Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Quote from: NAG1 on October 09, 2018, 09:42:53 AM
Quote from: belfastsaff on October 09, 2018, 09:36:25 AM
I see that the Derry SFC final is scheduled for the same day - that could affect attendance.

You think the Cargin ones will go to the Derry final instead?  ;)

Both Cargin and Creggan (and both Managers) have the strong backbone of Derry education.  You would probably be surprised at the amount of people disgruntled with the two finals being on the same day

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on October 08, 2018, 04:32:28 PM
MR2 probably lying low till the hurling and football championships are over in case he gets the nod to perform the man in the middle role. Fair play to be in with that shout, a thumbs up from me anyway for commitment.

St Galls lost absolutely nothing in defeat on Saturday, contributing to a classic, with eight players in their mid thirties. Something I fear we will never see again in our lifetime. They mightnt have won the championship but showed us patches of football that took them to elite status at national club level.

And 100% fair play to Cargin for the comeback of all time!
Sounds like you need a hankie BS.....and you can use it again if an unlikely umpire's position becomes available
Wonder why you seem to require the "fair play to them" prefix when making reference to Cargin.....

Hoof Hearted

If they take this anywhere else other than Ahoghill they need a good kick in the stones
10/15 minutes up the road for everyone
IFC in corrigan will make sense
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

belfastsaff

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 09, 2018, 03:03:42 PM
If they take this anywhere else other than Ahoghill they need a good kick in the stones
10/15 minutes up the road for everyone
IFC in corrigan will make sense

Agreed Portglenone might also be in with a shout great set up.

Hoof Hearted

Portglenone or even whitehill could be good shouts too
Ahoghill has the experience of having had it before

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Hearing plans to play Minor A final before IFC final at Corrigan Park. Surely Dunloy would like it a bit more neutral

stiffler

Glenavy best pitch in the county IMO and done a great job of hosting the final last year.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Hectic

Have not been down round Portglenones new pitch yet. Did they build up some vantage viewing points around it? By all accounts great job done in every other way.

Would guess it will be Ahoghill though.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: farset on October 09, 2018, 05:45:43 PM
Corrigan best surface though!! I'd want to be playing there.

Probably is but surely geography has to be taken into consideration

Hectic

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 09, 2018, 08:06:51 PM
Quote from: farset on October 09, 2018, 05:45:43 PM
Corrigan best surface though!! I'd want to be playing there.

Probably is but surely geography has to be taken into consideration

Big call saying any particular surface best when there a number of excellent surfaces out there right now.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on October 09, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
Hearing plans to play Minor A final before IFC final at Corrigan Park. Surely Dunloy would like it a bit more neutral

nothing would surprise me with our county  ::)
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: farset on October 10, 2018, 12:36:22 PM
If Casement Park sitting ready to be played on, would you still want it played at Ahoghill?

No, why would anyone not want it played at what would be a wonderful venue if its ever built?

But thats all what could be.

hurl like f**k boi!

country bumpkin

Quote from: Spike on October 09, 2018, 07:48:26 AM
Yes Chapeau to Cargin and St Galls for that match. Really was one to remember, two teams going at it was a joy to behold and the resolution of both sides was admirable.

Final will be a different affair, can Cargin be as reckless against an organised Creggan team?  Creggan dont have the stars that st galls have but work so hard for each other and do the simple things well. Their form starts them as favourites but can Cargin's returning contingent make the difference?

Toals do not agree with you........but sure they go to lots of games  8) and go;

4/9 Cargin
13/8 Creggan

Handy money......?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: farset on October 10, 2018, 02:05:58 PM
I'm just talking about the surface and it being in Belfast.  You wouldn't complain travelling for the surface there. Corrigan every bit as good as what Casement was in my opinion.

That said I always remember the same people slabbering about having to play in Casement for hurling County finals involving two NA clubs.

naw your grand, we dont want to play in corrigan. Ahoghill will do us fine or even somewhere else halfway between until we get a county ground. until then we will continue 'slabbering' about it.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Yeah look in this instance Ahoghill makes sense. Randalstown would have been perfect as well had they decent vantage.

No need to ask supporters to travel to Belfast when nothing more available there right now.