Nathan Carter

Started by Harold Disgracey, January 29, 2013, 11:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 30, 2013, 09:55:11 AM
Never heard of this fella.

I assume he is a Norn Iron secret - sounds like ye should keep him under wraps for yourselves - or is that partitionist?

Think Crystal Swing. Sorry for that thought. Now subtract the mammy, the sister, the suave urbanity and the stunning musical talent, leaving only the unaccountable popularity. There y'are.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on January 30, 2013, 10:12:21 AM

I assume he is a Norn Iron secret - sounds like ye should keep him under wraps for yourselves - or is that partitionist?

Think Crystal Swing. Sorry for that thought. Now subtract the mammy, the sister, the suave urbanity and the stunning musical talent, leaving only the unaccountable popularity. There y'are.

Now there's a blast from the past..

Why are they now hiding their obvious talent under a bushel?

kickingmule

Very talented performer, {not for the music clone}

Hardy

Quote from: johnneycool on January 30, 2013, 10:14:58 AM
Quote from: Hardy on January 30, 2013, 10:12:21 AM

Now there's a blast from the past..

Why are they now hiding their obvious talent under a bushel?

There isn't a bushel big enough.

Bingo

He is fairly drawing the crowds, when he played locally in October last the place was absolutely swamped and doors closed hours before they normally would. The crowd would range from 16 to 86. People seem to like this night out at the minute with a lively entertainer and a good dance.

Wouldn't be for me. At the end of the day, he is a cover band and anyone that plays the one song 3/4 times in a night (wagonwheel) needs to get a new song.

deiseach

I know Nathan's grandparents quite well. It would have been their grandparents who were Irish and from what I can see Nathan's father has no Irish roots at all, so he's a long way removed from the old country. Yet seeing him on TG4 recently, he was talking like he was Ulster born and bred. Strange bunch, the Liverpool Irish.

balladmaker

Was talking to a fella who was working at the Country Music Awards on Monday night in Mullingar ... I asked what was the story with Nathan Carter, he said each act got up and sang a couple of songs, when Carter took to the stage he said it was like Beatle mania, the crowds just seem to love him.

He's doing well for a 22 year old, and is probably raking in around 30k a week, some going!

AQMP

Music's version of Mrs Brown's Boys...complete shite, yet inexplicably popular.  He doesn't just inflict his talent on us Nordies, he seems to like Connacht too.

Denn Forever

QuoteComplete shite, his upbeat and terrible version of Green Day's "Time of your Life" is particularly sickening.

Was intrigued when I seen this.  So here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTjfMQrnYi4
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

deiseach

Regarding Nathan Carter's success, I'm reminded of what Brush Shiels once said of Sonny Knowles's enduring appeal - "he sings simple songs for simple people". He elaborated by explaining that Sonny is a great sax player but wouldn't dream of going into a jazz riff for his usual clientele. The music world is full of geniuses who would struggle to fill a phone box.

fitzroyalty

I'd take him any day ahead of what's on offer on x-factor. At least he's keeping her country.

Shamrock Shore

One of the youtube comments on that Greenday song made me snigger:

Irish pissy country band meets one of the greatest songs ever only to be destroyed by this c**t! Slow winks and the swagger, can nearly swear there is a bit of auto tune in that mic, he should be shot with a big ball of his own shite.

Mont

charging a min of 4500, even 4 a shitty week night he is the latest fad

believe he is playin on athletic grounds later in the year, suppose ther wont be much else hapenin ther

screenexile

Quote from: Rois on January 30, 2013, 10:10:28 AM
My 25 year old hairdresser was at one of his shows and loved it - she has taken up jiving now.

Some of you are very hard on what other people enjoy - live and let live! 

As for the £10 or £20 a go - sure how many thousands pay significantly more than that regularly to go and watch 22 diva performances on a soccer pitch?  Each to their own. 

Echoes of the bible belt here - that rock and roll causing the destruction of society with fights at gigs and so on - don't let it across the county line, y'hear!  ;D

Yes Rois "your 25 year old hairdresser" really loved it . . . come on now don't be ashamed you can admit to us your Nathan's biggest fan!!

Bingo

Quote from: Mont on January 30, 2013, 11:54:57 AM
charging a min of 4500, even 4 a shitty week night he is the latest fad

believe he is playin on athletic grounds later in the year, suppose ther wont be much else hapenin ther

Alot of these guys are now operating on a % of the door from 80% to 90% takings.