Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knockitdown

snoopdog

Quote from: C Carr on November 16, 2015, 10:47:15 AM
I heard Kilcoo all went out last night after their defeat
Rightly so I'm sure they deserved it after a long hard season.

Red eye

Quote from: snoopdog on November 16, 2015, 12:27:49 PM
Rightly so I'm sure they deserved it after a long hard season.

+1
Why wouldn't they - yes disappointing but guys will need a break now - couldn't begrudge them a bit of chill out time 👍

rosskarr

I'm glad your name just sounds like mine!You'd be letting down the good name with the quality of your first three posts.

Smurfy123

He is taking the piss lads
Sarcasm!!!

wobbller

Two big Saturday FIxtures coming up for Down in Newry.Donegal on Jan 30th and the Dubs on March 12th.testing times ahead for the new Management.

downup

It appears Shorty Treanor has walked from the Castlewellan job, player power at work again??

Gaa for life

what makes you think it was player power?

downup

That's what I have been told by a club person from the Town

SamFever

Quote from: downup on November 17, 2015, 01:03:54 PM
That's what I have been told by a club person from the Town
Joining Eamon Burns?

rosskarr

Any word of Trials at Minor,U21 or Senior Football?

NP 76

There was talk that the senior team were to start training tonight

Gaa for life

your source seems to be correct downup. player power seems to have pushed shorty out the door.

Line Ball

Lads, anyone else worried about the lack of progress on Eamon Burn's backroom team?  Its nearly two weeks since he was ratified but no names since.  I wonder is he struggling for a credible number 2 and a decent coach as well as selectors?  The uncertainty is the really worrying thing but I'm sure we have no problem waiting as long as we get the right people involved.

U.21 trials were held last night I believe.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Line Ball on November 18, 2015, 09:11:38 PM
Lads, anyone else worried about the lack of progress on Eamon Burn's backroom team?  Its nearly two weeks since he was ratified but no names since.  I wonder is he struggling for a credible number 2 and a decent coach as well as selectors?  The uncertainty is the really worrying thing but I'm sure we have no problem waiting as long as we get the right people involved.

U.21 trials were held last night I believe.
the lack of any progress is very worrying, things seem to have gone very quiet. there is a lot of apathy out there among fellow down supporters I speak to, which is also worrying. Eamonn burns has a big job on his hands and hopefully when he gets started all down players and supporters will get behind him and his team.

I notice the criticism of the county board has slowed a bit since the psni were threatened upon any dissenting voices.....the down way!!  The county board, I'm sure everyone would agree are all doing a very good job, as can be seen by our success at all levels of county football, our commercial expertise and our 2nd to none training facilites. Not to mention the professional manner in which they have handled the removing and appointing of recent down managers at senior and minor level. Down have fallen way behind other ulster counties, its time to stop the rot.
nil satis nisi optimum