TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

There are about five musical crescendos in every episode just after the boul Kiefer explains a political concept to everybody on screen and the viewer. It's like 24 (awful) crossed with an idiot's version of the West Wing.

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2017, 12:03:58 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 07, 2017, 03:35:46 PM
Poldark kicks off again this Sunday evening, 9PM.

Wonder is Ross the da of the young Warleggan ba due any day now as he'd a bit of bump and grind with the childhood sweetheart Elizabeth after the cousin (and her husband) passed away who married that snivelling wee shit George Warleggan the da before he goes and bankrupts Rosses mine by calling in the depts.

It's all go down in Cornwall with all the eye candy of Demelza, Elizabeth and the lovely Lady Caroline Penvenen
Didn't realise it's back on, think it's a great show to be honest

The Ba is born a month early under a black moon ( all got a bit GOT there), the auld Aunt reckons its Ross's who's managed to pin Demelza again in the meantime, feckin hornball. Warleggan is going to boot the auld Aunt out for her jip.
Bergerac has bit the dust the same night and the niece has went and married the doctor on the sly, ker ching there for the doctor lad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 13, 2017, 09:11:22 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2017, 12:03:58 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 07, 2017, 03:35:46 PM
Poldark kicks off again this Sunday evening, 9PM.

Wonder is Ross the da of the young Warleggan ba due any day now as he'd a bit of bump and grind with the childhood sweetheart Elizabeth after the cousin (and her husband) passed away who married that snivelling wee shit George Warleggan the da before he goes and bankrupts Rosses mine by calling in the depts.

It's all go down in Cornwall with all the eye candy of Demelza, Elizabeth and the lovely Lady Caroline Penvenen
Didn't realise it's back on, think it's a great show to be honest

The Ba is born a month early under a black moon ( all got a bit GOT there), the auld Aunt reckons its Ross's who's managed to pin Demelza again in the meantime, feckin hornball. Warleggan is going to boot the auld Aunt out for her jip.
Bergerac has bit the dust the same night and the niece has went and married the doctor on the sly, ker ching there for the doctor lad.

I could never get into period dramas at all, but this and there is another one I'm watching at the minute, Versailles, and they are great shows
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

I know i'm well behind the times but flying through House of Cards at the minute.  Half way through season 3. quality show.  Hard to believe yer woman is in her 50's!

mrdeeds

Watching Atlantic on RTE1. Very good so far. Make you Eurosceptic.

leenie

Anyone watching american gods?

Can't get into the hand maids tale at all ... just finished house of cards - excellent show
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

blewuporstuffed

Anyone watching Riviera?

The first two episodes were decent, Ill stick with it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

I'm well into Hotel Beau Séjour,  a paranormal crime mystery set in Belgium, that somehow feels normal enough after a while.
Just don't get too bothered by the contradictions.  Belgium paranormal does not overly extrapolate on the theme, more a baked beans on toast paranormal. I suppose it is telling that the most interesting character in the drama, after the young girl, is a straight up ex-stasi female detective with a sterile personality. Perhaps sterile is over egging the description.

Overall I think the mystery drama is interesting enough,  scores marks for difference.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3543082/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 19, 2017, 03:54:22 PM
Anyone watching Riviera?

Moving along nicely it should be a good show. I'm 4 in.

I don't know why but I keep watching "The Ranch" on Netflix. It's horrible don't ever watch it but I can't seem to stop myself. Canned laughter is the absolute worst. . . as long as swearing for the sake of it!!

bennydorano

New Hugh Laurie vehicle called Chance started on Universal channel. Looks like it might be good, Ep 1 was interesting.

pearseog

Quote from: lurganblue on June 13, 2017, 10:25:36 AM
I know i'm well behind the times but flying through House of Cards at the minute.  Half way through season 3. quality show.  Hard to believe yer woman is in her 50's!

More hard to believe for me was that she was Jenny in Forest Gump.

leenie

Watched the part 1 and 2 of twin peaks... wtf it's so weird .. never seen the original..

Should I stick with it
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on June 22, 2017, 04:05:28 PM
Anyone watching Riviera?

I don't know why but I keep watching "The Ranch" on Netflix. It's horrible don't ever watch it but I can't seem to stop myself. Canned laughter is the absolute worst. . . as long as swearing for the sake of it!!
Not much to boast about, Screen  ;)

Up The Middle

Quote from: leenie on June 19, 2017, 03:50:59 PM
Anyone watching american gods?

Can't get into the hand maids tale at all ... just finished house of cards - excellent show

I watched American Gods. Thought it was very good, but by fcuk is it weird. Watched 1 episode of the hand maids tail, not sure if i will go back for more.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2017, 12:51:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 22, 2017, 04:05:28 PM
Anyone watching Riviera?

Not much to boast about, Screen  ;)

Thanks Tone you're really helping my self esteem today!