Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Started by thebigfella, November 09, 2009, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: thebigfella on January 07, 2010, 07:01:14 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2010, 06:54:23 PM
Quote from: Shazam on January 07, 2010, 06:48:53 PM
I loved WAW, thought the Russian missions in particular were brilliant. The Modern Warfare games are good as well, but I just love old war settings, not too sure about Vietnam though, I love killing Nazis.
yeah, the sniper one where you crawl around the dead bodies is excellent
I think it's the second mission where you're walking down the river and get ambushed, the atmosphere created and the graphics are unreal.

I actually thought it was quite boring, there was nothing in the game that hadn't been done before. Online was no where near as good as modern warfare either, I always thought the maps were too big (one of my criticisms of some of the MW2 maps) and the tanks were pointless.
Well Id agree WWII has been done been done to death. That's why people don't like it and it's not really a reflection on those who made the game.  Vietnam should something new.  I think I'll book a day off for the release date!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Shazam

I loved WAW, thought the Russian missions in particular were brilliant. The Modern Warfare games are good as well, but I just love old war settings, not too sure about Vietnam though, I love killing Nazis.
I think it's the second mission where you're walking down the river and get ambushed, the atmosphere created and the graphics are unreal.

I actually thought it was quite boring, there was nothing in the game that hadn't been done before. Online was no where near as good as modern warfare either, I always thought the maps were too big (one of my criticisms of some of the MW2 maps) and the tanks were pointless.

The best map in MW2 is Rust, nowhere to hide. I hate playing in the huge maps, too many hididng places and not enough action.
Shazam Bang

pintsofguinness

btw there's nothing worse than that battlefield game on xbox arcade for map issues! ffs you spend half a hour getting to the action then you're shot and you get sent back and spend another half hour getting back to the action!

Shazam

How much is the online subscription for xbox pints?
Shazam Bang

Shazam

Googled COD: Vietnam there and found a couple interesting articles, first one says that the Vietnam game will draw influence from Apocalypse Now, Platoon and Full Metal Jacket. That is wanktastic, I love those films.

http://news.spong.com/article/20137/Call-of-Duty-7-Takes-Influence-from-Apocalypse-Now

QuoteNew rumours have surfaced about the (allegedly) Vietnam-based Call of Duty 7.

Word doing the rounds is that CoD: Vietnam will be heavily story-based, homing in on the stories of individual soldiers: basically then, lifting the idea of Michael's Herr's Dispatches; and why not, Francis Ford Coppola did.

The rumours go back to a story that's actually over a week old on Abstract360, which attributes that little factoid to "reliable sources" belonging to PlanetXbox360, though the story doesn't actually appear to be up on that site.

Abstract360, apparently jumping to a source of its own, goes on "According to our source, similar to how the original CoD titles modeled themselves after the direction and pacing of movies such as Saving Private Ryan, CoD: Vietnam will borrow from notable war films such as Platoon, Apocalypse Now, and Full Metal Jacket."

Of course, word's been floating around that the next CoD game will be set in Vietnam for a while now, so all of the above sounds perfectly plausible. Given the vagueness of the source, however, we'd just recommend going and pinching a bit of salt off the road to take with it. Actually, don't. We need that salt where it is.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology/2010/01/07/call-of-duty-next-stop-vietnam-plus-infinity-ward-not-developing-modern-warfare-3-115875-21950004/

QuoteCall of Duty's rumour mill has suddenly kicked into life with two titbits about the future of the guns, guts and glory franchise. There's talk of a Vietnam War based Call Of Duty due this year and rumours that Infinity Ward won't develop Modern Warfare 3.

Modern Warfare 2 was an entertainment juggernaut, creating controversy and massive sales but VG247 is claiming that developer Infinity Ward has moved onto "something completely new". It claims a source recruits games developers.

Infinity Ward has made no statements about its next project is. Modern Warfare 2 DLC packs were announced yesterday for release this spring, initially as Xbox 360 exclusives.

If Infinity Ward does drop its association with Modern Warfare, there are strong indications that Sledgehammer Studios, a San Francisco based developer, could pick up the baton. It recently advertised for a multiplayer designer with experience of working on console and PC based shooters.

Meanwhile gaming sites are a quiver with rumours that the next instalment of the main Call of Duty series, developed by Treyarch, will be Call of Duty: Vietnam. It's suggested that the story will focus on the story of individual members of an American platoon during the Vietnam War.

It's thought that Call Of Duty: Vietnam will take its inspiration from war movies like Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket. Last month the developer put up a job ad seeking a Call of Duty level designer able to use historical research while Activision explored licensing a soundtrack of Vietnam war era rock'n'roll last year.
Shazam Bang

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2010, 06:46:33 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on January 07, 2010, 06:40:45 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2010, 06:24:32 PM
Call of Duty: Vietnam due in November    ;D

Sounds good, but is this being made by the same crowd that made the World War II games as these generally don't turn out to be as good as the Modern Warfare ones?
I like WAW better that cod 4 or mw 2

I know you do, we have had this conversation before.  Now I didn't play the last WAW game but anyone I have spoken to or anything that I have read normally says that the Modern Warfare games are better.  I must get the last WAW game sometime and give it a try.  Also I thought COD4 was much better than Modern Warfare 2.

lurganblue

World at war is good but not as good as the modern warefare games IMO but in saying that I know I will be buying the Vietnam one too.

I'm now up to level 36 in MW2 online and still struggling at the best of times. Some games I struggle to get 8 kills, other times I'll get into the 20's. Holding out to unlock the M16 and hoping that will make a difference

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Shazam on January 07, 2010, 07:20:50 PM
How much is the online subscription for xbox pints?
can vary a bit, got my years subscription a few weeks back for 26.00 quid or something from a crowd on ebay.  around 30 or 35 it is in some places.

GB, people only like cod4 or mw2 better because it's modern with new weapons and all that.  That's not a reflection on the makers of WAW, they set out to make a WWII game and did a bloody good job. I've no reason to think vietnam will be different.