Irish Independent is forced to apologise for it's behaviour !!

Started by orangeman, August 02, 2011, 08:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteI think if you're daft enough to slap a referee's book out of his hands, you'd be well capable of saying the referee was cat.

That made me laugh.  Thanks.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on August 16, 2011, 12:37:59 PM
That's a fair point.
Galvin received a hefty suspension for that though which kind of disproves your argument.

No it doesn't. That was a different type of incident, but what I'm saying is if you are mad enough to do that, you could easily make a comment about a ref in the heat of the moment.

Billys Boots

We got wise advice in school that I have always remembered - never write down (nowadays it should probably be changed to 'record') your opinion about a contentious issue. 

irunthev

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 16, 2011, 02:47:18 PM
We got wise advice in school that I have always remembered - never write down (nowadays it should probably be changed to 'record') your opinion about a contentious issue.

You must have had the same teacher as Anthony Tohill then. :P

muppet

Even in song?
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2011, 04:46:50 PM

Even in song?

Especially in song!  :P

orangeman

Eugene Mc Gee and the Irish Independent are now forced to apologise via the newspaper's solicitors for writing the article in the first place. It looks like these lads took the article really bad. Does this mean that the other lads in the CCCC responsible for the decision accept their "guilt" ?.

APOLOGY AND RETRACTION

Gaa Central Competitions Control Committee ; Danny Murphy, Michael Delaney, John Prenty, Pat Fiztgerald, Fergal Mc Gill, Patrick Doherty and Bernard Smith.
In Eugene Mc Gee's article on Monday August 15th 2011, headed "DIRT ON THE SOLE OF THEIR SHOE" concerning the CCCC'S decision concerning Wexford's goalkeeper Anthony Masterson, it was incorrectly stated that the above mentioned CCCC members were involved in deliberations which led to that decision. In fact these CCCC members had no involvement whatsoever in such deliberations.
Messrs Murphy, Delaney, Prenty and Fitzgerald, CEOs of the provincial councils, are not involved at all in CCCC disciplinary matters. Messrs Mc Gill, Doherty and Smith are only involved in such matters in an administrative capacity and have no deliberative role.
We are aware that many of the comments made in that article have caused deep hurt and stress to those concerned. These are people who strive to promote the GAA and who work tirelessly on its behalf. They are also committed to the application of the GAA official guide fairly and consistently.
We therefore now formally retract the comments insofar as they were directed at the above named persons and unreservedly apologise to them for the deep hurt and distress caused by the content of our article.

SIMON MC ALEESE SOLICITORS

Denn Forever

Who took the case against the Indo?  Croke Park or the members of the CCCC?

Were any facts that McGee stated wrong?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Leo

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 06, 2011, 06:24:28 PM
Who took the case against the Indo?  Croke Park or the members of the CCCC?

Were any facts that McGee stated wrong?

Two things.....
1 - theIndo is a rga and anyone who buys it should catch themselves on
2 - GAA officers at provincial and national level are as precious about their "elevated" position in life as the Vatican - and as worthy!
Fierce tame altogether

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Have I got this right.

These guys are very upset that someone linked them to a demand for an apology, and they are so upset that they now demanded an apology?
MWWSI 2017

irunthev

Quote from: muppet on September 07, 2011, 02:10:24 AM
Have I got this right.

These guys are very upset that someone linked them to a demand for an apology, and they are so upset that they now demanded an apology?

That's about it in a nutshell Muppet. Concisely put. Well done old boy.

OverThePostsAWide

What sort of secretarial assistance does the CCCC need that 5 acting members require 3 paid members of staff to assist?

- One to get the tea right - "Seamus, you're 2 sugars and no milk? ..."
- One to give out the pens and make sure they're all collected at the end.
- One to takes notes while making sure that no-one who actually makes decisions is named.

I've never seen the man, but I have this vision of Seamus Woods sitting there at the Big Table in his ushanka fur hat looking like Brezhnev.