American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2018, 11:15:00 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 04, 2018, 08:08:10 AM
LeBron went off last night with some great support from Love. The fadeaways he was making were crazy. If he can do that and love can actually contribute like he did last night they could still make the finals.

Toronto need some big performances or their goose is cooked. They started well last night but when they seemed to have the Cavs on the rack they couldn't make their 9pt lead into 11/13/15 which they needed to do.

I watched the first half - the Cavs got 5 points from really bad calls at the end of the 2nd quarter. I'm always amazed at how the commentators in the states never slate the refs. We never stop slating them so there must be a happy medium

straightred

Quote from: Minder on May 04, 2018, 11:38:36 AM
The Cavs supporting cast just isn't consistent enough to win it all, I can see them in the Finals but not winning it

What has happened to the 76ers. With all the Boston injuries I really fancied them to get to the east final and then win it. Maybe they still will but it doesn't look good

Minder

Quote from: straightred on May 04, 2018, 02:00:52 PM
The Cavs supporting cast just isn't consistent enough to win it all, I can see them in the Finals but not winning it

What has happened to the 76ers. With all the Boston injuries I really fancied them to get to the east final and then win it. Maybe they still will but it doesn't look good

That's them done I would say
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Id imagine the confetti guy will be looking a new gig in the morning.  Felt like delay killed any momentum 76ers may have had going into overtime.  In fairness in real time i thought it was a three aswell!

gawa316

Quote from: straightred on May 04, 2018, 02:00:52 PM

Me too, had them to win the east. Celtics have fairly picked it up though  missing 3 if their stars. Should be a decent series with the Cavs but I won't be betting against lebron pulling them through.

The Iceman

Celtics had a chance to close out the series 4-0 last night but luck was not on their side. I counted 4 missed 3 pointers in the last 5 mins of the game that would have put them in front...they were off
Cavs were not in any danger against Toronto last night with LBJ and Love dominating again.

I don't know how you boys back home can sit up to watch these games at night - I'm on the East Coast and egg bagged by about 11
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Website called gameframe has good 30/60 minute highlights packages.

Even if Philly somehow win out from here I now believe there's no way LeBron is losing to them. GSW will handle Houston really enough and will get GSW-LeBron IV.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on May 08, 2018, 02:27:59 PM
Website called gameframe has good 30/60 minute highlights packages.

Even if Philly somehow win out from here I now believe there's no way LeBron is losing to them. GSW will handle Houston really enough and will get GSW-LeBron IV.

Yeah can't see past GSW, I think they could do Cavs in 5.

gawa316

Apprehensive about warriors rockets. Warriors on their day win out handily enough but they just aren't that consistent this year, whilst the rockets are. Can't stand hardens style of play, well the looking for fouls part. Chris Paul really has taken a lot of pressure of him, cause before these play offs he wilted.

straightred

Quote from: The Iceman on May 08, 2018, 12:55:22 PM
Celtics had a chance to close out the series 4-0 last night but luck was not on their side. I counted 4 missed 3 pointers in the last 5 mins of the game that would have put them in front...they were off
Cavs were not in any danger against Toronto last night with LBJ and Love dominating again.

I don't know how you boys back home can sit up to watch these games at night - I'm on the East Coast and egg bagged by about 11
I can't - i usually watch the 1st half and leave it at that. However 1st half means very little - its that the last 5 mins of the 4th quarter that matter !

Celtics just weren't on it last night. They were in foul trouble early on and missing easy shots. They'll close it out the next night though. Don't think they can beat the Cavs though

Asal Mor

Quote from: gawa316 on May 08, 2018, 04:15:25 PM
Apprehensive about warriors rockets. Warriors on their day win out handily enough but they just aren't that consistent this year, whilst the rockets are. Can't stand hardens style of play, well the looking for fouls part. Chris Paul really has taken a lot of pressure of him, cause before these play offs he wilted.
Think the Rockets will trouble the Warriors and take it to 6 or 7 games, maybe even beat them. Can't see anyone from the East winning out. LeBron is superhuman but would still need more help than he'll get. Bookies have it as a Warriors v Rockets 2 horse race as well.

gallsman

Durant + Curry + Klay + Draymond >>>>> Harden + CP3.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on May 08, 2018, 05:57:45 PM

Yeah too many weapons & if they all are on their game forget about it. You would think Durant was made in a lab, 7ft and can run the floor, shoot 3s and he is too long to be blocked shooting a jumper

gawa316

Agreed but then Capela, Tucker, Ariza and Gordon are better than Swaggy, Magee, Livingston, Cook and Looney

Asal Mor

Quote from: gawa316 on May 08, 2018, 06:25:06 PM

Agreed but then Capela, Tucker, Ariza and Gordon are better than Swaggy, Magee, Livingston, Cook and Looney
Capela had 6 blocks last night and should be a menace at both ends under the basket. When Harden drives to the basket, the alley-oop to Capela is another option that's been working really well and is very difficult to defend. They have the 3 point shooters to potentially stay with the Warriors in a high scoring game. Home court advantage too.

I'd still make the Warriors slight favourites but think it will be close.