My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Started by DownFanatic, February 18, 2010, 09:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Watched it last night.... interesting show. Travellers have done me no wrong by me so far so I amn't too worked about them either way.

Funny moment when one of the brides had to be literally dragged / pushed out of her horse drawn carriage as her dress was so big. Have to agree that some of the traveller girls were fine looking things....... although dressed like ...... I won't even say it.

Interesting programme all the same. Couldn't help but feel sorry for some of the traveller girls........ living in a timewarped parallel society.

haveaharp

For all the romantic bleeding hearts - would you be happy if a squad of them moved in next door to you ? No - i didnt think so. Any section in society that wants to lead life by their own laws and outside of societies norm can expect prejudice against them. Its human nature.

Bing Crosby .

The blond girl was absolutely stunning .

ludermor

never kickt a ball

Quote from: haveaharp on February 19, 2010, 12:32:13 PM
For all the romantic bleeding hearts - would you be happy if a squad of them moved in next door to you ? No - i didnt think so. Any section in society that wants to lead life by their own laws and outside of societies norm can expect prejudice against them. Its human nature.

Irish move in next door! God forbid! Now leave the Tyrone team alone!

johnneycool

Quote from: Bing Crosby . on February 19, 2010, 12:37:42 PM

The blond girl was absolutely stunning .

Was she not only 16 or the likes?

Candyman

No, unlike the others she stayed in school until she was 16 and got married there at 22. ;D

ziggysego

The only interaction with Travellers I have is, they like me to pray for them. Very religious people.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

your man reminds me of a boxer but i can'tthink who it is?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

NAG1

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 19, 2010, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 19, 2010, 12:06:32 PM
Whats not to be bigotted about these people?

They are a blight on the landscape where ever they go!
We are paying for their lay about theiving life style dont forget that.

We pay them benefits, we try to build houses (or even areas of cleared land) for them which they repeatedly destroy and theive from.

We pay for an education better than our own kids will recieve in terms of Teacher to Pupil numbers (if you dont believe me check out the school on barrack st in the city)

Its time to stop romanticising these people and does no one see anything wrong with the fact that these kids are getting engaged at 14 and married at 15 16?

Knew it wouldn't be long...  And some people think the Irish are nothing but thick, stupid, drunken Paddies.........

NKAB
Whats the issue?

Bing Crosby .

A sixteen year old girl can be as stunning as anyone . The 22 year old blond is who I was referring to .  Those pictures believe it or not don't seem to do her justice . He looked much prettier in her everyday clothes she was wearing on the telly last night .

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Showed the girls in good light and provided good insight into their lives. That aspect was very good.

But a show like that be edited to show what the producers want to show. I'm not suggesting anything or being bigoted here, just a fair point.

What about those dresses! The money must be crazy!! Custom made. £10k, £20k? More?

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

5 Sams

The good looking 22 yr old and the new husband (was his name Pa?) were being interviewed just before they were heading for the scratcher. She wasn't exactly over the moon. :-\ She kept going on about how much they fight and how they will "just have to make the most of it".

Good start. He wasn't long running up the stairs for his smokey ride though :o
The Aristocrat Years