The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

The champions league began in 1993 it has produced fourteen different winners. The wins per country has been France 1,Italy 5,Netherlands 1,Germany 3,Spain 9,England 4 and Portugal 1.

In comparison with our own elite or be amateur competitions since 1993 eleven different teams has won the senior football All Ireland and only six Kilkenny,Cork,Offaly,Wexford,Clare,Tipperary has won the small ball hurling.

Hectic

And what would the stats be for the last 5 to 10 yrs when money has become more and more influential in both soccer and Gaelic games?

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 21, 2016, 08:24:58 PM
The champions league began in 1993 it has produced fourteen different winners. The wins per country has been France 1,Italy 5,Netherlands 1,Germany 3,Spain 9,England 4 and Portugal 1.

In comparison with our own elite or be amateur competitions since 1993 eleven different teams has won the senior football All Ireland and only six Kilkenny,Cork,Offaly,Wexford,Clare,Tipperary has won the small ball hurling.
How many teams started?
You can't compare the bare stats. Soccer has a few Kerrys eg Bayern Milan Inter Real Barca Man U

Take out their wins and see what is left.

Who would be the saccar equivalent of Tyrone?   Red Star Belgrade maybe. They only won once
Down would be Ajax
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Only for Hugo Lloris Tottenham would have got hammered tonight. Hard to believe that average Tottenham side has gone 12 games unbeaten in the premier league.

T Fearon

Hugely disappointing campaign.Lessons to be learn't.Far too loose

Hectic

Spurs have been poor enough all season and have managed to get away with it in the league where they are not playing teams that know how to work the ball as well as European teams.  From what I have saw they have not got the fluidity of last season either in their play or in their line ups and by all accounts Eriksen, the player they would be looking to to make the difference, has been poor all season.  I watched them last night for an hour then switched over as it was drab and nothing like what we saw last season.  The positive for you guys though is that if you pull a result at Chelsea you will be sitting pretty with gears still to find and no European football to distract (assuming that even if they parachute into the Europa they will be playing reserves and kids given they were half doing that last night) - however I would be very surprised if you got anything at Chelsea with the defence you look to be going in with but I sincerely hope you chin them.

lurganblue

Spurs fell into the old Liverpool trap of sacrificing the champions league in the hope of qualifying for the champions league.

AZOffaly

Quote from: lurganblue on November 23, 2016, 01:21:16 PM
Spurs fell into the old Liverpool trap of sacrificing the champions league in the hope of qualifying for the champions league.

Very good :)

Maroon Manc

Moving away from WHL has cost Spurs, they've taken 4 points away from home which is normally enough for a club to qualify as long as their home form is ok.

Jansen & Sissoko are 2 poor buys, if they'd bought well they'd be serious title challengers.

T Fearon

Great win tonight,and a clean sheet to boot as well.Had we lost that against the Chavs our title chances were gone.As exciting a Spurs team as the one in the early 80s with Hoddle,Ardiles and Co.

T Fearon

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd b cheering a Mourinho and a Man Utd win,but the result today coupled with or current form means there is a realistic chance of ending 56 years of hurt by reclaiming the league title.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: T Fearon on April 16, 2017, 09:40:37 PM
Never thought I'd see the day when I'd b cheering a Mourinho and a Man Utd win,but the result today coupled with or current form means there is a realistic chance of ending 56 years of hurt by reclaiming the league title.

At least you stopped calling them 'manure'. Which is a start.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: T Fearon on April 16, 2017, 09:40:37 PM
I'd like to think so but not until the last seconds of injury time on the final day would I believe it were possible, we started to believe that this time last year and the form was excellent then too. Still the team has been playing superb of late, but any potential title chance is still reliant on at least two Chelsea slip-ups, and they have the easier run-in too:

Chelsea - Southampton (H), Everton (A), Middlesboro (H), WBA (A), Watford (H), Sunderland (H).
Tottenham - Palace (A), Arsenal (H), West Ham (A), Man Utd (H), Leicester (A), Hull (A).

I'd obviously like to be wrong but I can't see it happening.

seafoid

In 2012 with 6 matches left Man Utd were 8 points ahead of Man City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgoEWtB3fA0

It's all about the squads at this stage
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

I think Spurs are in with a great shout. I think they're in better form that this time last year and last years challenge will stand to them. I'm suspicious that Chelsea are tying up a little so while the 4 point gap and easier fixtures (on paper) look to have things loaded in Chelsea's favour I'm thinking Spurs are far from out of it.