Sinead O'Connor

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 10, 2013, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Sinead O'Connor has had the initials 'B' and 'Q' permanently tattooed on her face in red ink.

The singer had the letters etched on each of her cheeks as a reminder to a man who upset her.

She told the Irish Sun: "It was suitably painful. It is a B and a Q... the initials of the last man who is ever going to s*** all over me."

When asked if she wanted a permanent reminder of the unknown person who had annoyed her, she replied: "I want him to be reminded."

O'Connor added: "Got it done at Zulu Tattoos in Dublin about two weeks ago. I don't believe in explaining tattoos so even he doesn't know what it means.

"It's dangerous to be considered 'pretty'. I feel safer having 'un-prettied' my face... and he doesn't get to forget.

"So I'm double happy — we musicians do things differently."

The Nothing Compares 2 U star has had a number of tattoos inked in recent years – including a large image of Jesus Christ and a heart symbol on her chest.

No rule 1 of the DIY chain on her mush but I am sure they will surface.

For the record I'd day she's a 42 on the mental scale.

AZOffaly

I feel really sorry for her. She's obviously a fairly disturbed individual, and what a voice she had.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

highorlow

Could be worse she could have got WOODIES stamped on her arse.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

orangeman

She's a genius. A musical legend.

She does and says crazy stuff but she's not mad.

Feckitt

Quote from: orangeman on September 10, 2013, 01:01:14 PM
She's a genius. A musical legend.

She does and says crazy stuff but she's not mad.

Yes, and half the crazy shit that she was saying in the 80s that shocked and appalled everyone turned out to be true!!

No one, and I mean not a single person alive had the balls to go on TV and say that the Pope, the nice happy smiley faced Pope was presiding over a church that was actively protecting and covering up Paedophiles, but she did.  It may have cost her career, but she did it anyway.  The song that she brought out last year, 'The Wolf is getting Married' is a career highlight.  She's still got it.  I hope the facial tattoo thing isn't true, but I wouldn't be surprised.  Of course she's a bit mad, but I'm proud that she's Irish.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

balladmaker

QuoteShe's a genius. A musical legend.

Would have to disagree with you there, her musical legacy is not one which would get her close to any such overused legendary status imo.

deiseach

Quote from: Feckitt on September 10, 2013, 01:10:50 PM
No one, and I mean not a single person alive had the balls to go on TV and say that the Pope, the nice happy smiley faced Pope was presiding over a church that was actively protecting and covering up Paedophiles, but she did.

But that's not really what she did, is it? There's a good account of what happened here , and it seems all she did was change two words in a Bob Marley song from "racial injustice" to "sexual abuse" then tear up a photo of JPII. Everyone remembers what she did, no one ever asks why. As political stunts go, it was rubbish. As attention-seeking escapades go, it was one of the best. The woman needs help. I don't know where she's going to get it from.

Orior

Quote from: balladmaker on September 10, 2013, 01:21:21 PM

Would have to disagree with you there, her musical legacy is not one which would get her close to any such overused legendary status imo.

Agreed. Her one big hit, was written by Prince
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Orior on September 10, 2013, 01:55:58 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on September 10, 2013, 01:21:21 PM

Agreed. Her one big hit, was written by Prince

Dunno, she was doing well enough before that. Here she is at the Grammys in 1989:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugUQJv9YlY

I think she was way ahead of her time. She invented text speak with Nothing compares 2U even before there were mobile phones!
MWWSI 2017

Feckitt

Quote from: deiseach on September 10, 2013, 01:51:53 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on September 10, 2013, 01:10:50 PM
No one, and I mean not a single person alive had the balls to go on TV and say that the Pope, the nice happy smiley faced Pope was presiding over a church that was actively protecting and covering up Paedophiles, but she did.

But that's not really what she did, is it? There's a good account of what happened here , and it seems all she did was change two words in a Bob Marley song from "racial injustice" to "sexual abuse" then tear up a photo of JPII. Everyone remembers what she did, no one ever asks why. As political stunts go, it was rubbish. As attention-seeking escapades go, it was one of the best. The woman needs help. I don't know where she's going to get it from.

Yes, but it wasn't just Saturday Night Live was it.  In countless interviews she dared to speak out against the church and highlighted the role  of the church including Mr nice smiley Pope John Paul II in protecting child torturers and child rapists.

deiseach

Quote from: Feckitt on September 10, 2013, 02:02:17 PM
Yes, but it wasn't just Saturday Night Live was it.  In countless interviews she dared to speak out against the church and highlighted the role  of the church including Mr nice smiley Pope John Paul II in protecting child torturers and child rapists.

And yet people don't know here for that. She's going about it the wrong way.

EC Unique

She is and always has been a bit 'different' Nice voice and used to be very pretty but 'a musical legend'? That's stretching it a bit.

Feckitt

That's because she's f**king nuts  :'( 

Of course she's better known for doing daft stuff, like becoming a priest and a nun, and now I'm saddened to see her apparently deface her own face in order to teach her ex a lesson  :-\

However, I still think of her as a rebel, a person with guts, and a person who is prepared to stand up for herself.  She may not always be right, she is a troublemaker, and sometimes appears to be like a lost child, but you cannot forget the positive impact that she has had on this country.

As a few people have rightly said, she is not a musical genius, but she sings from her heart and soul.