Triathlons

Started by qwerty123, July 24, 2011, 01:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on May 25, 2014, 08:34:31 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2014, 12:33:42 AM
Did the Roe Valley Tri today, was a tough route on the bike, heading out was tough hills and small drops so was hoping it be grand on way back! Head wind the whole way ffs. Thought my calf and thigh muscles were going to come away from my bone when I started the run. Anyways great day out and well supported. Roll on the next one. Oh PB on the swim which I was happy with

good stuff. I need to get do one soon as well. Had you trained for it?

Have you done the Peninsula Sea Sprint Triathlon ? Looking or thinking of doing it, 20 places left hate open water swimming
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2014, 09:13:33 PM
Did the Roe Valley Tri today, was a tough route on the bike, heading out was tough hills and small drops so was hoping it be grand on way back! Head wind the whole way ffs. Thought my calf and thigh muscles were going to come away from my bone when I started the run. Anyways great day out and well supported. Roll on the next one. Oh PB on the swim which I was happy with

Have you done the Peninsula Sea Sprint Triathlon ? Looking or thinking of doing it, 20 places left hate open water swimming

Where is it? I an sea swim in glenarm last year. Bloody cold but much easier to swim in than a lake. It was a calm night though. I might look into it myself!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on May 28, 2014, 11:59:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2014, 09:13:33 PM

Where is it? I an sea swim in glenarm last year. Bloody cold but much easier to swim in than a lake. It was a calm night though. I might look into it myself!

Ballywalter, Ards direction
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Dublin to host Iornman competition next year, half and full ones it seems. Be some interest in that I'd imagine, the sport is growing very fast in Ireland

Milltown Row2

Ballywalter sea sprint triathlon done today, brilliant weather and great course, finally banished my open water nerves, though I had my moments.

Never beat the deeler

My missus' brother competed in the Ironman Austria yesterday, with times of:

Swim (3.8km): 1:15:28
Bike (180km): 5:58:06
Run (42.2km): 4:28:06

Total time including transitions 11:56:21

Serious effort!
Hasta la victoria siempre

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 30, 2014, 01:43:43 AM
My missus' brother competed in the Ironman Austria yesterday, with times of:

Swim (3.8km): 1:15:28
Bike (180km): 5:58:06
Run (42.2km): 4:28:06

Total time including transitions 11:56:21

Serious effort!

that is mental times. His worst time was the swim and its fantastic lol. Some serious effort

Milltown Row2

Third Tri of the season coming up, Lisburn sprint on Sunday. Looking to do an Olympic distance this summer, maybe two. Anyone done the Mourne tri at Kilbroney, Rostrevor?

Dublin will host the proper Ironman triathlon next year, well it's a half Ironman but with a view to hosting a full Ironman next year, I've pre registered but will see how I fair over the next few months before committing to it. Due to be held on the 15th August, though I suppose that depends on the Dublin City Council lol give permission

JimStynes

Was nearly going to do the Eskragh Lough one tonight but the weather is a bit shit. The lisburn one on sunday is a pool based one?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on July 18, 2014, 11:13:05 AM
Was nearly going to do the Eskragh Lough one tonight but the weather is a bit shit. The lisburn one on sunday is a pool based one?

Yep. sure once you're in the water at Eskragh Lough you'll be grand in fairness I haven't done a sea swim were the water is rough, be so much harder to navigate

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2014, 11:26:39 AM

Yep. sure once you're in the water at Eskragh Lough you'll be grand in fairness I haven't done a sea swim were the water is rough, be so much harder to navigate
Not really, you're still in a group and can keep an eye on where they are going, helps
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 18, 2014, 11:43:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2014, 11:26:39 AM

Not really, you're still in a group and can keep an eye on where they are going, helps

Did that the other week, the fecker I was following was all over the show lol. Left him and headed for another, he wasn't too bad, think I added on at least 150m to my swim ffs

Mayo4Sam

Aye well dont just follow one clown, try and keep an eye on the group as a whole  :P
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Lisburn Triathlon today done, pretty quick course, managed to do it in 1.18. Need to step up to the bigger distances now

Milltown Row2

Anyone see the triathlons today? the elite ones are fine but there was a lad from some country and he was lapped on the swim!!!

Is there no qualifying time for these races?