Plan for Mosque near Ground Zero

Started by Hedley Lamarr, May 18, 2010, 06:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on August 23, 2010, 11:29:13 PM
If we weren't two months from the election, there'd be hardly a word about it.
Do you actually really believe that  :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

PadraicHenryPearse

i doubt he would have put it there if he didn't. Have you an opinion??????? or are you afraid to give it.

DrinkingHarp

I uh hmmm uh agree with TO.

Election time or not this would be big.

A religious group whose patrons/followers attack a city, then said religious group wants to build next to ground zero of attack. News worthy.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 24, 2010, 04:33:12 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 23, 2010, 11:29:13 PM
If we weren't two months from the election, there'd be hardly a word about it.
Do you actually really believe that  :-\

It'd be a relatively minor thing, mainly an issue in NYC, as it was until the right wing politicians and media seized upon it in a big way over the past month or so, making it a national election issue. You certainly wouldn't have all the mid-life crisis brigade riding in on their Harleys from across the country as happened this weekend. That's just my opinion, but even if I'm wrong it doesn't change the fact that it is a ridiculously hyped non-issue being used as a political football.

The fact is, but for all the publicity, the vast, vast majority of visitors to the WTC area wouldn't even know about it. Its on a nothing side street a couple of blocks north of the site, sitting next door to an Amish Market. Once the PATH train entrance is moved from in front of WTC7 and the tourists are no longer corralled along Vesey Street on the north side of the site, there will be even less people in around that street, which is totally off the downtown tourist trail.

J70

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 24, 2010, 08:06:50 AM

A religious group whose patrons/followers attack a city, then said religious group wants to build next to ground zero of attack. News worthy.

In that case the next catholic church (or church from any christian sect) built beside a school or playground should be newsworthy.

mylestheslasher

Doesn't suprise me in the least that a bunch of idiotic right wing yanks with no knowledge what so ever about Islam would oppose the building of a cultural centre near the site of the twin towers.

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on August 24, 2010, 09:28:31 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 24, 2010, 08:06:50 AM

In that case the next catholic church (or church from any christian sect) built beside a school or playground should be newsworthy.
No harm to ye but that kind of idiotic comment wouldn't be out of place on a school playground :-[
See I don't have so much of a problem with a smart fella like yourself intentionally down playing certain issues
simply to suit your progressive and pathetic bend over backwards sympathizing agenda.. but you do realize that
you have little sheep here that are actually swallowing this Dung fully believing that it's true ::)
Whether you like it or not, it is a huge f**king deal to those insulted by it !!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 24, 2010, 09:45:40 PM
Doesn't suprise me in the least that a bunch of idiotic right wing yanks with no knowledge what so ever about Islam would oppose the building of a cultural centre near the site of the twin towers.
See...there's the result of your down playing now J... should you tell him or will I that those
"Auld few idiotic right wing yanks" happens to be 77% of the people   :o
But then since when did the will of the people have any bearing on things here since
the Great Black Dope took the reigns  ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

PadraicHenryPearse

Should i tell you that a high precentage of Americans thought there were WMD, just because they think it is right doesn't make it right. Those not giving the facts and peddling half truths and spinning the whole thing in the media are causing this percentage, i haven't seen one fair and balance thing on Fox, i can only imagine what the talk radio shows are like.

just because something is popular, doesn't make it correct. People are very mis-informed its seems between the difference between a Mosque and a community centre, the difference between Ground Zero and 2 blocks from GZ or 4 blocks from the actual memorial, the difference between muslims and muslim extremists, the differences between GZ being in the shadow of a mosque or the that it is just another building on another street near GZ and the difference between freedom for all americans or freedom for christian american

They have already changed the name because of mis-informed public opinion, they should not change the location. The people who would use the pray rooms are American, the same as the people who are against it. The people who will use the pray rooms could easily have lost muslim friends and families on 9/11 also like some familes against it. Why are their rights more important than American muslims?

I am sure you seen keith olbermann give his take on it

Tyrones own

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 25, 2010, 04:57:16 AM
Should i tell you that a high precentage of Americans thought there were WMD, just because they think it is right doesn't make it right. Those not giving the facts and peddling half truths and spinning the whole thing in the media are causing this percentage, i haven't seen one fair and balance thing on Fox, i can only imagine what the talk radio shows are like.

just because something is popular, doesn't make it correct. People are very mis-informed its seems between the difference between a Mosque and a community centre, the difference between Ground Zero and 2 blocks from GZ or 4 blocks from the actual memorial, the difference between muslims and muslim extremists, the differences between GZ being in the shadow of a mosque or the that it is just another building on another street near GZ and the difference between freedom for all americans or freedom for christian american

They have already changed the name because of mis-informed public opinion, they should not change the location. The people who would use the pray rooms are American, the same as the people who are against it. The people who will use the pray rooms could easily have lost muslim friends and families on 9/11 also like some familes against it. Why are their rights more important than American muslims?

I am sure you seen keith olbermann give his take on it
I did indeed but sure I need not have bothered as you've just quoted the divisive, deplorable and habitual liar above word for word
Yet you have the neck to continually berate Fox for being biased and think no one notices the irony :D
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

Not touching this one  - but to paraphrase that Dromore eejit Zapastista

"America have been building ground zeros beside mosques for years"

(Drunk).

Puckoon

Is a mosquito a mosque for midgits?

PadraicHenryPearse

Can you please point out where i have quoted him (i am not aware of his other work so i don't know what sort of individual he is). Thanks, should be interesting......

Ah a snide remark, the signature of TO with the smiley. Do you think people haven't noticed you do this to everyone elses posts but don't (or afraid) to share your own opinions because someone might make a snide remark about your posts.

Tyrones own

QuoteCan you please point out where i have quoted him
Right here;
"They have already changed the name because of mis-informed public opinion, they should not change the location. The people who would use the pray rooms are American, the same as the people who are against it. The people who will use the pray rooms could easily have lost muslim friends and families on 9/11 also like some familes against it. Why are their rights more important than American muslims?"

That my friend is word for word from his script on his show if you'd call it that!
Quote(i am not aware of his other work so i don't know what sort of individual he is)
I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that that is not entirely true :-\ I think the dogs
on the street are on to him at this stage!
QuoteAh a snide remark, the signature of TO with the smiley. Do you think people haven't noticed you do this to everyone elses posts but don't (or afraid) to share your own opinions because someone might make a snide remark about your posts.
When you get up off your knees and stop with the infatuation of me I might feel a little
more comfortable engaging you....it's kinda embarrassing :-[
  - Walter Lippmann

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 25, 2010, 02:55:22 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 24, 2010, 09:45:40 PM
See...there's the result of your down playing now J... should you tell him or will I that those
"Auld few idiotic right wing yanks" happens to be 77% of the people   :o
But then since when did the will of the people have any bearing on things here since
the Great Black Dope took the reigns  ::)

Really 77% of Americans are right wing imbeciles, I didn't think the percentage was that high but I will bow to your knowledge on this given you are one of them.