THINGS THAT P##S ME OFF.

Started by Canalman, November 30, 2006, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Vaguely remember a thread like this on last board and I need to get it off my chest so here goes:-

1 The mispronunciation of placenames by "Traffic Reporters" on the radio.Not a difficult job to read some report over the airwaves and they still cant get it right.

2 Pronouncing Dun Laoghaire as "Dunleary"

3 The term "Getting on the Property Ladder"

4 Hearing the term "The country is awash with money"

5 Watching plastic bags blowing all over Croke Park on St Patrick's Day and seing the stewards do sod all about it.

6 The term "Paddy's Day"

7 The use of the term "Backswoodmen" by journos to describe anyone who voices a concern about the opening up of Croke Park.

8 Seing signposts on M50 in the summer being blocked out by the trees and remaining so for whole summer. Laziness .

9 Litter.

10 Ger Canning doing commentary.

Rant over. Hope others join in.

thegael

a few gael additions
-
people here referring to england as " the mainland"

poppies wore here in the 6 counties

referring to 6 counties as northern ireland

6 counties being referred to as "the province"

football being referred to as "gaelic"

people from the nationalist tradition sending their children to the likes of methody banbridge high etc..

stephenite

The term 'True Gael' certainly annoys the shit out of me, would be interested to see the attributes that one would need in order to qualify for that term ? Any ideas ?

There are loads more but would take me all day to list them

Square Ball

People queing for buses and complaining about them being late, then when getting on the bus starting to look for the fare.

Golf umbrellas on the streets.

Drunken teenagers

Whinging about how warm it is, then how cold it is the next day.

Teams playing ringers.

Christmas trees up in Nov

Julian Simmons

George Jones

This feels good, I will be back.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

charlie linkbox

I'm probably just being pedantic here but I really get annoyed at the misuse of abbreviations. Example: people saying "ATM machine". What does the M in ATM stand for?!!! Why the need to repeat the word "machine"? Other obvious  examples include "PIN Number" and "AIB Bank". I've seen these written by supposedly top journalists in respected broadsheet newspapers, heard them from news broadcasters on both national television and radio and even seen them written on Companies' literature. I'm sorry but I can't abide this ignorance.

Canalman

I forgot to add:-

Motorcyclists fannying around at tollbooths for change.

pintsofguinness

I could make a very long list but I then I thought I could narrow it down to one thing...

1. People
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

This is where thon lot accuse me of having a huge chip on my shoulder...

but when things appear stupid then OWC love to say "That's Irish"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stephenite

Fluffy Che

Wimmin Drivers, who fail to acknowledge your act of kindness by letting them in (or out) of a tough spot.

Shop assistants who grunt or stay stubbornly silent when you say 'Hello' or 'Morning'..

Teenagers who curse very LOUDLY in the city centre..O.K. yez are ded coooooolll.

White Van Men the world over, ignorant, arrogant , chav bastards...

enough for now,  l'm gettin' angry.
Midnight to Six..

stephenite

Taxi drivers really, really get on my f**king nerves, whether I am in the car with them and their incessant whining trying to put you off while they add another 50 cents to the charge or trying to avoid hitting them when they just pull out/stop without any warning >:(

laoislad

My biggest pet hate is definatly people in cars who don't indicate at roundabouts it drives me crazy i hate it.Also hate these fuckin boy racers who come up behind ya in their pimped out Nissan Micras,right up to your bumper until you move out of the way only then to leave the motorway at the very next exit GOD I HATE THAT

charlie linkbox

Yep Laoislad, I concur. Most people are only guessing what to do at a roundabout.

Now, to educate the ignorant:

Turn left: Indicate left and stay in left lane.
Straight ahead: Stay in left lane and don't indicate at all until past the 1st exit. Then indicate left.
Turn right: Go into right hand lane and indicate right. When past the 2nd exit indicate left and away you go.

gallsman

Posters such as Flameboy and thegael thinking they're hard as nails republicans when really no one gives a shit.

charlie linkbox

And indeed any "blame game" thread on Northern Ireland that goes over and over what's been done to who.

YAWN.........