The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

While Poch has an infinitely harder job than Rodgers I think there are indeed some questions to be answered.

1.European form was atrocious
2.Why can we not perform at Wembley
3.Why can we not win really big games,like the cup semi final.

However I do acknowledge it is a young side.Nevertheless silverware must be delivered sooner rather than later,and I would worry about the finances being diverted into the new stadium as opposed to team building.

T Fearon

As we bid a tearful farewell to the Lane today,what are your standout memories.Amid winning the UEFA Cup twice there, and nine goal wins against Bristol and Wigan,my fondest memory is beating Leeds (European Cup Finalists that same season) 4-2 in the very last game of the 74-75 season to avoid relegation.

mrdeeds

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2017, 11:18:14 AM
As we bid a tearful farewell to the Lane today,what are your standout memories.Amid winning the UEFA Cup twice there, and nine goal wins against Bristol and Wigan,my fondest memory is beating Leeds (European Cup Finalists that same season) 4-2 in the very last game of the 74-75 season to avoid relegation.

Arsenal winning the league twice there.

laoislad

I'll remember Brendan Rodgers taking his Liverpool team there and winning 5-0
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Utd coming back from 3 down at ht to win 5-3. Forget the year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dougal Maguire

The only tear I'll be shedding is for the fact that you won't be in the ground when it's being knocked down
Careful now

Boycey

I frequented WHL quite a lot in late 80s early 90s and have a soft spot for it. It's a proper old fashioned football ground the type of which are sadly now almost extinct (Goodison is another that's about to disappear)..

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on May 14, 2017, 11:29:28 AM
I'll remember Brendan Rodgers taking his Liverpool team there and winning 5-0

Without doubt my happiest memory of WHL.

T Fearon

Routine win against Salford's American franchise today and a very moving closing ceremony.Lets hope the rainbow at the end is a portent of a golden future.

snoopdog

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2017, 08:48:21 PM
Routine win against Salford's American franchise today and a very moving closing ceremony.Lets hope the rainbow at the end is a portent of a golden future.
[/quote
Routine . It was a nothing game for both clubs. Spurs farewell to whl was funny considering stadium will still be whl.  Another trophyless successful season for spurs. Lol. Grasping at rainbows.

T Fearon

It was important to Spurs to seal second place and to preserve the unbeaten home league record this season at the Lane.

ONeill

Gonna be a quare job dismantling the trophy cabinet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

new White Hart Lane stadium, capacity 61,559
Emirates stadium  capacity  60,4032
Spurs are now cementing their already confirmed decade long North London superiority,  in the domain of bums on seats.

Main Street

I read that players from Spurs past took home treasured mementos from the stadium before it will be demolished in a few days time.

That would account for the sight of Darren Anderton, seen carrying the physio bench out towards the car park.

edited  ;D

square_ball

Quote from: Main Street on May 15, 2017, 10:06:19 AM
I read that players from Spurs past took home treasured mementos from the stadium before it will be demolished in a few days time.

That would account for the sight of Darren Ferguson, seen carrying the physio bench out towards the car park.

So close to be being a good joke!