glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on June 29, 2015, 12:03:24 AM
Kayne achieved everything he set out to do.... we are all still talking about it. Have had the misfortune of hearing Florence and the Machine live twice; terrible stuff altogether but I suppose it could be worse, Gareth Brooks could be polluting us.

Bullshit... that's only true if his pre-concert pep talk went something like;

"You see after this gig Kimmy babes, I want the whole country talking about how big a twat I am and how shit I am at delivering a live performance".

Other than that, he fcuked up.

thebigfella

Quote from: Franko on June 29, 2015, 09:20:50 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on June 29, 2015, 12:03:24 AM
Kayne achieved everything he set out to do.... we are all still talking about it. Have had the misfortune of hearing Florence and the Machine live twice; terrible stuff altogether but I suppose it could be worse, Gareth Brooks could be polluting us.

Bullshit... that's only true if his pre-concert pep talk went something like;

"You see after this gig Kimmy babes, I want the whole country talking about how big a twat I am and how shit I am at delivering a live performance".

Other than that, he fcuked up.

Whether or not you thought it was good, he polarised opinion and that's what he has made a name for recently. You know what you are getting with him and some people love it........ I thought it was sh1te by the way by it.

naka

poor enough this year
maccabbess & Ritchie( for the singalong) were good as was weller but I thought the headline acts on the pyramid stage just didn't steal the show
foo fighters were missed

Brick Tamlin

Why do people refer to him as Kanye like they know the dude personally.
He should never been let near the stage or a music festival for that matter. Cant howl a tune and doesn't play an instrument. Ye may as well have had me up there jumpin and leppin about shoutin shite down a microphone.

Pub Bore

I am unfamiliar with the work of Kanye West but I watched a bit of this.  I doubt i'm in his target audience but I thought it was pure shite.

screenexile

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 29, 2015, 02:44:11 PM
Why do people refer to him as Kanye like they know the dude personally.
He should never been let near the stage or a music festival for that matter. Cant howl a tune and doesn't play an instrument. Ye may as well have had me up there jumpin and leppin about shoutin shite down a microphone.

In fairness neither do the Chemical Brothers and they looked to be unreal.

A lot of times the bands on the Other Stage steal the show from the headliners. The year I was there QOTSA were up against Beyonce and were supposed to be twice as good!!

Kanye and The Who as pensioners wouldn't be my cup of tea but there was plenty over the weekend I thought was good and would have kept me more than entertained had I went!!

50fiftyball

Ole Lionel was great entertainment if for nothing else.  ;D All night long got a good vibe going in our house before graveyard mass, nearly too good - I contemplated hitting the local for a few on the way past to mass!

Jell 0 Biafra

Billys Boots

QuoteOr The Fall

Only Smithy could look cool wearing a blue jumper at Glastonbury.  :D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Gs Man

Vintage Trouble and The Chemical Brothers were excellent.
Keep 'er lit

Joe Blob

The content on bbc iplayer is fantastic. Outside of the pyramid stage there were some fantastic sets that I caught over the weekend. Chemical Brothers have been mentioned but some brilliant stuff from Jungle, Caribou and Run The Jewels to name some of the lesser mainstream acts.

johnneycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 28, 2015, 03:09:14 PM
Florence and the machine have been the stars of the show so far. Watched all of rudimentals set and thought they were good as well. Saturday night was as poor a line up at glastonbury as I can remember.

Caught Florence doing the cover version of the Fu Fighters 'Times like these' and she was fantastic at it.

screenexile

Seen a few acts there.

Royal Blood are class

Radiohead as a band sound class but they've been around a long time and they have a lot of droney songs which can be quite boring

Dizee Rascal seems to have been great craic

Kris Kristofferson should not be doing live performances anymore

Elbow are meh

Always a good weekends viewing though and usually fires up a band or two that I haven't heard of that end up being great!

Wildweasel74

Seen Royal Blood at Slane, thought they were ok nothing more, Radiohead, no harm to them but their music about 20years outdated, shows how stuck for headliners they are

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 23, 2017, 11:51:32 PM
Seen Royal Blood at Slane, thought they were ok nothing more, Radiohead, no harm to them but their music about 20years outdated, shows how stuck for headliners they are

You went to see Guns n Roses at Slane though right??