Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

well done loughinisland. crazy scoreline.
nil satis nisi optimum

6th sam

Delighted for Loughinisland. They have been rarely troubled all year, and though the all-Ireland series will be hard to predict , with their strong playing and management personnel Loughinisland are well equipped to bring home further silverware

EIREANNACH

Loughinisland won 5 scores to 7

Nothing crazy about it they did what they had to do to win and play out last 8 mins a man short.

Goals win games they say
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

TheClutch

Quote from: Ed Hardy on November 28, 2015, 02:59:12 PM
Just reading preview of the Loughinisland game 2mar, do neither of the O' Reilly's play for them anymore?

I also found this a bit curious? Are Jamie and Ben both abroad?
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

general

Ben in London I believe teaching.

Unsure about Jamie..

rosskarr

Quote from: 6th sam on November 29, 2015, 10:36:47 PM
Delighted for Loughinisland. They have been rarely troubled all year, and though the all-Ireland series will be hard to predict , with their strong playing and management personnel Loughinisland are well equipped to bring home further silverware
Best of luck to them in the All-Ireland series but whenever the journey ends I'd think they would far rather be in Div1 next year.

Leonardo

Yip. I'd rather struggle in Div 1 than win an Ulster😳

SHEEDY

Quote from: rosskarr on November 30, 2015, 05:08:48 PM
Best of luck to them in the All-Ireland series but whenever the journey ends I'd think they would far rather be in Div1 next year.
seriously?? they won the down championship, they won ulster and they now have a chance of all-ireland glory but you think they would swap that to play division 1 football in down. dont think they will get the credit they deserve, some people will try to belittle their achievement because its at intermediate level.
nil satis nisi optimum

outinfront

That's ridiculous! Well done Loughinisland a great achievement.  May well go all the way and I'm sure they will make a challenge for Div1 next year whilst also being in the SFC.
Gotta laugh sometimes.  For ages I've heard many Down men give off about how poor Down teams do in the provincial Junior and Intermediate championships.  Now its two UIFCs  in a row and we cant give the teams some credit?

snoopdog

Successful teams always have their begrudgers.  Fair play to them winning trophies at intermediate is a lot better than being a mid table div 1 team. Best of luck in the all ireland series. Hopefully a few boys will make the step up to Down from this experience.

SamFever

Quote from: rosskarr on November 30, 2015, 05:08:48 PM
We're all not use to success the way Kilcoo are.Oh wait a minute-they haven't won an Ulster title.

Ed Hardy

All very quiet on the County front, no word of Down naming the training panel, the way Derry have?

SamFever

Quote from: Ed Hardy on December 01, 2015, 05:41:47 PM
All very quiet on the County front, no word of Down naming the training panel, the way Derry have?
Or a note from the County Senior Football backroom team(as promised)?

Line Ball

Quote from: SamFever on December 02, 2015, 04:05:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on December 01, 2015, 05:41:47 PM
Or a note from the County Senior Football backroom team(as promised)?
Not very inspiring if what I hear is true.

Line Ball

Taken from Hoganstand

Coulter and Clarke in Mourne return?
02 December 2015

New Down manager Eamonn Burns hasn't given up hope on 2010 All-Stars Benny Coulter and Marty Clarke returning to the inter-county fold in 2016.

Speaking to The Belfast Telegraph at the launch of the Dr McKenna Cup competition, Burns revealed: "I have spoken to Benny and he has some work commitments at the minute. He hasn't committed yet.

"Marty is involved with Queen's University and I am speaking to James McCartan (Queen's manager) about the progress he is making.

"I am going to keep an eye on Marty throughout the McKenna Cup and see how he is progressing and make a decision then. But I haven't spoken to him at all.

"I think he is managing his medical condition, but as I haven't spoken to him, I don't want to say too much."

28-year-old Clarke suffers from Addington's Disease but his return would be a significant boost to the Mourne County's chances in the new year.

Meanwhile, the new man at the helm also revealed that Aidan Branigan and Gerard Colgan have joined his backroom team as selectors.