Parking In Dublin

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, November 04, 2009, 10:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: lfdown2 on October 18, 2017, 12:17:51 PM
I am in Dublin next weekend (28th & 29th), staying in an airbnb in tempe bar, looking somewhere to park from app 15:00 Saturday to 11:00 Monday, any recommendations?
Stephen's Green shopping centre.  You'll have to walk down with the bags but car will be safe enough, and you can pre-book and pre-pay. 

Owenmoresider

If you didn't mind leaving it on the street you could park near the general Merrion Square/Leeson Street area, there are some streets around there that don't have charges for parking at the weekend.

gallsman

There's a perfectly good multistorey on Fleet Street in Temple Bar.

Eamonnca1

Are you coming from the north? Why not just take a train into Connolly and walk from there?

lfdown2

Had thought of train - times weren't perfect & there's 4 of us so better off driving.

Cheers for the advice all

Avondhu star

Car park at Jurys Christchurch
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Eamonnca1

If you have to pay for parking do you not come out ahead taking the train?

lfdown2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 18, 2017, 11:25:31 PM

You wouldn't - about £20 worse off

Rois

Quote from: lfdown2 on October 19, 2017, 08:05:19 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 18, 2017, 11:25:31 PM

You wouldn't - about £20 worse off
And you'll likely be on the bus on those dates - engineering works 28th and 29th. 

lurganblue

Father in law is running the Dublin marathon this weekend and we are thinking of heading down to meet him at the finish.  Similar question as before... is there parking up near Merrion Sq or would we be best parking outside the city and getting the dart in? I expect the place will be jam packed because of the event. Any advice appreciated

gallsman

Quote from: lurganblue on October 24, 2017, 09:22:27 AM
Father in law is running the Dublin marathon this weekend and we are thinking of heading down to meet him at the finish.  Similar question as before... is there parking up near Merrion Sq or would we be best parking outside the city and getting the dart in? I expect the place will be jam packed because of the event. Any advice appreciated

You'll not get parked at Merrion Square for it. Depending on travel time, park at Clontarf (haven't been there in a couple of years but there was free weekend parking along the strand) and dart in probably your best option. Can be parked ten minutes after you come off the M1.

GetOverTheBar

Clery's Q Park has always been my go to in Dublin. Straight road, handy in and out of (well, bar straight after game days).

general

Long time since anyone posted I this Thread.

Starting within the NCH at James Hospital after the lockdown - any advice for local parking would be great - ideally not pay parking

7/7.15 to 4pmish

thanks in advance.

general

Quote from: general on May 06, 2020, 08:53:29 PM
Long time since anyone posted I this Thread.

Starting within the NCH at James Hospital after the lockdown - any advice for local parking would be great - ideally not pay parking

06.30 to 4pmish

thanks in advance.

GetOverTheBar

The QParks are decent enough, I would leave the car at Cleary's (coming from the North) really for anywhere central in Dublin. Handy in and out. Bit of a walk down, nothing you'll notice on a decent day.