FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 18, 2019, 10:50:16 PM
Galway team named for the FBD final. A line up that could start round 1 of the NFL?

R Lavelle
D Kyne
S A O'Ceallaigh
E Kerin
S Kelly
G Bradshaw
G O'Donnell
T Flynn
K Duggan
J Heaney
M Farragher
C McDaid
B McHugh
M Daly
S Walsh
Possibly though I'm not sure Farragher will be togged for the first round of the league.
Comer will possibly be back for that game also.

Duine Eile

Quote from: galwayman on January 18, 2019, 11:01:03 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 18, 2019, 10:50:16 PM
Galway team named for the FBD final. A line up that could start round 1 of the NFL?

R Lavelle
D Kyne
S A O'Ceallaigh
E Kerin
S Kelly
G Bradshaw
G O'Donnell
T Flynn
K Duggan
J Heaney
M Farragher
C McDaid
B McHugh
M Daly
S Walsh
Possibly though I'm not sure Farragher will be togged for the first round of the league.
Comer will possibly be back for that game also.

Apparently not according to an interview with Kevin Walsh on the radio this evening, he'll be another couple of weeks getting back to full fitness apparently. No Corofin lads for the league either, that half back line doesn't exactly inspire confidence  ::)

GalwayBayBoy

Yeah heard Comer might not make the start of the league alright.

An Fhairche Abu

Interesting to see if any of the other Corofin lads are on the bench given that Farragher gets another start.
Would have preferred to see a few new faces tried as it's only the FBD (much more at stake in he league) but I guess it'll stand to the players for the opening match against a newly promoted team in Cavan who will probably be primed to hit the ground running at the start of the league.

Rossfan

We'll hardly be able to keep the ball kicked out to that Galway line up.
No idea of our team as the new manager doesn't seem to be in to publicity.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

So with Comer out the only likely change Galway will make from Sunday's team for the opening rounds of the NFL is Cooke for Farragher?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MayoBuck

I saw Comer in Galway over the Christmas and he was on crutches with a protective boot on his left leg. Did he have some sort of surgery?

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 18, 2019, 11:36:24 PM
Interesting to see if any of the other Corofin lads are on the bench given that Farragher gets another start.
Would have preferred to see a few new faces tried as it's only the FBD (much more at stake in he league) but I guess it'll stand to the players for the opening match against a newly promoted team in Cavan who will probably be primed to hit the ground running at the start of the league.
Yeah I'd have liked to see lads like Cunningham and D'Arcy get a game.
As regards Padraic - it doesn't seem as if he is in the managements plans this year by the looks of things. If he was he would see game time in the FBD.
Doesn't bode well.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: galwayman on January 19, 2019, 08:55:21 AM
As regards Padraic - it doesn't seem as if he is in the managements plans this year by the looks of things. If he was he would see game time in the FBD.
Doesn't bode well.

Those players are exactly who you'd want to see get a run out, we know exactly what we have in a lot of that team already, is there any need for Shane Walsh to start in an FBD match really?

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 19, 2019, 09:47:50 AM
Doesn't bode well.

Those players are exactly who you'd want to see get a run out, we know exactly what we have in a lot of that team already, is there any need for Shane Walsh to start in an FBD match really?
I assume it's because the league starts next week so they want him to have had a run out before the first game.
From memory the FBD final last year was on a "rest" week after the first few rounds of the NFL.
Still and all you'd expect all fringe players to see game time in the FBD or what's the point of them being there.

GalwayBayBoy

Doesn't bode well.

I guess D'Arcy played a game and extra time for NUIG midweek but then again so did Michael Daly.

Cunningham can probably feel aggrieved alright. He was left on the bench against Mayo too.

galwayman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 19, 2019, 02:57:42 PM
Doesn't bode well.

I guess D'Arcy played a game and extra time for NUIG midweek but then again so did Michael Daly.

Cunningham can probably feel aggrieved alright. He was left on the bench against Mayo too.
Considering there's at least 5 forwards from last year not available tomorrow it would seem to me as if he will probably be dropped from the squad before c'ship if he's not getting games now in FBD.

Duine Eile

From what Kevin Walsh was saying in his interview on Galway Bay FM last night they have a good few challenge games played over the last couple of weeks and everyone on the panel has gotten gametime, think they actually had a game last night from what I heard locally. He said whoever plays in a challenge during the week doesn't play Sunday so he can get a look at everyone so these lads mentioned might be flying but we just haven't seen them. We'll see!

manfromdelmonte

Is the 3 handpsss rule still being used for this final?

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 19, 2019, 04:04:30 PM
Is the 3 handpsss rule still being used for this final?

Yes