Can we rank the Counties by their respectve Official Websites

Started by Maroon Heaven, December 06, 2006, 10:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Heaven

Lets rank them in divisions. Anything with old news on it cannot be division 1.

A county with a good website and e-communication structure surely shows progressing with the times and a modern approach to the way they go about their business. I know with my own club we send out emails on a weekly basic in relation to training, while we have an intra-net for talking to one another.

I bring this up as I raised it with my own County Board and PRO, who does a good job in relation to print media, about 4 years ago and even offered to contribute financially, yet nothing has been done about it.

The Westmeath site is http://westmeath.gaa.ie/frame.htm and I would give it 1.

never kickt a ball

Tyrone one was launched recently. It is modern with all the latest flash etc. There hasn;t been much to write about recently. Has a cracking map of where all the clubs are situated. Puts an end to the excuse that we couldn't find the pitch.
www.tyronegaa.ie

Here's a link to the map of clubs;

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/clubLocator.jsp

Kerry Mike

Kerry's GAA Website was excellent but it is down since the All Ireland.....overloaded with the weight of 35 All Irelands no doubt  ;)

Hopefully it will be back soon.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Shamrock Shore

QuoteI would give it 1

How in God's name does it even merit 1?  :o

Shamrock Shore

Maroon

Those domains were coralled by the Leinster council about 6 years ago. Nothing to do with anyone in Westmeath. The Longford website got the next generation address from the Leinster council:

http://www.longfordgaa.ie/

So - I'd scale back your score there a tad.

Maroon Heaven

Aye True, after looking around Westmeath have to be ranked 32 out of 32.

flairgun

Bloody hell, that's shocking for Westmeath.
Is there at least a decent unofficial site?
Offaly's is middle of the road, uses the generic GAA system that I was asking about in the other topic.

milltown row

The Antrim Website has to be up there with the best, leagues tables are updated straight away as clubs are obligated to text in results to a hot line were the scores and results are tallied up on the tables. Fixtures are in every Tuesday and (and changed on the Wednesday :-\) updates on county teams and panels, national news, updated photo gallery. A forum were the admin team answer your questions with some sarcasm, if they dislike your tone. But they clear up a lot of queries and dispel some of the rumours that go about.    http://antrim.gaa.ie/ 

Ryano

Roscommons official site is just superb...*cough* www.gaaroscommon.ie  ::) It looks like a FAS web design training course seriously gone wrong.....

Thank God the fans set up their own ones which actually are superb if i do say so. www.stolensheep.proboards59.com and www.sheepstealers.com

lurganblue

the less said about the official armagh website the better. brutal  :(

lynchbhoy

so looking at this so far
it seems the crapper you are , the better your website?

:o
;)

Croí na hÉireann

So what would people like to see then on their official websites? I'll start the ball rolling...

On the club side, I'd like to be able to check the results on my mobile phone and see the updated table the night the games are played.

On the county side, general reports on how training and challenge matches are going. I know most teams want to keep a lid on these things but anything better than "your man is flying in training" down the local isn't too much to ask.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

irunthev

London's website was shut down due to abuse. I suppose if the people being abused did their jobs right they wouldn't get abused. But it was easier just to shut the site down. The site can still be accessed , just hasn't been up-dated in months. The good old discussion forum proved to be the end of the London website.