glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Watched Florence and the machine, thought she was great, actually be interested in going to see her. My open air concert's days are over, but would be tempted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

Seen her at Vital a few years back and she was amazing.  The office suit didn't do much for her stage presence last night tho. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 27, 2015, 02:05:37 PM
Seen her at Vital a few years back and she was amazing.  The office suit didn't do much for her stage presence last night tho.

She has serious energy in fairness, bounced along that stage like a ween
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Not getting Kanye at all, no connecrion with the crowd, maybe i'm getting old

muppet

Quote from: Last Man on June 27, 2015, 10:36:41 PM

Tell him to post here and we'll see if we can connect....
MWWSI 2017

michaelg

Suede on BBC4 a better bet.

smelmoth

Quote from: michaelg on June 27, 2015, 11:00:32 PM

Indeed

If Strange Fruit was played at a KKK convention it would have got a more sypathetic rendition than Kanye's offering

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: michaelg on June 27, 2015, 11:00:32 PM

100%

screenexile

What the f**k is it with the auto tune?? He needs to pull out goldigger or something decent shortly!!

michaelg

Quote from: screenexile on June 27, 2015, 11:05:07 PM
What the f**k is it with the auto tune?? He needs to pull out goldigger or something decent shortly!!
In the good old days he would have been inundated with bottles of piss by now.

screenexile

Quote from: michaelg on June 27, 2015, 11:22:26 PM

He seems to be getting reasonable feedback from the crowd... Is it just us?? It's f**king horrendous!!

I don't mind R&B and enjoyed Jay Z but at least he played the hits and didn't use f**king autotune!!!!!!!

ballinaman

Put down that flag...seriously...what gobshites are holding those flag poles for hours on end.

Chronic stuff from Kanye West. Hilarious, some shite.

michaelg

Quote from: screenexile on June 27, 2015, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: michaelg on June 27, 2015, 11:22:26 PM

He seems to be getting reasonable feedback from the crowd... Is it just us?? It's f**king horrendous!!

I don't mind R&B and enjoyed Jay Z but at least he played the hits and didn't use f**king autotune!!!!!!!
No mate, it is utter pish - Reckon folk will be leaving in their droves.  Would draw the curtains if yon was in my back garden.

smelmoth

Meanwhile on BBC4 we are witnessing a master class in belting out the hits and doing so in some considerable style

screenexile

Suede aren't great but they're singling without autotune and singing their hits which puts them about 10 places ahead of that twat on the Pyramid stage!!

Reminds me of when the Gorillaz filled in for U2 5\6 years ago and they were possible worse!!