Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Just announced next up GGG vs Canelo. Sort of makes it almost worth watching that exhibition.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Quote from: heganboy on May 07, 2017, 05:36:45 AM
Just announced next up GGG vs Canelo. Sort of makes it almost worth watching that exhibition.

Have never seen that before - big video montage for GGG, formal ring walk etc.

Chavez, as usual, was pretty disgraceful tonight.

JimStynes

So glad I didn't stay up for that farce

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on May 07, 2017, 05:38:02 AM

Just seen it there - thought I was watching WWE for a minute with that nonsense with GGG walking out.

gallsman

Quote from: square_ball on May 07, 2017, 11:14:49 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 07, 2017, 05:38:02 AM

Just seen it there - thought I was watching WWE for a minute with that nonsense with GGG walking out.

He had been ringside, then they brought him to the back to have him do a walk out. Daft.

lurganblue

Unbelievably it looks like the Mayweather v McGregor fight is going to happen.  McGregor announced today that he has signed all his necessary paperwork.

Syferus

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2017, 03:40:22 PM
Unbelievably it looks like the Mayweather v McGregor fight is going to happen.  McGregor announced today that he has signed all his necessary paperwork.

..with the UFC.

The UFC-McGregor and Mayweather camps have yet to engage in serious negotiations. That's where all the delays happen in boxing.

You'd hope at 40 Mayweather might see the sense in expediting this one.

DuffleKing

Believe it when I see it. Even McGregor's social media promotions showing him boxing to "prepare" for PBF are embarrassing for any serious boxer.

nrico2006

Sham of an event that I will definitely watch.  But as I said before, PBF/MM has the odds stacked in his favour and it would only be fair if there was a fight under each discipline.

On another note, going to try IPTV for Brook Spence Jr fight, or might try it for the Davis Walsh fight this weekend.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 18, 2017, 04:03:30 PM
Sham of an event that I will definitely watch.  But as I said before, PBF/MM has the odds stacked in his favour and it would only be fair if there was a fight under each discipline.

On another note, going to try IPTV for Brook Spence Jr fight, or might try it for the Davis Walsh fight this weekend.

Why do you think there's to be anything fair about it? This isn't about sport and finding out who the best is or anything. McGregor has called him out and says he wants to box him. Fine, if it happens, it happens. Floyd has never once come out and said that he could or should beat McGregor in an MMA fight. So frankly, you're talking out of your arse.

nrico2006

I knew a knob like you would bite. I didn't quote either fighter. I gave my opinion that it's unfair on McGregor, which it is.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 18, 2017, 08:04:36 PM
I knew a knob like you would bite. I didn't quote either fighter. I gave my opinion that it's unfair on McGregor, which it is.

Congratulations, you caught me hook, line and sinker with your subtle and witty bait.

What's unfair about it? If it ever happens, McGregor is the one who's asked for it and will get more than handsomely rewarded for it. Again, you appear to be under the delusion that this is a sporting contest where two athletes are meeting on a level playing field to determine who is better.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on May 18, 2017, 08:32:00 PM

Congratulations, you caught me hook, line and sinker with your subtle and witty bait.

What's unfair about it? If it ever happens, McGregor is the one who's asked for it and will get more than handsomely rewarded for it. Again, you appear to be under the delusion that this is a sporting contest where two athletes are meeting on a level playing field to determine who is better.

Andy Lee summed it up pretty well..."It's like asking a triathlete to swim against Michael Phelps"
That was never a square ball!!

JimStynes

I still don't think it will happen and if it does I will be surprised if McGregor will even land a clean blow the whole fight. Farce of a fight.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 19, 2017, 07:27:39 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 18, 2017, 08:32:00 PM

Andy Lee summed it up pretty well..."It's like asking a triathlete to swim against Michael Phelps"

Slightly different - the triathlete is asking to race against Phelps.