Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

A bit of a surprise that Haaland didn't end up at Man Utd, a club his father has such fond memories of.

Jeepers Creepers

Disagreement over buyout clause and knock on sales percentage apparently.

stiffler

Shocking display tonight again , just when you think they have turned a corner , they put in a shambolic performance like that.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

mrdeeds

They have a tactically inept manager while Arsenal don't.

Boycey

Jaysis trolled by Gooners we're fcuked ;D

Cunny Funt

No real surprise, Arsenal just another mediocre team that won against United this season without needing to play well. The very basis of this sport is make yourself hard to score against and the defending on both goals was hopeless and DeGea almost gifted a 3rd 1st half.

Once behind a comeback was never on as this United team has no leaders. Starting Lingard and Matic made little sense. Fred about the only player that tried to make things happen.

Onthe40

Absolute sh1t.. did Leno have one save to make? Think it's time to let Ole go.. even Rio saying the team had more structure a year ago..

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Onthe40 on January 01, 2020, 10:17:48 PM
Absolute sh1t.. did Leno have one save to make? Think it's time to let Ole go.. even Rio saying the team had more structure a year ago..

Come on, he needs another 3 or 4 windows to get the job done properly.

From the Bunker

Onthe40

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 01, 2020, 10:20:21 PM

Tactically I don't think he has it

BennyCake

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 01, 2020, 10:11:47 PM
No real surprise, Arsenal just another mediocre team that won against United this season without needing to play well. The very basis of this sport is make yourself hard to score against and the defending on both goals was hopeless and DeGea almost gifted a 3rd 1st half.

Once behind a comeback was never on as this United team has no leaders. Starting Lingard and Matic made little sense. Fred about the only player that tried to make things happen.

What does De Gea have to do to be dropped??? An absolute liability.

Look-Up!

New year off to a bad start with the loss and injuries in CM but despite all their problems so far Utd have been a bit lucky that Spurs and Arsenal have fallen off a cliff and Chelsea are also stuttering so they're still in touch of CL so all not lost yet.
I still think Solskjaer is the completely wrong man for them but he looks like he will now be there till end of season and has his 3rd transfer window to operate in and try keep his job longer term. Pogba and McTominay latest is bad news for him and will mess with his plans but it will be interesting to see who he can bring in. Haland would have been a good acquisition I think but that ship has sailed. For me he needs a striker who can hold up the ball as a priority. But lots of other areas need tweaking and latest injury news poses a big problem. Think the chase for 4th will pick up pace too in the new year and I wouldn't be betting on him at all.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Onthe40 on January 01, 2020, 11:46:14 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 01, 2020, 10:20:21 PM

Tactically I don't think he has it

Sorry, I was being facetious!
It beggars belief how he's in charge of United. One of the greatest clubs in world football has a guy in charge who wouldn't get a job with any
other club in the premier league. Long may it continue. Ole's at the wheel man! Happy new year lads  :D

From the Bunker

Bad result for utd today. Adds an extra FA Cup fixture for the next 4 weeks to their two League Semi finals against Man City. Add fixtures against Liverpool, Norwich, Burnley and Wolves in the League. If they beat Wolves there will be a FA Cup fixture on the 25th of January.

From the Bunker