21st Century Membership issue

Started by Itchy, January 04, 2018, 01:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

The sanction rules hold only inside the county. Cant play different codes in 2 counties AFAIA
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Itchy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2018, 06:04:11 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 05, 2018, 05:08:01 PM
I thought it was purely one club per person with a caveat in terms of codes.
EG if the lad is playing hurling for a hurling only club, but football with a football-only club that is OK as far as I know.
Even training and blitzes would mean that the kid isn't fully covered in terms of insurance at both clubs.

This is correct. In Ferbane the lads who play football play for Ferbane, while lads who hurl do so for Belmont.

But I dont think they can hurl for any club other than their nearest one?

Rossfan

Clann na nGael people play hurling for Southern Gaels in Westmeath.
Lots of North Ros people played hurling for Carrick.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Two Hands FFS

I remember reading this at the time. Niall Deasy from Ballyhea, Co. Clare played league hurling for Parnells in Dublin but championship for Ballyhea

http://amp.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/dual-club-role-has-helped-me-says-niall-deasy-441515.html

AZOffaly

Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2018, 06:46:04 PM
EG if the lad is playing hurling for a hurling only club, but football with a football-only club that is OK as far as I know.
Even training and blitzes would mean that the kid isn't fully covered in terms of insurance at both clubs.

This is correct. In Ferbane the lads who play football play for Ferbane, while lads who hurl do so for Belmont.

John Ryan played football with Shannon bridge and hurled with banagher even though Belmont was closer. 

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2018, 10:28:00 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2018, 06:46:04 PM

John Ryan played football with Shannon bridge and hurled with banagher even though Belmont was closer.

He originally hurled with Belmont, but moved(transferred is the wrong word, as neither were his club) to St Rynaghs as Belmont were up to nothing at the time. He was also living in Banagher if I'm not mistaken. That was one of the grounds on which the move was granted.

stephenite

Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2018, 11:15:39 AM
Quote from: brianboru00 on January 04, 2018, 10:32:06 PM
Its not really an issue. A child will be in the custody of one parent mainly to facilitate school so I would imagine that is where they would be best to join. Mostly it seems to be the mother that is the guardian. If the child stays for large parts of the summer holidays with the other parent then they would be entitled to train with them and I suspect play in blitzes as well up to U10 level though not 100% on this last part.

But they cannot play competitively - U12 up - for more than one club.

Poor kid, if his Parents had the decency to do the right thing and ask the child which they'd prefer, and then ensure he got to train/play with that club regardless of who's custody weekend it is, everyone would be better off.

I've a complicated issue. Parents don't speak. Kid is in County A with mother. Father in county B has repeatedly registered kid in a club in that county unknown to mother. Kid trains with club in County A but now cannot play but when he goes to the father he can play down there. I was hoping the GAA had maybe seen this type of thing before and had some allowance (given we are talking about kids) but obviously not.

Itchy

I've done a bit more digging. There is a truly gaa solution being applied to this situation all around the county. Ignore it as no one will know as their is no central database.

Rossfan

That's what I'd have suspected alright.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Quote from: Itchy on January 06, 2018, 08:52:26 PM
I've done a bit more digging. There is a truly gaa solution being applied to this situation all around the county. Ignore it as no one will know as their is no central database.

There is a central database..............

Itchy

Quote from: Orchard park on January 06, 2018, 10:11:53 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 06, 2018, 08:52:26 PM

There is a central database..............

It's not criss checking names and dobs that I've ever heard off.