Liveline meltdown

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 01, 2007, 03:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Some Liveline today.

Alan 'Fatpuss' Bradley in argument with the Sunday Worst's Paul Williams.

All the innerciddy villians ringing in slating Williams and making out their brudders etc to being one step away from sainthood. One villian even rang in from Portlaoise before the mobile was whipped offa him.

Depressing radio   :-\

Rossie11

QuoteOne villian even rang in from Portlaoise before the mobile was whipped offa him.
If the b*stard was on a chain gang breaking rock ringing Liveline would be least of his worries..
"correction system" in this country is a joke

magpie seanie

I agree 100% Rossie but if you had them out doing that everyone from the unions to the do-gooder mafia would be losing the plot. Personally if I were in power I'd tell them all to f**k off and plough ahead with it.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 01, 2007, 03:00:48 PM
Some Liveline today.

Alan 'Fatpuss' Bradley in argument with the Sunday Worst's Paul Williams.

All the innerciddy villians ringing in slating Williams and making out their brudders etc to being one step away from sainthood. One villian even rang in from Portlaoise before the mobile was whipped offa him.

Depressing radio   :-\

dont know about depressing SS but I dont particularly like the tw*t williams let alone the inner ciddy scombags !

must have been a bizarre show!

full back

Quote from: Rossie11 on May 01, 2007, 03:09:57 PM
QuoteOne villian even rang in from Portlaoise before the mobile was whipped offa him.
If the b*stard was on a chain gang breaking rock ringing Liveline would be least of his worries..
"correction system" in this country is a joke

Correct Rosie
If the powers that be had any balls they would adopt the same style of prison that the sheriff has in nevada I think - work the b4stards to the bone

Rossie11

You'd have my vote Seanie.
The Human rights brigade would be up in arms but in my book once a person makes the decision to affect the human rights of the ordinary punter be it drug dealing, murder, kidnapping and just having a run-of-the-mill high speed shoot out on the M50 they lose the majority of their rights.
Bar getting 3 square meals a day, running water and a roof over their heads I would give them sweet FA.
Mobile phones?? Satellite TV?? Gyms?? Chinese take outs?? Its a sick joke

BTW Lynchbhoy what have you against Williams? I know a few who dont like him.. always wondered why.
Not many would do what he is doing..I think he is fairly genuine..

Donagh

Heard a bit of it myself. Paul Williams is a poor excuse for a journalist working for an even poorer excuse for a newspaper.

Kerry Mike

I think Williams needs to be commended for exposing these scumbags that are a scourge on our society.
He has in part taken over the role from Veronica Guerin, his life must be under constant threat and you would need some balls to do that.

Granted that paper he writes for is a load of trash but its one of the few that will stand up to these criminals.

How these scum can still be using mobile phones in prison is beyond me. Surely there is some kind of blocking device that can be used, and how are they getting them into the prisons.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Ryano

Quote from: Donagh on May 01, 2007, 04:24:25 PM
Heard a bit of it myself. Paul Williams is a poor excuse for a journalist working for an even poorer excuse for a newspaper.

Bit harsh on Williams i think Donagh. I totally agree with you that he writes for a tabloid (i wouldn't apply the word newspaper to it) rag but he always struck me as being a fairly genuine sort of character who is interested in exposing some of the scummy elements that infest parts of Dublin and its surrounds. I know he can blow his own trumpet at times but i'd grant him that for the risks he takes to his own well being.

muppet

The problem here is that there is only one type of criminal in this country.

If you are breathlysed at 10am after a feed of drink that stopped at midnight the night before and are .01 over the limit you are treated the same as a fella who has driven to the pub, had 15 pints and got caught driving home. You are also sent to the same place as any paedophile except that they are separated for their own protection, you on the other hand share the main prisons with the murderers. All this even though another 1/2 hour might have seen you pass the test.

There should be categories of prisons to deal with the different grades of transgressor. Hard time should mean hard time for the serial offenders and for serious crimes. We shouldn't have a one size fits all system.
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

Whatever about Williams the fact that this sc**bag, Fatpuss, had the rule of the airwaves "I deal in just a few aul horses" along with some of his scummy cronies is one of the lowest of low points for Joe Duffy, alongside his Bobby Robson humiliation.

The thing kicked off with Dublin long time SF stalward, Christy Burke, now canvessing for Mary 'Where's Gerry' Lou, ringing in with his gripe that Paul Williams was an anti-Shinner and was being "unfair". Williams came on and went on a rant (justified or not, you decide) on the IRA network in Dublin, docks heist, shielding paedophiles, intimidating good decent folk who wanted to speak out etc etc.

Burke soon got sidelined when 'Fatpuss' came on and soon Liveline sounded like Adrian Kennedys Late Night Phone Show with liberal usage of "fucks" and "cnuts" etc.

I am sure it's streamed on www.radio1.ie if ye can be bothered.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rossie11 on May 01, 2007, 04:04:39 PM
BTW Lynchbhoy what have you against Williams? I know a few who dont like him.. always wondered why.
Not many would do what he is doing..I think he is fairly genuine..
I fully agree with exposing these criminals but think that williams destroys credibility by inventing stuff and not following up and backing up his stories etc....bit too watery , therefor losing any initiative and stick that could be used to beat these scumbags

SS
I cringe to think that SF are associated with so many scumbags south of the border here- while many folk will say that the IRA etc and SF are all the same kind of people on both sides of the border, I will state that these people around dublin are most def not of the same ilk as the folks I know if in the six counties and whatever support I may feel for the northern contingent, I have no empathy down here to a lot of the southern SF and ex ira (who were more or less a front for their own criminal money making activities - and I dont agree that this was the same north f the border).
Didnt know williams was 'anti -sf'
cant blame him or anyone else for disliking a vast amount of southern SF contingent

Fionntamhnach

While I wouldn't know too much about the Dublin gangs, I do know that "Fatpuss" was at least one of the men responsible a couple of years ago for the existence of a pirate radio station called Splash FM that featured local "rappers" talking about slitting open Chinese workers, calling old women around the northside rats etc. not to mention giving out tips for joyriders! The station was shut down not by Comreg (as is the usual case) but by the Gardai.

Silky

Quote from: Donagh on May 01, 2007, 04:24:25 PM
Phone Connolly House quick Donagh! I think you'll find that's no longer SF policy.

thejuice

QuoteMobile phones?? Satellite TV?? Gyms?? Chinese take outs??

To get these things in normal life you need a job. Yet these f**kers get it for free for committing a crime. I cant afford Satelitte TV, gym membership costs a shit load, and these f**kers get it for being bad people. thats a load of shite!!! >:(
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016