An Unexpected Road

Started by laoislad, February 06, 2012, 12:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Sincerest of congratulations to you and your family. Your original post on this thread was one of the most powerful things I have ever read.

muppet

Luis Laoislad has a certain ring to it.

Congrats Ll to you and your family.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Thanks lads. I've hardly got a wink of sleep since Friday morning and I missed most of the Liverpool game yesterday but all is good.
Just to clarify we didn't call the baby Luis.!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Black Card

Quote from: laoislad on April 21, 2014, 04:17:07 PM
Thanks lads. I've hardly got a wink of sleep since Friday morning and I missed most of the Liverpool game yesterday but all is good.

It is called being a parent - f**king get over it man.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on April 21, 2014, 04:17:07 PM
Raheem?

magpie seanie

Brendan or Steven probably. David out of the running now! 

Hardy

Congrats laoislad. Only a short while till you'll be buying the two lads their first Dublin jerseys.

God14

Brilliant news Laoislad. Congratulations. Your original post struck a cord with me, I just didn't know what or how to respond but it stuck long in the memory.

muppet

Quote from: God14 on April 21, 2014, 09:43:54 PM
Brilliant news Laoislad. Congratulations. Your original post struck a cord with me, I just didn't know what or how to respond but it stuck long in the memory.

I think that is true for a lot of us. Well said.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: Hardy on April 21, 2014, 08:29:49 PM
Congrats laoislad. Only a short while till you'll be buying the two lads their first Dublin jerseys.

Ah here no need for the personal insults !
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

Quote from: southdown on April 21, 2014, 01:02:36 PM
Sincerest of congratulations to you and your family. Your original post on this thread was one of the most powerful things I have ever read.

Was an incredible post. Congrats on the new baby sir

seafoid

Good man, Laoislad. Very happy for the 4 of ye. Family life will be mad especially when sibling justice crops up- there is never enough of it and being the ref is worse than in Croke Park . But you wouldn't miss it. 

From the Bunker

Kevin Kilbane on Saturday night show talking of dealing with DS and the strain on the Mother. Brendan O'Connor has similar experience so interview was a bit more real than usual. Have DS on my side of the family and on the inlaw side. There was a great honesty in Kilbanes interview. He said he was ashamed that he was originally ashamed of Elsie. And you know from my exposure to this situatio that's the first feeling. But thankfully the mental goalpost shift and the realism is that this persons achievements mean more than anyone could imagine. Anyway forgive me, I'm a bit drunk and beginning to waffle.