Galway v Cavan

Started by twohands!!!, March 15, 2015, 12:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

twohands!!!

Galway 0-3 Cavan 0-0  12 minutes

Cavan struggling to get their attack going by the sounds of it.

twohands!!!

Galway 0-5 Cavan 0-2 30 minutes

Cavan missed a penalty - sounded like Cavan were a bit fortunate to get the penalty and it sounds like it wasn't a great penalty and a relatively easy save by the Galway keeper.

Galway have a bit of a wind - having said that Cavan sound like they have had at least the same amount of possession as Galway if not more but both attacks are struggling.

twohands!!!

Galway 0-7 Cavan 0-2 HT

Not great fare, Cavan struggling to get the scoreboard moving.

Galway have had what sounded like 2 decent goal chances as well so the scoreline could have been even uglier looking.

Cavan could really have done with the penalty being scored.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

An Fhairche Abu

Cavan with the wind in the second half, 9 points to 8 to Galway at the moment but going by the radio commentary neither team is playing that great, Galway sound like they aren't on form at all, game is there for Cavan by the sound of it.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway being a great first half team and a terrible second half team yet again.

An Fhairche Abu

Terrible in the 2nd half, really poor result at home and clueless against a blanket defence once again.
Trying to stay in Division 2 now rather than trying to go up to Division 1, disappointing after the good start to the league.

GalwayBayBoy

That's a 6 point lead at half-time blown last week and a 5 point lead at half-time blown this week. Just dreadful. After looking favourites for promotion not long ago I'd say they face a right battle to even stay up now.

Itchy

Great win for Cavan. Thought ye didn't really deserve to be so far ahead at half time but that was down to Cavan poor shooting. Galway seem to have no idea about what to do against a blanket defence.

Westside

A few of the Galway supporters around me were bemoaning the defensive set up from Cavan. Anyone else think Galway were equally as defensive? More so actually for periods in the first half. Have to say though they were incredibly gracious after the final whistle and even a few I hadn't spoken to at all during the game wished us the best of luck and said we deserved the win.

mrdeeds

Cavan didn't even play the blanket defence. Usually had two or three in full forward line and Mackey stayed up mostly too. So far from a blanket. One time they did have most back but that was it. Galway shooting in 2nd half let them down. As bad as I ever seen.