pairc ui chaoimh

Started by Maroon Manc, June 01, 2016, 10:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2017, 11:40:04 AM
They've been granted a bar licence in the Pàirc so let the €s start flowing.
which is funny
considering GAA officials out west have stopped grounds with club bars serving before, during or after games.

manfromdelmonte

€10 in last night, no concession for OAP or students
like, who does that?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 20, 2017, 09:00:06 AM
like, who does that?

10,000 at it too, not a bad earner at all.

Rossfan

We wouldn't get that at our entire SFC.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 14, 2017, 08:50:39 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2017, 11:40:04 AM
They've been granted a bar licence in the Pàirc so let the €s start flowing.
which is funny
considering GAA officials out west have stopped grounds with club bars serving before, during or after games.

Dignified Cork people would be able to have a quiet drink, unlike the muck savages in the West.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

like, who does that?

Those things tend to happen when you're drowning in a mountain of debt.

thefont

Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2017, 12:21:47 PM

Those things tend to happen when you're drowning in a mountain of debt.

"Cribbin and moanin"

dublin7

like, who does that?

When you are not going to get many games, things like this happens. Limerick, Tipp and now cork with 40k stadiums in munster. Don't need them all and a ridiculous waste of money for the amount of use they will get each year

balladmaker

QuoteWhen you are not going to get many games, things like this happens. Limerick, Tipp and now cork with 40k stadiums in munster. Don't need them all and a ridiculous waste of money for the amount of use they will get each year

But great for Ed Sheeran, and Garth when he decides to come back again for a world tour of Ireland.

armaghniac

Quote from: dublin7 on July 20, 2017, 01:03:56 PM
like, who does that?

When you are not going to get many games, things like this happens. Limerick, Tipp and now cork with 40k stadiums in munster. Don't need them all and a ridiculous waste of money for the amount of use they will get each year

Quite right Dublin7. Much better to have the GAA generally fund a stadium in your own county and then require everyone else to come there to play.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GalwayBayBoy

I've seen the Stade de Frank described as being a state of the art stadium a fair few places this week. Now I have no doubts that it's a massive improvement on the old Pairc (which was a bit of a kip) but I imagine state of the art is seriously pushing it.

dublin7

Quote from: armaghniac on July 20, 2017, 01:46:11 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 20, 2017, 01:03:56 PM
like, who does that?

Quite right Dublin7. Much better to have the GAA generally fund a stadium in your own county and then require everyone else to come there to play.

How many games did limerick get this year? That ground is hardly used and should be only have the size it is. How many games will PuC get each season? County boards spending millions on white elephants that could be better spent elsewhere.

How the f**k what I said has anything to with Dublin only you know. Not everything in the GAA revolves around Dublin or is their fault😖😖😖😖😖

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 20, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
I've seen the Stade de Frank described as being a state of the art stadium a fair few places this week. Now I have no doubts that it's a massive improvement on the old Pairc (which was a bit of a kip) but I imagine state of the art is seriously pushing it.

Its very dated looking something from 30 years ago. If they actually continued the roof over the terracing it would help massively bit of a joke modern stadium with no roof in ireland

Jinxy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2017, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 20, 2017, 01:51:22 PM

Its very dated looking something from 30 years ago. If they actually continued the roof over the terracing it would help massively bit of a joke modern stadium with no roof in ireland

The amount of whinging people do about roofs in this country is ridiculous.
I'm going to games thirty odd years and I can count on one hand the number of soakings I've got.
Someone was giving out about the ladies toilets in Navan a week or so ago.
We're gone fierce soft as a nation.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Ladies.....????
In Meath......?????

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM