Quote from: Franko on May 16, 2016, 11:48:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 04:52:20 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 16, 2016, 04:48:45 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 16, 2016, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 16, 2016, 02:30:29 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on May 16, 2016, 09:07:56 AM

I've heard it said the brother of...

... ... ... and a long time Fianna Fáil county councilor. The identity of the man is key as it's alleged he used his political position and authority to block the investigation. The name has been in the public domain for a long time and a senior Fianna Fáil official confirmed he is still a member of the Party.

Dry your eyes J70.

At least you've had the decency sense to delete the detail identifying the man's family name.
No surprise that Ulick the shinner shrill is the one to throw out the smear, seeing their trolls using her image on profile pics on twitter as though any of them give the slightest genuine s*** about her or her family is sickening.

Jean McConville

1970s...border area... T'is ironic all right.

More similarities than that... whiff of political wrongdoing without proof.  The only thing missing is the faux outrage.  How many people on this board have come out with potentially libellous comments about Gerry Adams.  It happens on a weekly basis. No uproar from you there.  Anyway, before i get accused of being a shinnerbot/sf lackey/spokesperson for adams... continue ad nauseum... I'll bow out. I couldn't help but point out the glaring inconsistency here though.

Tell you what - just before you bow out, why don't you find where I have said a word, either way, on this board about Gerry Adams and Jean McConville. There's ten years of history and a simple search function there for you.

Besides, the Adams discussion is out there in the wider media and wasn't being publicized here based on some anonymous comment on a You Tube video.

So spare me the hypocrisy bullshit.

You said it J70. For years here Adams (and others) have been libelled constantly and you've yet to utter a word about it.  But now all of a sudden it's a huge issue.

Thanks for so succinctly making my point.  Or maybe you want to use the ten years of history and the search function to prove me wrong.

Cop yourself on FFS.

Just because I don't comment on northern issues, instead leaving the discussion to those who actually know what they're talking about, does not mean in any way that I can't call foul on reckless commentary on something that actually happened close to where I grew up.

By your standard, no one can comment on anything here unless they've addressed each and every equivalent situation that has ever been discussed on the board.

Had I been someone who did in fact discuss Adams and McConville and who made thinly veiled references to his alleged involvement, you might have some semblance of a point.

As it is though, you're making zero sense.

Ah I see.  So at least you admit that it's an equivalent situation. Owenmoresider, take note.  And your post above made "thinly veiled references" about the McConville case. I didn't even have to use the search function to find it.
Shove it up your hole, I never made any mention of the McConville matter. indeed I notice for all the talk about that case no justice has been served there either.

Franko

Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 18, 2016, 12:03:33 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 18, 2016, 10:19:51 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2016, 01:52:00 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 17, 2016, 11:34:13 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2016, 01:40:33 AM

... ... ... and a long time Fianna Fáil county councilor. The identity of the man is key as it's alleged he used his political position and authority to block the investigation. The name has been in the public domain for a long time and a senior Fianna Fáil official confirmed he is still a member of the Party.

Dry your eyes J70.

At least you've had the decency sense to delete the detail identifying the man's family name.
No surprise that Ulick the shinner shrill is the one to throw out the smear, seeing their trolls using her image on profile pics on twitter as though any of them give the slightest genuine s*** about her or her family is sickening.

Jean McConville

More similarities than that... whiff of political wrongdoing without proof.  The only thing missing is the faux outrage.  How many people on this board have come out with potentially libellous comments about Gerry Adams.  It happens on a weekly basis. No uproar from you there.  Anyway, before i get accused of being a shinnerbot/sf lackey/spokesperson for adams... continue ad nauseum... I'll bow out. I couldn't help but point out the glaring inconsistency here though.

Tell you what - just before you bow out, why don't you find where I have said a word, either way, on this board about Gerry Adams and Jean McConville. There's ten years of history and a simple search function there for you.

Besides, the Adams discussion is out there in the wider media and wasn't being publicized here based on some anonymous comment on a You Tube video.

You said it J70. For years here Adams (and others) have been libelled constantly and you've yet to utter a word about it.  But now all of a sudden it's a huge issue.

Thanks for so succinctly making my point.  Or maybe you want to use the ten years of history and the search function to prove me wrong.

Cop yourself on FFS.

Just because I don't comment on northern issues, instead leaving the discussion to those who actually know what they're talking about, does not mean in any way that I can't call foul on reckless commentary on something that actually happened close to where I grew up.

By your standard, no one can comment on anything here unless they've addressed each and every equivalent situation that has ever been discussed on the board.

Had I been someone who did in fact discuss Adams and McConville and who made thinly veiled references to his alleged involvement, you might have some semblance of a point.

Ah I see.  So at least you admit that it's an equivalent situation. Owenmoresider, take note.  And your post above made "thinly veiled references" about the McConville case. I didn't even have to use the search function to find it.
Shove it up your hole, I never made any mention of the McConville matter. indeed I notice for all the talk about that case no justice has been served there either.

Are you having a laugh??  That was exactly my point.  I managed to make it without the insults though.  A couple of very mature responses from ye lads when your hypocrisy was highlighted.

J70

Quote from: Franko on May 18, 2016, 01:36:27 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

Cop yourself on FFS.

Are you having a laugh??  That was exactly my point.  I managed to make it without the insults though.  A couple of very mature responses from ye lads when your hypocrisy was highlighted.

You're either a troll or you are not very bright.

For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its the latter:

The subject of this thread is that a video has been produced alleging that a politician interfered in the investigation into the disappearance of Mary Boyle back in the 70s. Ulick posted some information, which he later deleted, which clearly identified a person who he alleged is the politician in question. I questioned whether the moderators on the board should allow that to stand. A google search for the politician along with Mary Boyle brings up NO results except for the you tube video in which the person's name was listed in the comments section by an anonymous poster (and has now been deleted). So its not like this issue is out there in the media.

On the other hand, the questions about Adams and Jean McConville HAVE been out there in the media and in public for years. Her family have threatened civil proceedings after the authorities declined to pursue a prosecution.

So on one hand, you have an (at this time) unsupported, anonymous allegation being made on an obscure internet discussion board, supported only by an anonymous, since deleted, you tube comment. On the other you have a high profile story which has been in the public domain for years and has been investigated by the authorities and pursued publicly by the family of the victim.

One is fair game for discussion as the details and names are widely known by the general public and is a prominent news story. The other is a scurrilous accusation with no supporting evidence whatsoever being introduced to people via a GAA discussion board channeling a single, anonymous, since-deleted you tube comment.

My four year old son could probably understand the difference.

But sure let's go your way - given that not everyone here on the board has taken a stand in Gerry Adams defense, let's open the floodgates and allow all kinds of wild and baseless accusations to be thrown up here on the board against everyone and anyone.

You can then try to silence dissent by playing the Gerry Adams card and screaming  "hypocrisy"!

balladmaker

I see in the press that the full documentary for the below trailer is being aired on YouTube tonight at 9.20pm.  The writer of the doc says they've chosen YouTube as opposed to a TV channel so as to maintain editorial control of what is being presented ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtN19gKGY1Y

balladmaker

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: J70 on May 18, 2016, 02:24:53 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

Cop yourself on FFS.

The subject of this thread is that a video has been produced alleging that a politician interfered in the investigation into the disappearance of Mary Boyle back in the 70s. Ulick posted some information, which he later deleted, which clearly identified a person who he alleged is the politician in question. I questioned whether the moderators on the board should allow that to stand. A google search for the politician along with Mary Boyle brings up NO results except for the you tube video in which the person's name was listed in the comments section by an anonymous poster (and has now been deleted). So its not like this issue is out there in the media.

On the other hand, the questions about Adams and Jean McConville HAVE been out there in the media and in public for years. Her family have threatened civil proceedings after the authorities declined to pursue a prosecution.

So on one hand, you have an (at this time) unsupported, anonymous allegation being made on an obscure internet discussion board, supported only by an anonymous, since deleted, you tube comment. On the other you have a high profile story which has been in the public domain for years and has been investigated by the authorities and pursued publicly by the family of the victim.

One is fair game for discussion as the details and names are widely known by the general public and is a prominent news story. The other is a scurrilous accusation with no supporting evidence whatsoever being introduced to people via a GAA discussion board channeling a single, anonymous, since-deleted you tube comment.

But sure let's go your way - given that not everyone here on the board has taken a stand in Gerry Adams defense, let's open the floodgates and allow all kinds of wild and baseless accusations to be thrown up here on the board against everyone and anyone.

You can then try to silence dissent by playing the Gerry Adams card and screaming  "hypocrisy"!

So hush hush about a political figure from an establishment party obstructing an investigation into a potential child killer?

J70

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 04, 2016, 11:52:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 18, 2016, 02:24:53 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

Cop yourself on FFS.

So hush hush about a political figure from an establishment party obstructing an investigation into a potential child killer?

??

NAG1

If there is such common knowledge about who committed this crime why has no one named the individual?

balladmaker

QuoteIf there is such common knowledge about who committed this crime why has no one named the individual?

They have named them ... to the guards.

To name them in the media could be seen as making a fair trial pretty unlikely.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: NAG1 on July 05, 2016, 02:13:08 PM
If there is such common knowledge about who committed this crime why has no one named the individual?

Legal issues.

You don't have to do much digging to find the name of the Fianna Fail person who tried to interfere in an alleged child killer and paedophile but the mainstream media are not interested in tackling the heinous acts of establishment parties.

Much like how Noonan's negligence and disinterest in tackling child abuse was given scant lip service and the extremely lenient punishment given out to a FG TD's brother for attempted rape of a minor also didn't make much headway in the media reporting.

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 06, 2016, 06:44:44 PM

Legal issues.

You don't have to do much digging to find the name of the Fianna Fail person who tried to interfere in an alleged child killer and paedophile but the mainstream media are not interested in tackling the heinous acts of establishment parties.

Much like how Noonan's negligence and disinterest in tackling child abuse was given scant lip service and the extremely lenient punishment given out to a FG TD's brother for attempted rape of a minor also didn't make much headway in the media reporting.

But nothing to certain Shinner relatives and the way they might look at ya!
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on July 07, 2016, 12:22:20 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 06, 2016, 06:44:44 PM

Legal issues.

But nothing to certain Shinner relatives and the way they might look at ya!

I think it's amazing the way establishment party politicians have their dirt so blatantly covered up and spun by the media.

balladmaker

I see a random tweet tonight from Gemma O'Doherty, the journalist.

Boycey

Is it worth a watch? The trailer gave me the feeling that it was gonna be heavy on suggestion and light on substance.

balladmaker

Heavy on suggestion, light on hard evidence other than people's opinion ... gives the feeling that those speaking know more than is being said in the doc, worth a watch.  The mainstream media silence is deafening.