London Bridge

Started by Milltown Row2, June 03, 2017, 10:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

A bit naive to just blame foreign policy. The guy in sweden who drove a truck into pedestrians claimed it was for revenge but in reality was pissed off that his asylum claim had failed. Likewise wtf have belgium or germany done - hard evidence please and not just some generalised nato excuse.

seafoid

The police don't seem to be on top of things. And one of the Brexit options would mean the UK would opt out of European security cooperation  . The UK is weaker after years of austerity and polarisation. All the UKIP posters and Katie Hopkins rants. All that hatred.  Maybe it has generated some unintended consequences.    The country  is probably an easy target for people with malevolent intentions. The UK is going through a series of structural crises simultaneously.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

How many dead/injured etc?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 04, 2017, 07:41:32 AM
How many dead/injured etc?
6 dead
40.injured according to the Guardian

Ambulances arrived 6 minutes after the 999 call
After 8 minutes the attackers were dead

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Windmill abu on June 04, 2017, 12:18:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 04, 2017, 12:05:03 AM
Quote from: Windmill abu on June 03, 2017, 11:47:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2017, 11:38:34 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on June 03, 2017, 11:32:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2017, 10:59:42 PM
London Bridge seems to have had an incident

Didn't they write a song about that.

Never heard it. Tell me what it is?

It is called "you need to get out more and lighten up a bit"

I'd lighten up a bit more if you were mowed down though, I could make jokes about that all day

Thanks MR2. I need someone on this board to wish me harm. You are a bully hoping another poster suffers physical harm. I made a joke about your initial post being a play on the song "London Bridge is falling down" and you decide I need to be mowed down. I hope you retract your desire for my physical harm before I report you to the board moderators.

I'll take it off when you take your stupid post off, 6 dead 40 odd injured and you do a TF
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Esmarelda

How many more of these before people begin to feel they don't deserve their own thread?

seafoid

BennyHarp

Quote from: Esmarelda on June 04, 2017, 09:05:33 AM
How many more of these before people begin to feel they don't deserve their own thread?

Yep, definitely the question on everybody's lips this morning!
That was never a square ball!!

dclane

Quote from: Windmill abu on June 04, 2017, 12:18:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 04, 2017, 12:05:03 AM
Quote from: Windmill abu on June 03, 2017, 11:47:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2017, 11:38:34 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on June 03, 2017, 11:32:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2017, 10:59:42 PM
London Bridge seems to have had an incident

Didn't they write a song about that.

Never heard it. Tell me what it is?

It is called "you need to get out more and lighten up a bit"

I'd lighten up a bit more if you were mowed down though, I could make jokes about that all day

Thanks MR2. I need someone on this board to wish me harm. You are a bully hoping another poster suffers physical harm. I made a joke about your initial post being a play on the song "London Bridge is falling down" and you decide I need to be mowed down. I hope you retract your desire for my physical harm before I report you to the board moderators.
In fairness your 'joke' was in poor taste.

Seany

Surely someone is telling the GB govt that spending £1billion on Trident is not going to stop this type of attack which is the main threat to the democratic freedoms of the west which are hated by extreme Islam.  That daft spending on a pointless and unnecessary deterrent needs to stop and the money used to fund public services properly.  More ordinary policing, intelligence etc etc.

Selling arms to Saudi Arabia who give them to ISIS who use them on soft targets in big cities is simply jaw droppingly stupid.

Have they learnt no lessons at all from NI?  That a security solution is not the answer? 

Why are there none of these attacks in Ireland?  Because we didn't involve ourselves in the failed destruction of the Middle East.

A little simplistic, but people have become radicalised by what they see as western involvement in the troubles of their homelands.  Once the identity of the culprits of this attack are known, they will be seen as having been radicalised by what they saw happening in their own countries. 

I am not trying to justify the evil minds of these killers, but a reactionary response will only get us quicker to the next atrocity. 

BennyCake

Quote from: Seany on June 04, 2017, 12:06:31 PM
Surely someone is telling the GB govt that spending £1billion on Trident is not going to stop this type of attack which is the main threat to the democratic freedoms of the west which are hated by extreme Islam.  That daft spending on a pointless and unnecessary deterrent needs to stop and the money used to fund public services properly.  More ordinary policing, intelligence etc etc.

Selling arms to Saudi Arabia who give them to ISIS who use them on soft targets in big cities is simply jaw droppingly stupid.

Have they learnt no lessons at all from NI?  That a security solution is not the answer? 

Why are there none of these attacks in Ireland?  Because we didn't involve ourselves in the failed destruction of the Middle East.

A little simplistic, but people have become radicalised by what they see as western involvement in the troubles of their homelands.  Once the identity of the culprits of this attack are known, they will be seen as having been radicalised by what they saw happening in their own countries. 

I am not trying to justify the evil minds of these killers, but a reactionary response will only get us quicker to the next atrocity.

They haven't learned from the North because they don't want to.

Anyone with half a brain cell can see this is a backlash from their involvement in the Middle East. But they maintain these attacks have nothing to do with that. Because admitting that link, would be admitting that what they're doing in the M East is wrong. They aren't going to do that, so they'll just continue to blow the shite out of the M East and tighten it's security laws on everyone in the UK, not just potential attackers.

Minder

Quote from: BennyCake on June 04, 2017, 01:33:24 PM

Anyone with half a brain cell can see this is a backlash from their involvement in the Middle East. But they maintain these attacks have nothing to do with that. Because admitting that link, would be admitting that what they're doing in the M East is wrong. They aren't going to do that, so they'll just continue to blow the shite out of the M East and tighten it's security laws on everyone in the UK, not just potential attackers.

Why where there attacks in Belgium & Sweden ? ISIS have clearly said there main issue is with western lifestyle, so i wouldn't get too comfortable that it won't happen here.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Minder on June 04, 2017, 01:42:29 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 04, 2017, 01:33:24 PM

Why where there attacks in Belgium & Sweden ? ISIS have clearly said there main issue is with western lifestyle, so i wouldn't get too comfortable that it won't happen here.

Couldn't agree more. Wasn't long ago that nut Bakri was indeed encouraging an attack on ireland as revenge for helping the American air force at Shannon. Let's not forget 200 odd loons from here went to Syria. An incredible number when you take the Muslim population here and start taking out women children elderly and the ill. Don't think the ra even at the height of the troubles would have had so many volunteers. So as the previous poster said don't get too comfortable and think this is all because of stupid British interference in the middle east.  Irish citizenship didn't much help ken bigley or Margaret hasan.

seafoid

Via twitter

James Poniewozik‏
Curious why Trump response to London attack more adversarial/politicizing than after Manchester. Few theories:

James Poniewozik‏
1. Manchester, Trump was on foreign trip, in different time zone, kept more busy & away from his phone, under eye of handlers

James Poniewozik‏

2. Trump admin, for whatever reason, sees more political advantage this time--or feels it needs one more badly at least
James Poniewozik‏

3. Trump was simply watching more TV this time, got mad, tweeted, that suddenly becomes the White House position. (My $ on this one.)

James Poniewozik‏
4. One other thing re Trump's London tweets: they show how completely his mindset meshes with that of tabloids/cable news...

James Poniewozik‏
5. Past presidents, like (some) old-fashioned media, valued projecting calm & gravitas, stability, in crisis. Trump is anti-that, at all times