Laid Off?

Started by Mayo4Sam, October 16, 2008, 07:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: cicfada on November 07, 2008, 07:01:49 PM
I believe you can't be let go and replaced by someone on less wages. the job still exists so I should have not be let go! I still need to confirm this though!

Think you might be right - think there is something like a 6 month wait before someone can be brought in to do the same job.

lynchbhoy

I believe you can't be let go and replaced by someone on less wages. the job still exists so I should have not be let go! I still need to confirm this though!
absolutely illegal
cant think of who you should contact - unions possibly
get onto the citizens advice bureau, solicitor etc to see who you should talk to

they cannot replace you , the job has to be made redundant not the person

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: nifan on November 07, 2008, 07:52:41 PM

Think you might be right - think there is something like a 6 month wait before someone can be brought in to do the same job.

Clearcut constructive dismissal if those are the circumstances. As Lynchbhoy says, CAB are probably your best first port of call.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mayo4Sam

Just thought i'd do some shameless plugging

Since being laid off i've tried to get some work for myself, work in the energy sector, one of the first questions i'm always asked is "Oh you do those energy ratings"

so as and from next week, yes i'll be able to do those energy ratings, for those who dont know from Jan 1st anyone leasing or selling a house will need a Building Energy Rating, so if any of the board members need one of these done u can give me a shout, i'll do a board member discount!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Croí na hÉireann

Good to hear u got sorted, how much does a BER survey cost???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Mayo4Sam

Going rate is €350-400, i'd be alot cheaper than that!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Son_of_Sam

Work getting alot harder to come by here in Oz, every week I get a text, e-mail, phonecall or bebo/facebook that another lad from the football team, someone I used work with, one of the lads from home or a mate from college is over for the holiday working visa or some other work visa. The work is drying up over here. I read something like a a 36% rise in Irish over here in the last few months alone. Thinking of staying out of the country for a few years myself. Have to say it but fck those cronies that have been runing this country to ruin for the last 15 years, they washed a free boom down the jacks, bet they hid enough money for themselves over the last few years. Always disliked them but never though that I would end up an exile from Ireland thanks to FF^@kr5. WOuld throw a shoe at them

mannix

Son of sam,

is aussie really slipping or are you in a bad spot over there?
I hear from friends at home that a lot more are planning to go there next year.

Bod Mor

Quote from: mannix on December 16, 2008, 09:28:57 AM
Son of sam,

is aussie really slipping or are you in a bad spot over there?
I hear from friends at home that a lot more are planning to go there next year.

It's drying up here in Sydney anyway, especially in the last few months. I'm in IT contracting over here and my contract expires at end of January and won't be renewed. Where I am there are a few permanents being let go as well. Construction industry is bolloxed here as well. I know a civil engineer from Galway who can't get work and another fella in IT as well. Half thinking of pissing off home but won't be able to get a job there either I'd say.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.