Time of the games on Saturday in Croker

Started by Unlaoised, March 27, 2018, 09:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 30, 2018, 10:48:36 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2018, 11:31:50 PM
And don't forget the Galway 90 ;)

They must have built up a bandwagon!

do galway really win that much they can ignore a national title . few enough of these boy would even remember 2001 and probably none of them 1998
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

magpie seanie

Quote from: rosnarun on March 30, 2018, 12:30:46 PM

do galway really win that much they can ignore a national title . few enough of these boy would even remember 2001 and probably none of them 1998

They've always been poorly supported for football.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: rosnarun on March 30, 2018, 12:30:46 PM

Some of us are still trying to forget.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

For today's games I'm hoping Carlow and Fermanagh win.
Would I be right in thinking they'd be their first National Senior pieces of silverware?

Imagine if these games were All Ireland Junior and Intermediate Finals played on 1st Sunday in July with the winners promoted to Inter and Senior? .
And also getting a place in the last 12 of the race for Sam?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2018, 11:32:24 AM
For today's games I'm hoping Carlow and Fermanagh win.
Would I be right in thinking they'd be their first National Senior pieces of silverware?

Imagine if these games were All Ireland Junior and Intermediate Finals played on 1st Sunday in July with the winners promoted to Inter and Senior? .
And also getting a place in the last 12 of the race for Sam?

Why in fucks name would anyone want a junior football standard team in the final 12 of a senior competition?

Rossfan

Romance you foul mouthed gentleman  and reward for winning something.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

our_fella

Anyone know if you can order tickets via tickets.ie, and show a pdf file at the ticket gate???

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2018, 01:42:02 PM
It still makes no sense though.
Maybe but If you wanted to get it through Congress....
Super 8s don't make that much sense to me but it got through by a big majority.

laoislad

Certainly seemed to mean a lot to the Laois players (and fans)winning that..but sure the experts on here know better  ::)
Decent atmosphere also I thought.
Great start for my youngfella seeing Laois win a trophy on his first ever visit to Croke Park.  Some lovely memories made today.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: our_fella on March 31, 2018, 02:32:03 PM
Anyone know if you can order tickets via tickets.ie, and show a pdf file at the ticket gate???
If you order thru tickets.ie the email you get will give you an option to download the ticket to either Apple Wallet or an Android Wallet - either can be scanned and will be accepted at the turnstile.

thewobbler

Quote from: laoislad on March 31, 2018, 05:30:42 PM
Certainly seemed to mean a lot to the Laois players (and fans)winning that..but sure the experts on here know better  ::)
Great start for my youngfella seeing Laois win a trophy on his first ever visit to Croke Park.  Some lovely memories made today.

Didn't watch the Laois celebrations. But I did watch Armagh's players and management treating their first trophy in about 10 years with the same enthusiasm I celebrate South Down reserve league match wins.

There must have been all of 4,000 people in Croke to witness it too. But as I've mentioned a few times , why would any sane man give up their day to drive to Dublin and watch a team who don't care enough about winning to show some emotion about it?

Geezer wants us to go semi pro. Thankfully we will never generate enough public backing to go semi pro when we have managers sucking every last bit of fun out of the game.

Syferus

Quote from: thewobbler on March 31, 2018, 08:37:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 31, 2018, 05:30:42 PM

Didn't watch the Laois celebrations. But I did watch Armagh's players and management treating their first trophy in about 10 years with the same enthusiasm I celebrate South Down reserve league match wins.

There must have been all of 4,000 people in Croke to witness it too. But as I've mentioned a few times , why would any sane man give up their day to drive to Dublin and watch a team who don't care enough about winning to show some emotion about it?

Geezer wants us to go semi pro. Thankfully we will never generate enough public backing to go semi pro when we have managers sucking every last bit of fun out of the game.

You've picked a really strange hobby horse here.

thewobbler

I'm not 100% sure what you mean Syf?

But.... when the players start caring about national league titles, then we should open up Croke Park for the finals, and cancel club matches to make it happen.

Until then, put those finals in an intermediate club ground. That's what the players deserve.

Throw ball

Quote from: thewobbler on March 31, 2018, 08:46:27 PM
I'm not 100% sure what you mean Syf?

But.... when the players start caring about national league titles, then we should open up Croke Park for the finals, and cancel club matches to make it happen.

Until then, put those finals in an intermediate club ground. That's what the players deserve.

From speaking to a relative of one of the Armagh players I know he didn't get much sleep last night he was so nervous about playing in Croke Park. To be fair that  meant more to him than winning the Division 3 title. If I count right Armagh had 5 players making their first starts in Croke Park and 2 subs played there for the first time.

For what it is worth the last national cup Armagh won was the 2013 Division 3 title.