Arlene Foster going to be the new First Minister?

Started by heganboy, September 23, 2015, 02:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tothefuture

Cant see Sammy running for Leadership. The DUP have never had a head to head for Leadership and I really can't see that changing. Wonder if Arlene as leader and First Minister will see any change in Party Policy at all.

general_lee

Wonder (or should that be wounder) how some elements within Unionism will react to a female leader?

ziggysego

Quote from: general_lee on December 08, 2015, 01:52:28 PM
Wonder (or should that be wounder) how some elements within Unionism will react to a female leader?

Dawn Purvis was the leader of the PUP for a few years ago, until she got scundered with them.
Testing Accessibility

Applesisapples

Arlene would have a bit more balls than Dawn. Dodds doesn't want to have to work with the Shinners.

general_lee

Quote from: ziggysego on December 08, 2015, 02:44:28 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 08, 2015, 01:52:28 PM

Dawn Purvis was the leader of the PUP for a few years ago, until she got scundered with them.
I wouldn't really class the PUP as a serious political party, nor a unionist one at that.

armaghniac

Robbo showed the odd bit of leadership, while blowing hot and cold. Has Foster ever said or done anything that constituted a bit more than the minimum?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Another blow for the Paisleyite wing,which is diminishing in numbers and influence.A good thing and perhaps the latest step in ultimately paving the way for a DUP/UUP merger.

Rossfan

Ah Tony I thought you were a fan of the Paisleyite religious cult wing of the DUP ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

there was an interesting point in the IT about Dodds and the leadership. Maybe he didn't want the long nights, the crap food, the time away from family and the lack of exercise that Robinson had. It's a thankless job.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

red hander

Quote from: seafoid on December 09, 2015, 11:49:11 AM
there was an interesting point in the IT about Dodds and the leadership. Maybe he didn't want the long nights, the crap food, the time away from family and the lack of exercise that Robinson had. It's a thankless job.

Or maybe, on balancing things up, preferred to be a pig at the Westminster trough rather than the Stormont one ... look at the money Robbo and the wife were raking in before Iris blew it for them. Look at the money junior and Jim Shannon are raking in. DUP will always be more loyal to the half-crown than the crown

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians