Spot on analysis of the feeble state of Northern nationalism currently

Started by T Fearon, February 09, 2016, 10:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on February 27, 2016, 03:37:11 PM
Apples point out even one factually inaccuracy in Turlough's letter as I can't see any

"If Sinn Féin don't make the big breakthrough this time they are destined to fade again into the political wilderness from which they never truly emerged."

Agreed.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Sinn Fein's additional seats will neither put them in government in the South nor revive nationalism in the North

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on February 27, 2016, 03:37:11 PM
Apples point out even one factually inaccuracy in Turlough's letter as I can't see any
All of it, you can't see it because it suits your current position.

T Fearon

General consensus is that having a Northern leader is damaging Sinn Fein electorally in the South.So now being a northerner is a liability in the South.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on February 29, 2016, 06:01:34 PM
General consensus is that having a Northern leader is damaging Sinn Fein electorally in the South.So now being a northerner is a liability in the South.

Almost every person from the 6 counties prominent in SF is a liability anyway, since they haven't a clue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

I don't think the considered opinion that Adams is holding Sinn Fein back has got anything to do with where he is from but rather his inability to grasp or understand economic policy. He spent most of his young adult career fighting for the cause of a United Ireland (justly in his eyes, savagely in the eyes of others). His current position owes itself to leading a military organisation out of conflict and smoothing the transition between war and peace. His status and ability to bring the vast majority of hard republicans with him on the process should not be underestimated and up until now I don't believe it would have served the republican movement well for him to step aside. However I believe Sinn Fein have now got to ready themselves for government in 5 years time and to give themselves the best opportunity they would be best served to go into the next election with either Doherty or McDonald at the helm. They have improved considerably in terms of economics over the last 5 years largely due to Doherty but Adams is not a credible leader in terms of his failure to grasp the figures but also because of his murky past.

T Fearon

SF have peaked in the South,the only economics that matters is centre-right,which Sinn Fein neither understands nor subscribes to.No chance of being largest party in North either,DUP shows steady increase in opinion polls since Peter Robinson left.Grim times for Northern nationalism becoming increasingly embedded into an eternal Union,and lapping up invites to Royal Dinner parties etc.