great stadium Pearse and unlike Healy park good toilet facilities with actual hot water

Thought the Galway fans were a bit harsh towards Sean Cavanagh and Morgan
I think I dreamt it.
What I liked was what Kevin Walsh described in the indo

"If they get on top of you they can come in droves and run at you."

That is the essence of Galway football. It is nice to see it again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE_maOQWTOk

I feel sorry for Mayo . They hafta win this year.

I don't even feel sorry for Galway anymore!  ;D
Mallacht Mhaoigh Eo. I was talking to  a fella at the match yesterday. He also thinks Galway will win Sam before Mayo.
That would be sickening considering all the effort Mayo have put in. Same number of all Irelands in 1952.....

That was the old line back in the '90's when we were knocking on the Door and ye were hanging off our coat tails. Ye, fair play to ye, got past us and showed us how it was done. And ye let us know and have doing it since. And sure why wouldn't ye! I'm afraid them days are no longer. You are without a connacht title for eight years. Ye have not been within a arses roar of us for 4 years now and taken some hidings. Sligo have had the better of ye a couple of times the last couple of years. Have ye won a game in Croker since 2001? Even the back door has been a disaster. Have ye beaten a decent side since 2001? How long are ye in Division 2 now? Feck, they say the first step to failure is trying and at the moment at least we are!
It's all about the future now. Who cares about connacht titles? When we get going again we'll stack them up.
We'll probably win an all Ireland in the next 5 years. I jusht wish Mayo could do it before that

You think you will win a Title with Dublin and Kerry in the frame the next five years? When is the last time you beat either of them in the championship? God, I thought Mayo people were dreamers and living in fantasy land!

seafoid

Tobin believes the Connacht championship will be extremely competitive this summer.

"My own county Galway I think are going in the right direction and can challenge strongly for promotion to Division One. Roscommon have the potential to be formidable. This will benefit Mayo as well and makes the championship something to look forward to."

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2016, 08:08:37 PM

Great stadium Pearse and unlike Healy park good toilet facilities with actual hot water

I think I dreamt it.

Mallacht Mhaoigh Eo. I was talking to  a fella at the match yesterday. He also thinks Galway will win Sam before Mayo.
That would be sickening considering all the effort Mayo have put in. Same number of all Irelands in 1952.....

That was the old line back in the '90's when we were knocking on the Door and ye were hanging off our coat tails. Ye, fair play to ye, got past us and showed us how it was done. And ye let us know and have doing it since. And sure why wouldn't ye! I'm afraid them days are no longer. You are without a connacht title for eight years. Ye have not been within a arses roar of us for 4 years now and taken some hidings. Sligo have had the better of ye a couple of times the last couple of years. Have ye won a game in Croker since 2001? Even the back door has been a disaster. Have ye beaten a decent side since 2001? How long are ye in Division 2 now? Feck, they say the first step to failure is trying and at the moment at least we are!
It's all about the future now. Who cares about connacht titles? When we get going again we'll stack them up.
We'll probably win an all Ireland in the next 5 years. I jusht wish Mayo could do it before that

You think you will win a Title with Dublin and Kerry in the frame the next five years? When is the last time you beat either of them in the championship? God, I thought Mayo people were dreamers and living in fantasy land!
Dubs win every 2 years. Kerry's strike rate is not what it was. Gooch has lost more than he has won

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 08:36:04 PM
Tobin believes the Connacht championship will be extremely competitive this summer.

"My own county Galway I think are going in the right direction and can challenge strongly for promotion to Division One. Roscommon have the potential to be formidable. This will benefit Mayo as well and makes the championship something to look forward to."

He'd say that. As much as a former Mayo footballer will spin a tale of Mayos chances of making the breakthrough. What else would they say? What is the gauge for such a statement. Last year was a bit of a disaster for Ros, Galway, Sligo and Leitrim. The tale of a competitive Province to help win an AI does not hold. In fact it has helped Dublin having an easy passage out of Leinster. Where as a Competitive Ulster has burned out Donegal at the business end.

mouview

I think I dreamt it.

So hard to see it at the moment Seaf. Going by yesterday, (though for obvious reasons I wasn't at it!), we need a heck of a lot of new defenders (2 at least in the FB line alone); still not decided on a goalie or kick-out strategy; midfield seems to have reached a ceiling in terms of performance and a powerhouse CHF required also. All these don't come overnight.

seafoid

The end must have been a sickener, Mo.
I think Walsh is doing good worth with them and they are going to go places.

GalwayBayBoy

Was I right in thinking that Tomas O'Se was talking cobblers last night on RTE when he was eulogising about Tyrone having 7 of last year's U-21 team playing? They only had a couple I think as it was a fairly settled experienced side they had out. Actually Galway had 6 U-21's from last year starting the game. Although I doubt he even noticed that to be honest.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 08, 2016, 09:21:13 PM
Was I right in thinking that Tomas O'Se was talking cobblers last night on RTE when he was eulogising about Tyrone having 7 of last year's U-21 team playing? They only had a couple I think as it was a fairly settled experienced side they had out. Actually Galway had 6 U-21's from last year starting the game. Although I doubt he even noticed that to be honest.

Agreed, looks like Tyrone only started with 2 u21's from last year whilst Galway started with 6 as you stated and brought on another 2 from the bench.

Galway will need to win in Derry if they are going to get promoted

never kickt a ball

Started with Rory Brenan and Conor Meyler. Mark Bradley came on as did Lee Brennan, and Cathal McShane. Conor Meyler was replaced by Sean. So five used altogether.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2016, 08:49:43 PM

He'd say that. As much as a former Mayo footballer will spin a tale of Mayos chances of making the breakthrough. What else would they say? What is the gauge for such a statement. Last year was a bit of a disaster for Ros, Galway, Sligo and Leitrim. The tale of a competitive Province to help win an AI does not hold. In fact it has helped Dublin having an easy passage out of Leinster. Where as a Competitive Ulster has burned out Donegal at the business end.
In Connacht it does make a difference. It helped Galway in the 60s and again in the 90s.  ;)

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 08, 2016, 09:41:52 PM

Agreed, looks like Tyrone only started with 2 u21's from last year whilst Galway started with 6 as you stated and brought on another 2 from the bench.

Galway will need to win in Derry if they are going to get promoted
The Ulster derbies are all going to be super competitive. Derry could be beaten by Fermanagh or a desperate Armagh

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 10:06:00 PM

In Connacht it does make a difference. It helped Galway in the 60s and again in the 90s.  ;)

Didn't help them in the early 70's.  ;)

Syferus

Getting to D1 was far from a disaster. In fact before  injuries derailed things it was quite a good year. We've had  enough disasters to know what they are like.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2016, 10:29:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 10:06:00 PM

Didn't help them in the early 70's.  ;)
Nothing seems to help Mayo. Not Knock Holy Water, not prayer, not the appeal of reason, not being 7 points ahead.

Main Street

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 08, 2016, 07:51:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 07:35:36 PM
Quote from: trileacman on February 08, 2016, 07:31:12 PM
Lads your going to have to get over Tiernan mc canns colour of skin, I've seen it referenced here now several times on the board and it's a bit pathetic. I've known him since he was a kid and he has always been very tanned, in fact he took quite a bit of stick for it as a tennager, most of it based around insinuating a questionable parentage. It was nothing but sheer bullying back then and I don't see it any different now.
I was informed by 2 very credible Throne posters that it was fake tan.

Seafoid, your letting yourself down a bit on this thread. I appreciate the hilarious idea of you thinking McCann has fake tan on but seriously, how old are you?
i thought the hilarious bit  was the oxymoron, "2 very credible Throne posters"

Totally agreed about all these reference to skin colour, even supposedly jocular references.
This type of ignorance even became institutionalised in Monaghan  with the continuous reference to the nickname Jap that was tagged onto Kieran Finlay since the time when he was a kid and that was just coming from 10 year old  kids on the street who really did not know any better. And yet you had all these brainless references to Jap as if it was a term of affection, from people who had no excuse for their ignorance.
And now it even becomes a generational thing.