Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

It seems all IPTV are under attack at the minute from DDOS attacks and the likes definitely has to be Sky etc fighting back, a lot of IPTV providers are actually resellers so if the source is getting affected then all the different reseller products will be as well. More talk of with my subscription of them moving to new servers and improving this and that but at the end of the day Sky just needs to know where the new source is and attack it instead of the old one.

AZOffaly

Also looks like they are attacking the Payment Engines. Trying to lobby things like Paypal to not take subscriptions for IPTV.

It's harder to nail down the IPTV providers because of the nature of what they are doing, and the flexibility that the internet provides. Easier to scramble your own signals.

laoislad

Working fine tonight. Watching Luton Blackpool playoff game and the stream is perfect. Great game btw if any one is interested.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lurganblue

Yeah i had no problem last night with the Spurs match, although i am with talktalk and I havent heard mention of them causing problems (apart from their usual shite service of course)

The Gs Man

Apparently it's grand with the Kodi add-on through the firestick if you avoid the Sky channels, which I tend to do anyway.
Keep 'er lit

trueblue1234

I'm with BT and just used firestick and had no problems.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thebar

guys have any of you's downloaded the smart iptv app on a samsung tv...i aint a clue about these things been told that cos i have a smart tv to download this app for the sports channels etc but for the life of me i cant find it in the app store (didnt even know we had an app store til yesterday!) - can anyone help!?

Boycey

Took my first tentative steps with IPTV on the zGemma today with a 24hr trial line, initial impression is decent..

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on June 01, 2017, 12:39:36 PM
Took my first tentative steps with IPTV on the zGemma today with a 24hr trial line, initial impression is decent..

Why decent and not anything better?  Much pausing or stalling? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 01, 2017, 12:57:38 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 01, 2017, 12:39:36 PM

Why decent and not anything better?  Much pausing or stalling?

Decent not better cause I only have it on less than an hour ;D. I also am running it on a box I have at my work where although the internet speed is decent (about 50meg) it does tend to be inconsistent

general

Ok so iv the Zgemma box boycey. I didnt set it up myself - unlike the open boxes.

how so i go about getting this iptv onto the zgemma?

nrico2006

How much did you get the year for Boycey?  Did it take long to do the install?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

I've only got a free trial for 24hrs but the range of prices I'm seeing are £60 to £100 for 12 months. Took me about 5 mins, had to exchange a couple of emails with the guy

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on June 01, 2017, 03:59:37 PM
I've only got a free trial for 24hrs but the range of prices I'm seeing are £60 to £100 for 12 months. Took me about 5 mins, had to exchange a couple of emails with the guy

Is there a minimum broadband speed needed for the zGemma?

Smokin Joe

I'm not an expert but I read that the zGemma is not great for IPTV.

It's got a pretty small processor.  The H2S was made as a satellite box, not for streaming.  So I guess anyone who doesn't already have a H2S should look at getting something made specifically for IPTV.