County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: yellowcard on July 25, 2022, 09:46:04 PM
Wee James no surprise, the only surprise is that he left it so long. Down are at a low ebb but it's probably a good time to take that job as they can't sink much lower but they need to begin to try and heal the club rifts which will be difficult. Maybe an outside man like Banty alongside Laverty and Poacher.

What club rifts?

yellowcard

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 26, 2022, 09:58:07 AM
Wee James no surprise, the only surprise is that he left it so long. Down are at a low ebb but it's probably a good time to take that job as they can't sink much lower but they need to begin to try and heal the club rifts which will be difficult. Maybe an outside man like Banty alongside Laverty and Poacher.

What club rifts?

Kilcoo and Burren, I'm only looking at it from the outside but I get the impression that there isn't much love between Kilcoo in general and the county set up.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on July 26, 2022, 10:24:17 AM

What club rifts?

Kilcoo and Burren, I'm only looking at it from the outside but I get the impression that there isn't much love between Kilcoo in general and the county set up.
Generally, a dominant club is not good for the county team.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on July 26, 2022, 10:33:14 AM

What club rifts?

didnt do us any harm when cross were dominant

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 26, 2022, 11:56:04 AM

What club rifts?

Many would argue it did, and this became particularly evident once the AI winning team began to break up around 2006. Senior club football was uncompetitive and uninteresting for years, and the overall standard dropped markedly compared with previously decades. We're maybe only beginning to see a recovery in the last two or three years - 25 years on from the birth of the monster.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

seafoid

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on July 26, 2022, 12:09:34 PM

What club rifts?

Many would argue it did, and this became particularly evident once the AI winning team began to break up around 2006. Senior club football was uncompetitive and uninteresting for years, and the overall standard dropped markedly compared with previously decades. We're maybe only beginning to see a recovery in the last two or three years - 25 years on from the birth of the monster.
All Irelands need high skill levels. Regular hammerings are bad for skills development . The best club team will never get the full 15 on the county team or be better in every single position. A spread of clubs tends to be better.
Armagh only won the one all Ireland while Cross were vacuuming up county titles.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on July 26, 2022, 01:42:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on July 26, 2022, 12:09:34 PM

What club rifts?

All Irelands need high skill levels. Regular hammerings are bad for skills development . The best club team will never get the full 15 on the county team or be better in every single position. A spread of clubs tends to be better.
Armagh only won the one all Ireland while Cross were vacuuming up county titles.

And zero All Irelands when they werent

Helix.

Michael Fennelly gone from Offaly hurlers I see in local media Midlands Sport. I wonder will he be involved in back room team of any future Kilkenny backroom team.

imtommygunn

I wonder did he go or was he pushed? I dunno if Offaly would be living up to expectations.

Helix.

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 26, 2022, 04:44:06 PM
I wonder did he go or was he pushed? I dunno if Offaly would be living up to expectations.

Say the latter. 3 year term up, Offaly County Board chose not to renew it.

Blowitupref

One journalist tweeted

14 GAA county senior managers have left their positions over the last four weeks.

Only three of those replaced with Mayo, Monaghan, Dublin, Offaly, Waterford, Wexford, Donegal, Longford, Kilkenny and Down all having vacancies, along with the Laois hurlers from mid-June.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: Helix. on July 26, 2022, 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 26, 2022, 04:44:06 PM

Say the latter. 3 year term up, Offaly County Board chose not to renew it.

I wonder why?

Were players not impressed with him?

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

We don't know, no word from CB as to whether Anthony is staying or going, or being proposed or anything! :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM