Nathan Carter

Started by Harold Disgracey, January 29, 2013, 11:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

Quote from: BennyCake on May 19, 2016, 09:45:57 PM
Quote from: leenie on May 18, 2016, 02:22:33 PM
I have been known to part take in the country scene .. A few years back I couldn't imagine I would have but I have had some deadly nights and it's great for meeting people.. There is a few who sing popular culture songs as well as country, Johnny Brady was doing rock music before country and was unreal , but I suppose he moved into the country as there is money in it ..

If it's the jiving your after Buckley and mizzell are the ones
If it's the Craic it's, Johnny Brady Jim Devine and Derek Ryan

Nathan doesn't do venues like the tullyglass and riding-dale anymore

Did someone mention muck savage thread  ;D ;D :P ::)

Is the country scene filling the void left by modern nightclubs and lack of slow sets?

I've never seen anyone curting on the dance floor .. Was out at a 'nite club' recently and it was stuffed with drunk ppl in there own groups or fellas following girls around like puppy's .. This doesn't happy on country nights .. Everyone mixes and there's no pushing and shoving

And it's not checked shirts and Stetson .. The girls are far more classy and well dressed and less drunk .. And if you are a fella who can dance your sorted .. I know a fella who has queues of women waiting to dance him .( which I do find amusing). You're actually doing something and you get to talk to the person ..in a nite club you just drink and look the curt
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

redzone

Quote from: leenie on May 20, 2016, 12:21:47 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 19, 2016, 09:45:57 PM
Quote from: leenie on May 18, 2016, 02:22:33 PM
I have been known to part take in the country scene .. A few years back I couldn't imagine I would have but I have had some deadly nights and it's great for meeting people.. There is a few who sing popular culture songs as well as country, Johnny Brady was doing rock music before country and was unreal , but I suppose he moved into the country as there is money in it ..

If it's the jiving your after Buckley and mizzell are the ones
If it's the Craic it's, Johnny Brady Jim Devine and Derek Ryan

Nathan doesn't do venues like the tullyglass and riding-dale anymore

Did someone mention muck savage thread  ;D ;D :P ::)

Is the country scene filling the void left by modern nightclubs and lack of slow sets?

I've never seen anyone curting on the dance floor .. Was out at a 'nite club' recently and it was stuffed with drunk ppl in there own groups or fellas following girls around like puppy's .. This doesn't happy on country nights .. Everyone mixes and there's no pushing and shoving

And it's not checked shirts and Stetson .. The girls are far more classy and well dressed and less drunk .. And if you are a fella who can dance your sorted .. I know a fella who has queues of women waiting to dance him .( which I do find amusing). You're actually doing something and you get to talk to the person ..in a nite club you just drink and look the curt

Most clubs you are guaranteed the ride, country nights no. Unless u are prepared to go for some old divorcee

general_lee

Quote from: Syferus on May 19, 2016, 11:43:39 PM
Carter is supposedly a bit of a bollix behind the scenes. From the horse's mouth.
I've heard similar

general_lee

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 20, 2016, 12:07:33 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 20, 2016, 11:28:20 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on May 20, 2016, 09:28:30 AM
The gobshite completely ruined one of my all time favourite songs (Wagon Wheel) and for that, I wish a plague of locusts on all his houses.
Ruined it or just made you realise it was shite in the first place?
Wagon Wheel song originally sketched by Bob Dylan. It was later modified by Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show and ruined by Nathan Carter.
How exactly did he ruin it? Is this a mild form of music snobbery/hipster mentality "i loved that song before it was popular and he came along and ruined it". Cos the original ocms version is feckin awful no harm to anyone. (Mumford and Sons do the best version)

Don't understand the hate for him tbh, he's got a good voice, can play a rake of instruments and has the good looks to go with it. He's not my favourite but he's certainly not the worst...

leenie

Quote from: general_lee on May 20, 2016, 12:38:16 PM
Carter is supposedly a bit of a bollix behind the scenes. From the horse's mouth.
I've heard similar

His manager is a Bollox , but I've met carter thru a fundraising event and he came to our local for a pre launch and extremely friendly and when he preformed at our festival he brought all his family but the manager was t**ser, was kicking up a fuss cause there was few tussles in the car park.. And the following night Nathan came back as a customer .. But that was 3 yrs ago so he might not be the same

seafoid

I think there is a lot of prejudice against Country music. It's not as if chart music is much better ..

leenie

[/quote]

Most clubs you are guaranteed the ride, country nights no. Unless u are prepared to go for some old divorcee
[/quote]

On a separate note from Nathan .. Either I'm turning old or missed out but I'm suprised at the amount of girls taking randomers home to their home houses after a nite out .( my recent trip to a night club there was 11 single fellas went down and 4 came back .. The rest all going home with weemin )Back in the day u had to b at uni or living out of home .. I would have been killed if I'd took a stranger home ..

laoislad

Quote from: seafoid on May 20, 2016, 01:06:55 PM
I think there is a lot of prejudice against Country music. It's not as if chart music is much better ..
It's all about individual taste surely?
Music snobs make me laugh. What a stupid f**king thing to get uptight about. ;D
Listen to what ever the fcuk you like and don't be minding what anyone else thinks.
There is a thread on here about house music that wouldn't listen to if you paid me but if someone else likes it good for them.
If I like a tune I don't care who it is actually singing it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 20, 2016, 01:13:56 PM
Listen to what ever the fcuk you like and don't be minding what anyone else thinks.
There is a thread on here about house music that wouldn't listen to if you paid me but if someone else likes it good for them.
What if Alex Ferguson or Rory McIlroy were singing it? Agree with your other points.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2016, 01:15:26 PM
What if Alex Ferguson or Rory McIlroy were singing it? Agree with your other points.
I hear they do a great version of A Nation Once Again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Gs Man

Quote from: general_lee on May 20, 2016, 12:46:19 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on May 20, 2016, 12:07:33 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 20, 2016, 11:28:20 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on May 20, 2016, 09:28:30 AM
The gobshite completely ruined one of my all time favourite songs (Wagon Wheel) and for that, I wish a plague of locusts on all his houses.
Ruined it or just made you realise it was shite in the first place?
Wagon Wheel song originally sketched by Bob Dylan. It was later modified by Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show and ruined by Nathan Carter.
How exactly did he ruin it? Is this a mild form of music snobbery/hipster mentality "i loved that song before it was popular and he came along and ruined it". Cos the original ocms version is feckin awful no harm to anyone. (Mumford and Sons do the best version)

Don't understand the hate for him tbh, he's got a good voice, can play a rake of instruments and has the good looks to go with it. He's not my favourite but he's certainly not the worst...

Opinions are like arseholes general.  Everybody has one and most of them are full of shite.

He ruined it for me because I can't listen to the song again without picturing that video in my head.
No snobbery there at all.
Keep 'er lit

maddog

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 18, 2016, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: maddog on May 17, 2016, 11:57:10 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 17, 2016, 11:33:15 AM
Not everyone is a fan.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/if-i-hear-wagon-wheel-one-more-time-im-going-to-break-that-stereo-man-snapped-after-neighbour-repeatedly-played-nathan-carter-tune-34721985.html

They are forever playing that dirge in my local. Added to that one of the 2 landladies is a cousin of Big Tom. We are feckin scundered. If i hear 4 roads again i swear i will have a breakdown.

You shouldn't be posting stuff like that on public forums Maddog. Guess what's going to happen next Sunday evening??

The same as every other Sunday evening

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: seafoid on May 20, 2016, 11:07:46 AM
Very strong in East Galway, Connemara Gaeltacht, Roscommon, north Tipp, Mayo, Donegal , Longford, Offaly afaik

Hmmm that reads like a heat map of in-breeding in Ireland.

Maybe a link there...

/Jim.

blewuporstuffed

I hate the way that if you dont like something that's 'popular'  you are a music snob, yet people that only listen to mainstream stuff aren't snobs for not liking anything 'alternative'
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

general_lee

Quote from: leenie on May 20, 2016, 12:55:10 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 20, 2016, 12:38:16 PM
I've heard similar

His manager is a Bollox , but I've met carter thru a fundraising event and he came to our local for a pre launch and extremely friendly and when he preformed at our festival he brought all his family but the manager was t**ser, was kicking up a fuss cause there was few tussles in the car park.. And the following night Nathan came back as a customer .. But that was 3 yrs ago so he might not be the same
I've heard Nathan was a shlippery enough customer when it comes to female fans, I know 2 girls claim to have shifted him and one says he felt her ass... All from Tyrone mind you so ya have to take what they say with a generous pinch of salt  ;)