What has Gerry Adams Done for West Belfast?

Started by Guillem2, March 20, 2008, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Ref: Social Workers and Community Workers - I think that the issues of these leaches was best summed up  in The Times in an interview with some Anarchist group a few years back ... "We shall nor rest until the last Community Worker has been strangled by the guts of the last Social Worker and then thrown on a bonfire with the carcases of the last sociologists" .. to many roll-up smoking, pony-tailed f**kers making a living off the back of the misery in areas such as the Falls. And then at Friday at 4.00pm its cherio and off to their nice houses far away from the riff raff!!!

Bacon

The article isn't just about anti social behaviour or the sad death of Mr McGreevy.

The truth is that the MP neglected his constituency when he had the ear of the British PM and US President. He could have insisted on investment in jobs for West Belfast as part of the peace process. He didn't. That is the main point that Squinter is making. West Belfast is a wasteland and the shinners have to take part (not all) of the responsibility for that.

I listened to Paul Maskey MLA on the Nolan show (it's still available on the BBC web site http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/ulster.shtml). The fact that he was put forward as the Sinn Fein spokesman shows the contempt the Shinners have for the people of West Belfast and the Falls in particular. The man is a fool. His response to the Squinter article was not to challenge what was said but to ask why Squinter wasn't out on the streets tackling the thugs?

In West Belfast Sinn Fein are more concerned about maintaining "community workers" funded by the government that real job creation. In West Belfast all the clever school levelers aspire to getting well paid grant funded community development jobs. Sinn Fein's 1950s economic policies are anti private sector and none of the brightest and best in West Belfast aspire to starting their own businesses. They want to get a well paid job in some community group funded by the government.

I really think that is where SF have gone badly wrong. Their policies are letting down West Belfast and preventing real progress on the employment front. The anti social problems all flow from that IMO.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Minder

You have hit the nail in the head Bacon,there is a thriving community worker/social worker/ counsellor industry in West Belfast and Sinn Fein are intent on keeping and perpetuating this industry. Why go and do a menial job and earn 15k when you can earn 30k with no qualifications . . . . . Even Spike Murray is being described as a "community worker" now
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rhinestone cowboy

Ahhhhhhhh, Community groups, what would we do without them............

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hey, can I blame the cold weather on Gerry & SF as well?  ::)
Tbc....

orangeman

since the ceasefires these local scum bags have no fear of the paramilitaries anymore

But I thought there weren't any paramilitaries any more ???? Am I missing something ?

orangeman

orangeman

No it is not possible as they don't exist !  ;) You're being pedantic now !  ;)

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dec

Quote from: Guillem2 on March 20, 2008, 12:45:24 PM
http://www.squinter.net/2008/03/20-years-on-gerry-must-face-truth.html
I see that Squinter has been intimidated into removing the article from his website.

Not Found

The requested URL /2008/03/20-years-on-gerry-must-face-truth.html was not found on this server.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: dec on April 02, 2008, 04:17:26 PM
Quote from: Guillem2 on March 20, 2008, 12:45:24 PM
http://www.squinter.net/2008/03/20-years-on-gerry-must-face-truth.html
I see that Squinter has been intimidated into removing the article from his website.

Not Found

The requested URL /2008/03/20-years-on-gerry-must-face-truth.html was not found on this server.

Couldn't just be that there's a technical problem, 
Sinn Fein's IT department must be working overtime!

Tbc....

ExiledGael

Susan McKay had an opinion piece in this in the IN yesterday after the front page Andytown news apology to Adams. Interesting stuff. Can anyone post it?