Why isn't road bowls considered a Gaelic sport?

Started by Over the Bar, July 01, 2007, 12:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Long time dead on July 02, 2007, 01:05:36 PM

No but I'd like to get from A to B with my family on a Sunday without these Gobshites all over the place, what f**king right have they to tell me when to stop and when I should go - pricks!

Because if they didn't you'd have a bullet lodged in the grill or side panel of your car, and that would hardly please you very much.
Just accept the fact that they are there, because they aren't going to go away.

haveaharp

Quote from: haveaharp on July 02, 2007, 09:17:31 AM
Quote from: Long time dead on July 01, 2007, 08:02:38 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on July 01, 2007, 12:21:44 AM
So Football, Hurling, Camogie, Handball & Rounders are all official GAA sports.  How come road bowls isn't even tho its only played in a few counties?  Shouln't the Cumann Luthcleas Gael be promoting it?

Yeah - I think every county should have 5 or 6 dozen people on various roads at anyone time on a Sunday - looking at you as if you have f**king 10 heads for daring to drive your car on a public road; or better still standing in a f**king trance so you have to move to the other side of the road to get past them!

Edit: instead of Cumann Luthcleas Gael promoting it shouldn't the NIPS be lifting these people for jaywalking!

Are you a Unionist? Daring to block the queens highway.....chill out man.

No but I'd like to get from A to B with my family on a Sunday without these Gobshites all over the place, what f**king right have they to tell me when to stop and when I should go - pricks!

Jesus man, where are you going in such a rush on a Sunday that you cant stop for one minute to let a bullet thrower take his shot. You plough on and when the 28oz of shot goes through your windscreen dont come crying to me. ;D

Gnevin

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 01, 2007, 09:34:50 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 01, 2007, 01:51:28 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 01, 2007, 01:27:23 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 01, 2007, 01:17:26 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 01, 2007, 01:13:59 PM
Since when did rounders become a Gaelic sport???????
circa 1887

Aye I know when the Association was founded but I was under the impression that rounders was childs cricket!??

Obviuosly you don't!!!

Yes the Association was founded in 1884! I was just making a point in response to the smartarse answer that GNevin posted!
Well you know me nothing but a Cheeky dub
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Long time dead

Quote from: haveaharp on July 02, 2007, 02:40:34 PM
So Football, Hurling, Camogie, Handball & Rounders are all official GAA sports.  How come road bowls isn't even tho its only played in a few counties?  Shouln't the Cumann Luthcleas Gael be promoting it?

Yeah - I think every county should have 5 or 6 dozen people on various roads at anyone time on a Sunday - looking at you as if you have f**king 10 heads for daring to drive your car on a public road; or better still standing in a f**king trance so you have to move to the other side of the road to get past them!

Edit: instead of Cumann Luthcleas Gael promoting it shouldn't the NIPS be lifting these people for jaywalking!

Jesus man, where are you going in such a rush on a Sunday that you cant stop for one minute to let a bullet thrower take his shot. You plough on and when the 28oz of shot goes through your windscreen dont come crying to me. ;D

No problem as long as the rest of the followers take it in turn to visit you for manslaughter - w**ker!

haveaharp

Quote from: Long time dead on July 03, 2007, 01:41:08 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on July 02, 2007, 02:40:34 PM

No problem as long as the rest of the followers take it in turn to visit you for manslaughter - w**ker!

I notice you didn't answer the question, yet retort with personal abuse. Tut tut.

the Deel Rover

i think there should be a seperate forum for bowls ;) ;) ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Mike Sheehy

Its played in Kerry. Mainly by settled travellers.

Fishead_Sam

dublinfella

considering the handball lads are openly talking about splitting from the GAA as they feel they arent getting the funding or attention they deserve, why would the GAA take on another sport?