Ticket Scam

Started by Bud Wiser, June 18, 2007, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

How come this crowd are able to offer Premium Tickets for next Sundays match at €200 each and apart from the extortion how do they get them when genuine fans are on a waiting list?????  How to theyt get free pop up advertising on our forum?

http://www.needaticket.ie/product_info.php?products_id=206&gclid=CL-x34DA5owCFRWOEgod00oe7w

Pangurban

Good questions,which need to be answered at an official level

Elias

I remember hearing about this company, or one very similar to it that operated in England a while back. Very dubious operation indeed, conning a shed load of people outta Glastonbuty tickets that never materalised.

Stay clear I say

thebandit

I just e-mailed premium ticket people at Croke Park.

I'm gonna keep doing it until I get a response

rosnarun

i dont think its illegal to sell on a ticket for a match if it was i would have only ever got to one all-ireland final when the club got me a ticket . every other time it was from a friend of a friend of a friend. and almost for every match i buy several ticket together whos to say who im going to pass them on to let alone how much im gonna get for them.
only halking them on the street is illegal i think
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Bud Wiser

Its not the problem of Croke Park, they did nothing wrong.  It's the people who buy Premium Tickets and then sell them to this company.  There is a way out though.  On the back of my Premium Tickets there is a list of rules, the last one being "These Tickets are not transferrable".

This is how I interpret that rule.  I can give them to someone like I did on Sunday, my brother-in-law and his little grandson or Tony Fearon or whoever I like if I am not going myself. In doing so I have invited guests to take my seats and I have not even charged cost of tickets.  To transfer the tickets I would have to put the tickets up for sale - aka a tout.  Now if this company give the numbers and row of the tickets Croker should block them with their new scanning system - my bet is that this is what will happen if they find out numbers of tickets that are doing the rounds - but unless they can find out it is not their fault and they can not do a thing about it.  Some people  have no interest in Croke Park other than the All-Ireland Football Final, they swap their hurling tickets and sell the rest all year and actually make a profit.  Then they turn up for the AIF.

Louth Exile

Whatever way you want to dress it up it is touting and preying on the ignorant in our society!! I heard the tickets for yesterday were going for crazy money on e-bay during the week. The gas thing is that if people just make the right phonecalls or go to the right pubs on match day, they will get a ticket at face value!! I have went to three AIF finals where I didn't have a ticket the morning of the match and only paid face value for the ticket!! One of the lads did a disappearing act yesterday morning with tickets leaving a couple of the mates without their tickets, it took all of five minutes to sort them out.

I see they are charging over four times the price for the ticket being in the premium level.. thats gas, we had premium tickets yesterday and went down to the lower cussack to watch the first game for the craic. Can't see why anyone would be that up themself that they would pay four times the price just to be in the premium level.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

It's hard for Croke Park to clamp down on touting. If they just blacklisted everyone they can trace a touted ticket back to, a lot of innocent people would be in trouble, including myself. I sold a spare ticket (I had advertised it here, but no one needed one) yesterday to a lad at the bar in the Brian Boru – he expressed himself delighted and relieved to get it.

The trouble is, the lads I was with who were sitting beside that seat told me a different man showed up in the seat. Now maybe he was a mate of the other fella and he was the one yer man wanted the ticket for. Or maybe yer man sold my ticket to a tout for a nice profit.

Bud Wiser

Quotethats gas, we had premium tickets yesterday and went down to the lower cussack to watch the first game for the craic. Can't see why anyone would be that up themself that they would pay four times the price just to be in the premium level.

Another one of the problems at Croke Park, you struggle into your seat and then find some gobshite sitting in it.  All the seats are numbered and it is a full house and still they do it.  At the drawn game this went on in the lower Cusack for the first five minutes of the game.  I have been going to Croke Park since 1969 and for last years All-Ireland Hurling Final I could not get a ticket.   I made every phone call possible. Then I went into town and did the pubs, around Gills pub there were supporters from the Peoples Rebublic going around with placards begging for tickets and believe me, I am long enough in Dublin to know what pubs to go to.

The point I am making is this:

1. The cost of Premium tickets is not expensive. They work out at 1,100 euro a year for 22 games, a little over €45 per game.  Take lads like Hardy who goes to every game no matter who is playing and that is good value considering you have first call on rugby, soccer and concerts as well, if of course you wanted to go to a soccer match.  Surely it is better to pay that than to pay a tout €300 for one game, unless of course you get Premium seats from someone and they are not good enough for you that you have to upset a row of people by sitting in someone elses seats.

2.  I have always said that Premium level seats should have been allocated with clubs taking the offers, or, getting the chance to avail of them before corporate interests.  Put simply, the past chairman of Ballyboden St Enda's can not get a Premium level seat because like 2,600 others he is on a waiting list. Club members and those actively engaged in the GAA should be given priority over private corporations.  Again it is not the fault of Croke Park, the clubs were all snoozing when the seats first became available. If clubs owned the seats and a particular club had no interest in a particular game then the old bush telegraph would be back again like years ago before you had to have a credit card and tickets were available from clubs and pubs on the day of the game. I am not doubting that you may have got tickets in a pub for Sunday's game but the suggestion that everyone can go in and get tickets on the day of an AIF  - ??

Over the Bar

QuoteWhatever way you want to dress it up it is touting and preying on the ignorant in our society!!

Ignorant being the key word.  Anyone who pays over face for a premium level ticket for any match at this stage of the year needs their head examined.  Go to the Burlo or the likes the morning of the game and they're handing them out gratis!

rosnarun

I was in the premium for the first time sunday snd got the tickety about 3 rd or 4th hand from a company i know nothing about. i think its great if a company buys ten year ticket to GAA matches to reward their favorite employee/suppliers.
Iwas pleasantly suprized buy the number of Jerseyed drunks in the bars as ionly got the ticket because the owner thought the whole place was too sedate for their brand of yahooism
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Louth Exile

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 19, 2007, 09:46:46 AM
Quotethats gas, we had premium tickets yesterday and went down to the lower cussack to watch the first game for the craic. Can't see why anyone would be that up themself that they would pay four times the price just to be in the premium level.

Another one of the problems at Croke Park, you struggle into your seat and then find some gobshite sitting in it.

Thanks for that Bud  :P
For the record, we sat in the same seats for the whole Louth game and no one came near us, as soon as our game was over we vacated. You are always going to have this situation when the Dubs are playing in the second game, loads of empty seat on the lower tier (They were right to come late last Sunday, awful first game).
I don't see the problem once you keep an eye for possible occupants and move out of their seats once they arrive, no harm done.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

full back

IMHO, there is no problem with passing tickets on for face value to some lad who is stuck. It is cnuts like Hank Everlast who buy tickets with the sole intention of selling them on for profit that gets on my wick

Louth Exile

Quote from: full back on June 19, 2007, 02:58:45 PM
IMHO, there is no problem with passing tickets on for face value to some lad who is stuck. It is cnuts like Hank Everlast who buy tickets with the sole intention of selling them on for profit that gets on my wick

Absolutely

Hardy

Croke Park's new zero tolerance policy for people who sit in other people's seats