Tailteann Cup 2023

Started by Laoiseabu, May 01, 2023, 02:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tier2

I truly believe the players are the ones who have turnt this around despite the proven poor Manager.

Best of luck to them, but to think that progression has been made is an unfounded statement.
Regardless how this campaign ends the manager cannot be considered going forward.

I expect nothing but a rant at the end of this this full of deflection and finger pointing.

Joeythelips

Best of luck to the lads today, the last quarter against Limerick showed what they are capable of, do that for 70mins and they will be playing in the final. If we give up the same goal chances to Down we are in big trouble. They have restored some pride over the last 2 games after the London game. Now we have a great chance to show exactly where we stand.

Joeythelips

Quote from: Joeythelips on June 25, 2023, 09:45:48 AM
Best of luck to the lads today, the last quarter against Limerick showed what they are capable of, do that for 70mins and they will be playing in the final. If we give up the same goal chances to Down we are in big trouble. They have restored some pride over the last 2 games after the London game. Now we have a great chance to show exactly where we stand.

Well after 20 mins we certainly know where we stand. Down have taken the piss out of us but its so bad to see goal like that first one conceded after less than a minute, our no 5 letting his man run through for a handy finish the second goal was similar. At the end of the day Down are Div 3 side and they have torn us to shreds after 20 mins. Any talk of Sheehan getting another year after this is madness. The next appointment is crucial as there is a serious rebuilding job to do.

High Fielder

There isn't a coach in Ireland that would fix that

Giovanni

High Fielder

Dead serious. This isn't or shouldn't be a surprise. We have been shipping heavy, heavy defeats for years now

Gmac

Giovanni

Taking heavy beatings against the likes of Dublin is one thing. Embarrassing yourself is another. This is a team that clearly has had no clue what it's doing - a reflection of the job the manager's done. I'm surprised at you.

Tier2

This didn't happen over night the last 2 years have led to this the players deserve better than this management team in particular the manager.

If the county board had anything about them a statement will be made by tomorrow morning that it's over.

But I'm sure Billy will rant blame everyone try and say that player's are being targeted.

Billy it's not the players

High Fielder

I said it before. We haven't 1 player that would get on a Kildare team. It's just where we are. The whole machine is broken. If Billy isn't good enough, and he probably isn't,  then everything else is wrong too.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: High Fielder on June 25, 2023, 05:07:29 PM
I said it before. We haven't 1 player that would get on a Kildare team. It's just where we are. The whole machine is broken. If Billy isn't good enough, and he probably isn't,  then everything else is wrong too.

Regardless of whether that's true or not, you can't concede 8-16 to a Division 3 outfit in an AI semi. Take away the footballing side of things for a minute. Down were on another level from a fitness point of view. Our lads looked knackered at half time.

High Fielder

I can't take footballing ability out of the equation when we're talking about a football team. Granted Down were fitter and stronger, but they were also more skilful. And hungrier. We're putting lads out there like lambs to the slaughter. They are simply not good enough. I hate saying it, but I know it. A lot of them won't go back in and supporters won't bother supporting.  That's already happening. It's hard to see the positives just now

clonadsane

The easiest and most basic way to set a team up is to park the bus and stop goals. We don't even have a management team capable of doing that. We were ran ragged also and I believe we have a paid professional in a full time s&c role yet our two senior teams look like two badly conditoned club teams

High Fielder

They would have got through anyway. Maybe not to the extent that they did, but certainly enough to give us a hiding. Look back at the lack of contact, space given and inability to tackle. Our fundamental skills are a long way off and our players get exposed against even half decent teams

Our problems are not restricted to this team and Billy Sheehan. It's literally how we do everything, from the moment youngsters go down to their local field. It is very obvious that we are not preparing properly for the challenges that exist today

Countyminor

As hurtful as the situation is, some of the comments I see under Laois Today Facebook posts and Laois GAA's posts on Twitter are completely counter productive. Can't believe some people would actually put their name to what they're saying. Absolute cretins.

Say what you will about todays performance and the lads involved with that team, but they were the ones that stuck their hands up in January and wanted to play for Laois. Some of them, naturally, won't be involved going forward. If this was Mark Timmons' last game for Laois then that's a real shame - absolute warrior who would've made it on any Laois team.

As for the game itself, well Down did what Limerick probably ought to have done last week and scored a ton of goals. It was clear to anyone watching last week that we were far too open and soft in the centre and we ultimately paid a heavy price for that today.