The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

We are like AC Milan. Cant get a domestic league win to save our lives,but dynamite in Europe ;D

Owenmoresider

Quote from: T Fearon on November 08, 2007, 04:38:14 PM
We are like AC Milan. Cant get a domestic league win to save our lives,but dynamite in Europe ;D
Well it's Wigan next, so that would want to change quickly.

HT - 2-0 and looking comfortable.

Owenmoresider

Finished up 2-0 - back on track in the group anyway, AaB and Anderlecht left to play now.

Owenmoresider

More like it from Spurs today - a comfortable win, job done early on, and the goals being shared around. Hard to believe it's only the second win, but the climb up the table is welcome, 14th now, with 12th spot in sight, a good run needed to move further up though.

T Fearon

Interesting meeting at the Lane yesterday, which was addressed by the Board and our new manager who answered questions in Spanish, through an interpreter and declared that he was happy with his current squad, wants and believes he can bring our club into the elite of Europe, but stressed the immediate priority was to ensure qualification for the knock out stages of this season's UEFA Cup and to climb up the League table. It was also stated that Juande would meet the fans in a special fans forum early in the New Year.

Main points.

1.Operating profits up from £5m to £32m, meaning a dividend for shareholders (£5000 will come in handy for Xmas! ;D)

2. Daniel Levy thanked Martin Jol, Chris Hughton and Hans Segers for all their efforts, and for their success, but it was felt a change was needed to ensure the club moved forward to the net level.

3. Daniel Levy denied categorically that ENIC had any intentions of selling the club either now or in the future.

4.Daniel Levy denied saying that he told Jol Spurs had to finish fourth to save his job. He stated that this was a target as opposed to a demand.

4. Community projects continue unabated with at least one first team player a week actively involved. Full Learning Zone now developed and operating at the Lane for Local Community

5.Nothing further could be divulged in terms of future stadium plans, ie to redevlop the Lane or to build a new stadium, but they have appointed the project manager who oversaw the Development of the Haemorrhoids Stadium, so things are moving.

6.Plans drawn up for a £30m State of the Art Training Facility at Enfield, housing First Team and Youth Academy, which amongst other things will include a full facsimile of the White Hart Lane Pitch. It was stressed however that opposition will have to be contended with.

Questions from the floor included.

Criticism of Damien Camolli's role, though it was stressed that Martin Jol and the current coach have final say as regards player recruitment. One delegate stated that no club has ever won a major trophy in England with a Director of Football.

Board refused to disclose details of Martin Jol's payoff package and Ramos's salary after a shareholder posed the question.

Many shareholders and fans up in arms about tickets for away European Matches being provided as part of expensive travel packages for Executive use, when the loyal supporters are denied.

full back

Can we merge this sh1te in the spuds thread?

SeanSouth

Can we not just get Admin to delete the thread?

nifan

Quote£5000 will come in handy for Xmas!

Dyou keep nothing private ffs. ::)

Owenmoresider

Well Saturday's result apart, the team is showing good form again, and are giving Fulham a going-over, 4-1 now, Huddlestone and Keane getting two each.

ONeill

Great win for the Yids, moving up from 13th to 13th.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2007, 01:53:16 PM
Great win for the Yids, moving up from 13th to 13th.
Well they didn't drop a place yesterday either, unlike others. ;)

ONeill

Tottenham taunts go on as Sol row refuses to go away

Sol Campbell's long-running feud with Tottenham fans shows no signs of abating even though it is the season of goodwill to all men.

Portsmouth's central defender has complained about the verbal barracking he received throughout Spurs' 1-0 win against his current club at Fratton Park earlier this month.

He has been supported by Pompey boss Harry Redknapp and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger who consider the foul language, homophobic taunts and four-letter abuse to have crossed the line.

And radio phone-ins have been dominated by calls to punish fans who consider idols who leave their club to join arch enemies as traitors who have committed the abhorrent act of footballing treason.

Tottenham scum taunted Campbell in chants during their 5-1 Boxing Day victory over Fulham and the ill-feeling is surely going to intensify as Portsmouth's visit to White Hart Lane on Saturday, March 22 draws nearer.

They still resent the fact the Spurs board spurned advances from Manchester United which could have taken Campbell to Old Trafford for £18million as his contract started to wind down.

And they are bitter he did not take up lucrative offers to play in Italy or Spain or sign a £100,000 a-week fresh offer at White Hart Lane rather than head down the High Road to Highbury in the summer of 2001.

That prompted furious fans to hang an effigy of the England international from a lamppost outside the Park Lane end of their ground and instigate arguably one of the most intense hatreds in modern football.

When Campbell first returned to Tottenham as an Arsenal player the Gunners team coach was attacked by supporters throwing bottles and bricks as police struggled to maintain order and he has been Public Enemy No.1 in N17 ever since.

So what did Campbell say to spark the soccer soap opera which has taken more turns than a Christmas Day edition of EastEnders?

My heart and soul is here and I want to play for Spurs. I am going nowhere - for now - August 4, 2000.

I can assure everyone that I won't be signing for another club while I am still a Spurs player. I want to win the Premiership and I want success in Europe but, most of all, I want to believe I can achieve that here - December 3, 2000.

Being a Spurs fan as a boy and a player for so many years, it would be hard for me to sign for Arsenal. I don't think the fans here would ever forgive me - December 17, 2000.

I want to play for Tottenham, that's it really. I am going nowhere - January 1, 2001.

I'm happy here and willing to do business now. I'm not selfish, I'm looking at the current situation and want the club to do well - January 5, 2001.

It's the ambition of Spurs and where we are going that concerns me. I have the right to keep my options open. Nobody can blame me for wanting success and above all wanting it at Tottenham. But talk is cheap - March 11, 2001.

As long as the club is healthy and things are in place, then myself and other players will want to join Tottenham or continue with them. I want to stay at Tottenham - March 26, 2001.

There is still a lot of sorting out to be done but I am sure it will be resolved - April 1, 2001.

I will leave it as late as possible - but I am happy at the moment and that is the main thing - April 13, 2001.

Going abroad is not in my mind. the ball is in Spurs' court now. I am in no hurry because I want to look at the whole picture. We will just have to wait and see what happens in the next two or three weeks - May 21, 2001.

Campbell then lit the blue touchpaper when he signed for Arsenal on a Bosman free on July 3, 2001.

T Fearon

Campbell's abuse from Spurs fans pales into insignificance with that meted out to Ashley Cole by goons, all because Ashely decided to join a bigger club that could afford to pay him more. ;D

As far as Sol goes its time to let bygones be bygones. After all, he fcuked the Goons up big time in the league in the 2005/06 season (remember he gifted West Ham three points) and did his level best to help Spurs into a top four finish that season ;D

I am glad he is languishing at Portsmouth losing at home to top teams like Spurs and only managing a draw against shite like Arsenal ;D

ONeill

Sol at Arsenal - 2 League titles, 2 FA Cups, one double, Invincible.
Sol at Spurs - Milk Cup.