As a combo?

Is Mc Hugh doing a Colm O'Rourke?

Blowitupref

Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 06:00:28 PM
Quote from: Rudi on August 15, 2022, 05:35:04 PM
Martin McHugh & Maxi Curran  ;D interested in Donegal

As a combo?

Looks that way, Curran part of McHughs management.

Martin McHugh declined the Donegal job in 2008, telling BBC Sport "I don't have the time"

However, he told the Donegal News in January 2022: "I would still love to manage Donegal. I'd love to manage my own county... It would be something I'd like to do. There's a bucket list there when you get to my age, and I'd still like to have a crack with Donegal"
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

marty34

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 15, 2022, 06:06:33 PM

As a combo?

Martin McHugh declined the Donegal job in 2008, telling BBC Sport "I don't have the time"

However, he told the Donegal News in January 2022: "I would still love to manage Donegal. I'd love to manage my own county... It would be something I'd like to do. There's a bucket list there when you get to my age, and I'd still like to have a crack with Donegal"

Was Mc Hugh with Kilcar or any club recently?

Rudi

https://www.donegaldaily.com/2022/08/15/mchugh-and-maxi-emerge-as-donegal-management-team-possibility/

McHugh hasn't done much management lately. Would be a serious step backwards if these 2 were considered.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rudi on August 15, 2022, 06:27:07 PM
https://www.donegaldaily.com/2022/08/15/mchugh-and-maxi-emerge-as-donegal-management-team-possibility/

McHugh hasn't done much management lately. Would be a serious step backwards if these 2 were considered.
Serious step backwards was reappointing Bonner in 2017 and giving him another two years when his term was up in 2020. 

Rudi

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 15, 2022, 06:52:47 PM

Serious step backwards was reappointing Bonner in 2017 and giving him another two years when his term was up in 2020.

Yeah agree but this would be even worse, never go back .....

J70

Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 06:08:27 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 15, 2022, 06:06:33 PM

As a combo?

Was Mc Hugh with Kilcar or any club recently?

Think he was last with Kilcar five years ago.

Maxi Curran has done a good job with the ladies. Managed Eunan's to county title also.

No idea if they'd do a good job, but it can't be much worse than it's been.

Walter Cronc

Is Karl Lacey interested? Heard reports he's a very good coach.

Rudi

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 15, 2022, 10:10:14 PM
Is Karl Lacey interested? Heard reports he's a very good coach.

He is the head of academy Development u14 squads upwards, unlikely to step away from this role. Type of personality Donegal needs, pretty impressive.

JoeSoap

McHugh did a poor job with Kilcar all things considered but if he had good coaches in his backroom team, who knows. He was our greatest ever player before Murphy so could galvanise things across the county however there can be a lot of sniping in Donegal football circles (not unique in that regard) and I have a feeling that his appointment would turn into a bad enough atmosphere at the first sign of trouble unfortunately.

I'm not a huge fan of Maxi at all but there's no doubt he did a good job with the women, in reality they pushed Meath closer than anyone else this year in both the league final and the All-Ireland semi. I would have my doubts about him though and would hope if McHugh does get the job the ticket is more than him, his son, and Maxi Curran.

Lacey is heavily involved in Convoy and I doubt he would step straight into the seniors. Especially as he left Declan's backroom team due to commitments.

JoeSoap

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 15, 2022, 06:52:47 PM

Bonner was a breath of fresh air in 2018 and we played fantastic football in 18 and 19. Unfortunately the Ulster final defeat to Cavan, in hindsight, was a hammer blow and the setup never seemed to recover. This year was awful with some of the worst performances I've ever seen following Donegal but to say Declan's reappointment in 2017 was a step backwards after what we had witnessed in 15 & 16 is very harsh.

bannside

Could McHugh not bring Lacey in with him in that case Rudi?

Rudi

Quote from: bannside on August 15, 2022, 10:35:59 PM

Dont see how he could over see the development of multiple Development  underage Squads & assist McHugh at the same time. I would leave him where he is, looking like he is doing a very good job. McHugh could do something in management terms, he needs coaches other than Maxi & his son along with him.

marty34

Quote from: Rudi on August 15, 2022, 10:48:51 PM

Dont see how he could over see the development of multiple Development  underage Squads & assist McHugh at the same time. I would leave him where he is, looking like he is doing a very good job. McHugh could do something in management terms, he needs coaches other than Maxi & his son along with him.

Was Mark Mc Hugh with Fermanagh minors?

Rudi

Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 10:52:20 PM
Quote from: Rudi on August 15, 2022, 10:48:51 PM

Was Mark Mc Hugh with Fermanagh minors?

Yes 2019 Squad as coach.