Started by The Claw, January 11, 2008, 09:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Páidí swears by vinegar baths.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Jinxy on January 11, 2008, 03:48:39 PM
Páidí swears by vinegar baths.

I just read about that one. A cup of apple cider vinegar in a hot bath is supposed to flush the lactic acid out of muscles and helps with aches and pains and restores potassium to the muscles.

Sounds like an old wives tale though, doesnt it ?!

Anyone ever tried it?

Jinxy

Its complete nonsense. Plus you will smell like a bag of chips for days.

carnaross

You need to be very careful with a dead leg. Daft as it sounds, I remember a Tottenham player suffering the same (last year, I think) and he damned near lost the leg!

On a side note - the only dead leg I've got is the middle one!!!
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

optimus euhregab

a gud lock of vaseline usually does the trick with a dead leg

Jinxy

Are we still talking about the middle one?

new devil

Quote from: carnaross on January 13, 2008, 10:17:06 AM
You need to be very careful with a dead leg. Daft as it sounds, I remember a Tottenham player suffering the same (last year, I think) and he damned near lost the leg!

On a side note - the only dead leg I've got is the middle one!!!

Same nearly happen myself....got a real bad one and played on for 6-7months...a sist has grown on the bone(femur) and ended up breaking...doc said it would of eventually turned cancerous if i hadnt of broken it,all from a dead leg :-\

The Iceman

close your eyes - have a small man with slanty eyes clap his hands and rub them together quickly, after several concentrated monents, have him please said hands on the affected limb

no you are ready for the crane technique
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

galwayman

Lads, got a dead leg at training myself last night (Tuesday). Have a big game on Sunday. What's the chances of the leg being right by then?
The plan is to keep icing the leg today and maybe get physio after work tomorrow (as it will be almost 48 hours since injury).
I'll get more physio on Friday/Saturday if needed.
Could it be okay in time for Sunday do ye think?

AbbeySider

Quote from: galwayman on January 23, 2008, 08:37:01 AM
Lads, got a dead leg at training myself last night (Tuesday). Have a big game on Sunday. What's the chances of the leg being right by then?
The plan is to keep icing the leg today and maybe get physio after work tomorrow (as it will be almost 48 hours since injury).
I'll get more physio on Friday/Saturday if needed.
Could it be okay in time for Sunday do ye think?

You need to be stretching it aswell. I found a leg support great too.

screenexile

A couple of years ago I took a knock to the calf muscle which was pretty sore. Anyway I warmed it up before a match and played no hassle. Next day I was in bits hobbling around on tip toe becasue I couldn't straighten my leg. After a week of being ridiculed on the site (I thought it would eventually wear off) I went to the doctor who informed me I had torn the muscle and hadn't allowed it to knit back together yet as I was still walking around on it! I was out for the guts of 2 months with it.. Just mind yourself when playing with a dead leg!

The Claw

Galwayman, from the dead leg that i started this thread on, i did a full session on the saturday, after getting the dead leg on the wed.It wasnt fine but it was ok once i kept moving, once i was warm. I was fully expecting to be playing on the sunday, but as it happened i got a shoulder injury in that session. The problem for you will be half time, when the muscle cools down, you need to keep it warm. It will stiffen up big time after the game so make sure you allow it to recover fully next week.