What is the most partitionist institution in the South ?

Started by seafoid, August 30, 2023, 02:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Someone's been reading today's Irish News' article about Cosgrove.

The ship has long sailed but the FAI was my initial thought too.

Snapchap

FG/FG. After all, they decided that all matters related to the north of Ireland should fall under the remit of the Department of Foreign Affairs.

Main Street

Quote from: Aristo 60 on August 30, 2023, 04:35:21 PM
The weather crowd that just removed the 6 counties from their map of Ireland altogether
Not RTÉ nor Met Éireann, who both pay an abundance of lip service to nordie weather patterns.

aA its constituted now re league and international football, the nFAI is obviously a contender  but some credit due to its non-compromising  non-partitionist attitude when it came to the rights of Irish citizenry to play for their country and their efforts down through the years to stand firm against a flailing IFA resistance which ended up dying a death of a thousand cuts.

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on August 30, 2023, 08:55:13 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on August 30, 2023, 04:35:21 PM
The weather crowd that just removed the 6 counties from their map of Ireland altogether
Not RTÉ nor Met Éireann, who both pay an abundance of lip service to nordie weather patterns.

aA its constituted now re league and international football, the nFAI is obviously a contender  but some credit due to its non-compromising  non-partitionist attitude when it came to the rights of Irish citizenry to play for their country and their efforts down through the years to stand firm against a flailing IFA resistance which ended up dying a death of a thousand cuts.
Rain mostly in Ulster and Connacht...
The FAI doesn't sustain partition like the Civil Service does

armaghniac

Quote from: weareros on August 30, 2023, 04:12:07 PM
The FAI and IFA merging again would go a long way to unifying people. However the NI soccer team is such a big part of Loyalist male identity (our wee county, we're not Brazil..., sweet Norn Iron) that looks an impossible task. The FAI did break away for valid reasons. Probably the best thing is they are both such shite organisations, there will eventually be no financial choice but to field one team, have one league. But as for partitionist, I'd have RTE sport, particularly their lack of effort in trying to secure all-island rights for things like the Olympics given that most athletes from North represent the Olympic Council of Ireland.

Have you any actusl knowledge of RTÉ's negotiations for Olympic rights a d the extent of their efforts. I would say that the problem is the likes of the BBC signing deals that exclude the. What are the politicians doing about this?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on August 30, 2023, 07:14:54 PM
Someone's been reading today's Irish News' article about Cosgrove.

The ship has long sailed but the FAI was my initial thought too.
The ship might be coming back again.