O2

Started by Hank Everlast, June 08, 2007, 01:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Everlast

Having a bit of diffs with o2 at the minute...

I have been an existing customer for 4 years now and every time i have upgraded my package has usually got a wee bit better thru loyalty bonuses.

This year my contract was free fone, 500 mins and 200 texts for £17.50 a month (as i got half price line rental for the year)!

Im due an upgrade now and the offers available are pure shite... best i could get was £25 a month for 200 min and 200 texts and a not great fone.  Worst of all this was only available if over and 18month contract....

Anyone else had shitty upgrade offers or know wats goin on??!?!

Donagh

Ask them for your PAC and tell them you are leaving for another network. I said that to them last September they gave me a new Nokia 6280, 500 mins and 100 texts for £7.99 pm. In my bill the other day I had got charged £5 for a quick call I made in Kildare last month and something similar for one in Dublin the week after. I heard on the radio last night that O2 in the north have a free 'Ireland Bolt On' which ensures you get the same rate for calling or receiving in the south as the north (which they obviously hadn't told me about). By feck I was raging this morning on the phone to them. Ended up they are going to refund £20 from my next bill (taking account of the likely charge for calls I made in Ballybofey last week.

Bensars

A lot of the people you may be talking to have a limited ability on offers available.

Buy the likes of the sun or star ( some of the papers that have a lot of phone deals usually near the sports section).

Then when speaking to someone, tell them you like the service and want to stay and ask for a pricematch.  The upgrade dept are unable to this and they will transfer you to marketing.  Simply quote the deal you want and name where you saw it giving the little reference number on the corner of the aid.

Remember not to be johnny bigballs and tell them you are going to move your service. They hear that all day everyday. If you are pleasant, tell them you want to sya and joke around a wee bit you will get some great deals and phones  ;)

Donagh

Dunno about that Bensars. If you tell them you are moving networks they have to put you through to the terminations person whom I have found has much more scope for making you a better deal.

Either way, so long as you have your PAC you keep your number and the introductory network offers are usually better than upgrades. Win win no matter what way you play it.

Bensars

Donagh, what i meant by johnny bigballs, was the screaming, demanding , im moving networks scenario.  Agreed mention it. Remember they deal with morans all day long and its refreshing for them to hear someone level headed and reasonable. 9 times out of 10 they will try and help that type of person the best they can.

Donagh

Ah right I see what you mean. The attitude I took last time was that I was moving networks as I felt I'd been getting ripped of for ages so I just asked for the PAC straight up and when I said I wasn't interested in any deals they put me straight through to a terminations guy. Since then my monthly bill has dropped from between £50-£90 per month to £15-£30 per month (depending on whether I remember to avail of the free text treats every few months).

Hank Everlast

cheers lads... i actually wanted to stay on the same cntract as im on but was told that it wasnt possible to continue my half price line rental! then i said that i wanted to cancel my contract as i felt the deals on offer were not good and the telefonist just told me that if i wanted to cancel my contract i wud have to put it in a letter to them!
didnt seem to interested in keepin my custom at all!!