My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Started by DownFanatic, February 18, 2010, 09:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Quote from: NAG1 on February 19, 2010, 01:44:05 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 19, 2010, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 19, 2010, 12:06:32 PM
Whats not to be bigotted about these people?

They are a blight on the landscape where ever they go!
We are paying for their lay about theiving life style dont forget that.

We pay them benefits, we try to build houses (or even areas of cleared land) for them which they repeatedly destroy and theive from.

We pay for an education better than our own kids will recieve in terms of Teacher to Pupil numbers (if you dont believe me check out the school on barrack st in the city)

Its time to stop romanticising these people and does no one see anything wrong with the fact that these kids are getting engaged at 14 and married at 15 16?

Knew it wouldn't be long...  And some people think the Irish are nothing but thick, stupid, drunken Paddies.........

NKAB
Whats the issue?

Racism, discrimination, prejudice, stereotyping................. and the fact you have to ask the question.

downredblack

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 19, 2010, 02:18:17 PM
The good looking 22 yr old and the new husband (was his name Pa?) were being interviewed just before they were heading for the scratcher. She wasn't exactly over the moon. :-\ She kept going on about how much they fight and how they will "just have to make the most of it".

Good start. He wasn't long running up the stairs for his smokey ride though :o

He was like a rat up a drainpipe , you couldn't blame him either .

Trevor Hill

Quote from: downredblack on February 19, 2010, 05:18:15 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on February 19, 2010, 02:18:17 PM
The good looking 22 yr old and the new husband (was his name Pa?) were being interviewed just before they were heading for the scratcher. She wasn't exactly over the moon. :-\ She kept going on about how much they fight and how they will "just have to make the most of it".

Good start. He wasn't long running up the stairs for his smokey ride though :o

He was like a rat up a drainpipe , you couldn't blame him either .

She still sh*ts in a ditch. While some of them were ok looking, have a look at the older ones. Dog rough.
5Sams has a soft spot for travellers, he did a bit of courting round the middle bank in his younger days.  ;)

downredblack

Ahh Trevor , the girl in question lived in a house all her life . I doubt she was in many ditches .

Agnes Dipesto

The young girl at the end was 22 when she married, which she admitted herself was 'old' in the travelling community.

It was an interesting programme, although some of the dresses were hideous with one known to weigh 27 stone!! Still  when you hear that the women's role is marriage, babies and family and that's it, I can understand why they go to such extremes on the big day. 

Square Ball

got sure, but is that Julie good year on the right? looks like a mask as well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Where do they get the money for these weddings, that's what I want to know!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

QuoteWhere do they get the money for these weddings, that's what I want to know!

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Trevor Hill

The 22 year old in question, like many of them, seemed to be "in love" with the idea of a big day out, expensive one off 20 stone dress, knackerish horse and carriage etc etc. Very few, if any of them seemed interested or more importantly were in love with the man they were marrying.
Living in a house doesn't mean that she doesn't sh*t in a ditch, you can take the girl out of the trailer...................

fitzroyalty

Travellers would be higher up than Newry people IMO

pintsofguinness

Just watched that there, their treatment of women is shocking.  Not one of those couples seemed to have any interest in each other.  Not much difference between them and those eejits who have arranged marriages and such nonsense. 
That girl at 22 who married a fella she only met twice - I just feel sorry for her.   

Rav67

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 20, 2010, 04:52:34 PM
Just watched that there, their treatment of women is shocking.  Not one of those couples seemed to have any interest in each other.  Not much difference between them and those eejits who have arranged marriages and such nonsense. 
That girl at 22 who married a fella she only met twice - I just feel sorry for her.

Thought it was a bit ridiculous that they hadn't actually talked about whether they were gonna live in Ireland or England yet.  I think the girl seemed terrified about the prospect of having to move.

pintsofguinness

She seemed terrified about it all! Hardly a happy bride.

The Subbie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 20, 2010, 06:08:36 PM
She seemed terrified about it all! Hardly a happy bride.

You'd be terrified too if Pa Ward was gonna take you home and beat seven shades of shite outa you for the rest of your life!!

Capt Pat

It is lile they are conditioned to think this wedding is the be all and end all there is nothing else going on. The kids aren't allowed out at all some of them even to go to the shops and then they get married.