our boys

Started by lawnseed, June 26, 2011, 12:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cáthasaigh

This thread could descend into a slagging match very easily. Attack the opinions not the poster. I have no idea what type of person MGHU is and am not about to speculate. His opinions however, are reactionary and Fascistic; the type of cowed thinking that has allowed the nation to be misled to its fractured destitution.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 10:56:19 AM

Hows the Good Friday Agreement treating ya? Got any grants out of it  ;)

Can't handle the debate at hand so you throw in some off-topic bollocksology. Troll much?

Nally Stand

I think POG's post here best summed up that few pages of hypocracy:

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963217#msg963217

It really was a good post. You didn't reply to it for some reason.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Ha, ha, Nally your like the child in the playground going around telltaling to the new kid so they will like you. Awwwwe Nally, ya poor thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwUPT0Ad_0A  :D

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 11:14:28 AM
Ha, ha, Nally your like the child in the playground going around telltaling to the new kid so they will like you. Awwwwe Nally, ya poor thing.

Anyway, I've pointed out your "Godwins Law" hypocricy, so I'll let you get back to avoiding Cáthasaigh's points.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Go on Cásthasaigh how are you going to tell this socially liberal, economically conservative, nationalist, republican, pro-Irish-unification, atheist, pro-European Union, how I am a fascist.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 11:23:35 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 11:14:28 AM

Anyway, I've pointed out your "Godwins Law" hypocricy, so I'll let you get back to avoiding Cáthasaigh's points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqUAI0k9aX0&NR=1  ;)

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 11:24:42 AM
Go on Cásthasaigh how are you going to tell this socially liberal, economically conservative, nationalist, republican, pro-Irish-unification, atheist, pro-European Union, how I am a fascist.

You're diverting again, the debate isn't about you. I challenged your opinion of the 26C army, of whom you are proud, and outlined historical reasons why no Irish person should be proud of them. You have chosen to ignore the evidence, much of which outlines historical and contemporary Fascistic behaviour and links so it's reasonable to conclude that you approve of that which you cannot deny and as such you too exhibit Fascist tendencies.

Perhaps you wish to dispute the history of the state or the cosy governmental links with IRMS who supply right wing mercenaries for all sorts of atrocious activities in the third world. Most lilkely though you will respond with further playground diversions. 

muppet

QuotePerhaps you wish to dispute the history of the state or the cosy governmental links with IRMS who supply right wing mercenaries for all sorts of atrocious activities in the third world. Most lilkely though you will respond with further playground diversions.

Cáthasaigh, why pretend to debate when you will dismiss any reply before it even appears?

Your views appear to be beyond the most extreme Republicianism that I've ever encountered anywhere and that is saying something.

Is this correct: Because some Irishmen who had been in the British army joined the new Free State Army, all members of the current Irish Army have nothing to be proud of?
MWWSI 2017

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2011, 12:06:28 PM

Cáthasaigh, why pretend to debate when you will dismiss any reply before it even appears?

Yerman never made any serious replies, merely childish diversions and trolling efforts.

Your views appear to be beyond the most extreme Republicianism that I've ever encountered anywhere and that is saying something.

You don't agree with my views yet you attach to them the label of extremist rather than trying to debate them. That's a cop-out and you need to qualify that statement with examples of what you think is extreme and why.

Is this correct: Because some Irishmen who had been in the British army joined the new Free State Army, all members of the current Irish Army have nothing to be proud of?

That's a very simplistic position to adopt and you deliberately ignore the historical legacy of totalitarian behaviour towards the Irish people willingly engaged in by the 26C forces upon governmental whim; the concentration camps, the summary executions, the atrocities and the torture. This should come as little surprise as the same garrison families who provided the officer corps of Britain's Irish regiments have consistently formed the backbone of the 26C officer corps. The echo of the ethos which accompanied such behaviour can be found today in the state's relationship with IRMS, the company which trains right wing extremists for corporate death squads, which was founded by former senior members of the 26C elite Ranger Wing.

The 26C army has never been anything other than the willing henchman of the 26C state and as the grip of the corrupt politicians becomes more tenuous with spiralling economic ruin we will see them exhibit their true colours again as a force of repression and establishment control.

muppet

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on June 28, 2011, 12:26:56 PM

Yerman never made any serious replies, merely childish diversions and trolling efforts.

You don't agree with my views yet you attach to them the label of extremist rather than trying to debate them. That's a cop-out and you need to qualify that statement with examples of what you think is extreme and why.

That's a very simplistic position to adopt and you deliberately ignore the historical legacy of totalitarian behaviour towards the Irish people willingly engaged in by the 26C forces upon governmental whim; the concentration camps, the summary executions, the atrocities and the torture. This should come as little surprise as the same garrison families who provided the officer corps of Britain's Irish regiments have consistently formed the backbone of the 26C officer corps. The echo of the ethos which accompanied such behaviour can be found today in the state's relationship with IRMS, the company which trains right wing extremists for corporate death squads, which was founded by former senior members of the 26C elite Ranger Wing.

The 26C army has never been anything other than the willing henchman of the 26C state and as the grip of the corrupt politicians becomes more tenuous with spiralling economic ruin we will see them exhibit their true colours again as a force of repression and establishment control.

This is hilarious stuff. Seriously that gave me a good laugh.

"The 26C army has never been anything other than the willing henchman of the 26C state"   :D :D :D :D :D

No need to answer your question on my regarding you as the most extreme Republic viewpoint I've come across, just read the rest of your post. Still funny stuff though.

More seriously, chance of any evidence for your outrageous claims? A link or two maybe or do we just take your (obviously balanced) word for it.
MWWSI 2017

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2011, 12:46:55 PM

"The 26C army has never been anything other than the willing henchman of the 26C state"   :D :D :D :D :D

No need to answer your question on my regarding you as the most extreme Republic viewpoint I've come across, just read the rest of your post. Still funny stuff though.

More seriously, chance of any evidence for your outrageous claims? A link or two maybe or do we just take your (obviously balanced) word for it.

Are you for real? Have you not heard of the Ballyseedy massacre, the execution of 77 prisoners of war (official killings) not to mention the numerous extrajuducial executions such as that of Noel Lemass months after the civil war had ended? Then of course there's the matter of the concentration camps where political opponents of the state were interned without trial, subject to summary extrajuducial execution (Barney Casey, The Curragh, 1940) and tortured at various periods during the 20th century.

It's documented Irish history, nothing to do with outrageous claims. Your attitude is one of either ignorance or denial, most likely the latter.

muppet

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on June 28, 2011, 12:57:18 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2011, 12:46:55 PM

Are you for real? Have you not heard of the Ballyseedy massacre, the execution of 77 prisoners of war (official killings) not to mention the numerous extrajuducial executions such as that of Noel Lemass months after the civil war had ended? Then of course there's the matter of the concentration camps where political opponents of the state were interned without trial, subject to summary extrajuducial execution (Barney Casey, The Curragh, 1940) and tortured at various periods during the 20th century.

It's documented Irish history, nothing to do with outrageous claims. Your attitude is one of either ignorance or denial, most likely the latter.

I asked you for a link, not a lecture followed by an insult.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executions_during_the_Irish_Civil_War#The_Ballyseedy_Massacre_and_its_aftermath

This is what you are basing your rabid hatred of everyone in the Irish Army on?

You are more of an extremist than I thought.

But it is good that we keep going back to Civil War politics for answers all the time.  ::)
MWWSI 2017

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2011, 01:03:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executions_during_the_Irish_Civil_War#The_Ballyseedy_Massacre_and_its_aftermath

This is what you are basing your rabid hatred of everyone in the Irish Army on?

You are more of an extremist than I thought.

But it is good that we keep going back to Civil War politics for answers all the time.  ::)

Use of terminology is always interesting; 'rabid', 'extreme' - demonise the views of the opponent so as not to have to deal too closely with the facts.

Internment and summary execution were not confined to the civil war period. The legacy of such activities, so eargely engaged in would live on for generations due to the military careers of those involved and those whom they influenced. We see the echo of this today in the activities of IRMS, founded by former elite officers of the 26C army. It is reasonable to assume that they took so readily to training and supplying right wing mercenaries to corporate death squads as a result of an ethos instilled during their long 26C army careers.

The 26C army is not and has never been an army of the people but merely the armed wing of the corrupt state. The day might not be far away when they are putting mortgage defaulters out of their homes in a manner similar to their redcoat predecessors.